Any T-Mobile Stores Confirm Sale Date Prior to 6/15? [Some Walmarts selling 6/8]

Search This thread

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
I'm on T-Mobile and my contract ended in March I think.

So do I upgrade, I pay $69 a month. or should I just get a new 2-year and snag this beast.
Oh and for those on the contract and ETF argument. if AT&T buys T-Mobile in 8-12 months like we have been hearing and then I want to Cancel they can kiss my ass. I'm not paying ETF because I agreed to T-Mobile, NOT AT&T.

#justsayin

Last edited:

latteladyla

Feb 3, 2011
Los Angeles
I wonder if that would be to unlock the bootloader.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm waiting for the T-Mobile Fathers Day sale ( not sure what the discount will be yet ), I'm hoping it's free phones.
I was thinking @ waiting, but not sure if they will include upgrades in the sale. If they do, what's the chance they'll include the Sensation? Last yr it was changing to family plans & adding new lines.

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I'm on T-Mobile and my contract ended in March I think.

So do I upgrade, I pay $69 a month. or should I just get a new 2-year and snag this beast.
Oh and for those on the contract and ETF argument. if AT&T buys T-Mobile in 8-12 months like we have been hearing and then I want to Cancel they can kiss my ass. I'm not paying ETF because I agreed to T-Mobile, NOT AT&T.

#justsayin

TMobile offered me a $100 credit if I renewed my contract. If you are okay with renewing your contract, you might do it before you buy the phone, as once you buy it, obviously it would be too late.

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
but if you renew the contract before buying the phone, then you don't get the new contract price and you have to pay full $599 right.....

that doesn't make any sense.

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
but if you renew the contract before buying the phone, then you don't get the new contract price and you have to pay full $599 right.....

that doesn't make any sense.

The renewal doesn't remove your Upgrade Eligibility, it simply extends your contract. You will still be able to get the Upgrade Price of $148 or $199 depending on where you buy it.

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
Strike two. 2nd Walmart without cell phones :(

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Scoop24

Apr 14, 2010
NY
I would figure just like anything else that gets released before street date. It's better to go in to the store instead of calling.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Lcrkz0023

Jan 15, 2009
LOUISVILLE
For those who said Tmo was sending The Sensations back b/c of bugs is a false report.

The reason T-mo had the delay is because of HTC. HTC didnt want Tmo to lanch before their HTC Hub service was up and ready for the Sensation w/ Sense 3.0. So they delayed it a week, they didnt want to launch the phone lacking this service because it advertised and promised it as working. To them HTC felt this was a big selling point for this phone. This delay just for Tmo only cuz its easier for them to control the release...Walmart and Target will be selling early because HTC knows majority of the phones wont be sold thru them and as we already know its nearly impossible to keep Walmart/Target from not breaking a release date, let alone a delayed date.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

With that being said, In Louisville, Walmarts have them in stock. Target wont til the 12th...and all Tmo Stores the 15th

digiholic

Apr 5, 2011
purgatory
BUY THEM NOW WHILE YOU CAN!!

Sorry to shout but I have an update. Might be a good edit for the OP. Just left the store that I was at earlier today. They seemed willing to sell to me this morning. Went back to play with the device more. The lady in charge I had talked to earlier came back from her lunch with a T-Mobile rep in tow. I started to talk to them about it and got some attitude from the T-Mobile rep saying it's not available till the 12th. Told her I played with it earlier and that stores are selling them. Showed her the TMOnews link with pictures of a sale. She was not pleased and told me they are not on sale until the 12th. Period! She was never pleasant about it.

-Edit-

Forgot to add the T-Mobile rep said that any Walmarts selling it are NOT supposed to be. Those of you that have one from Walmart "got one past" T-Mobile. ;)

Last edited:

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
looks like the shipments are headed west and everyone on the East and in texas n such have them. Vegas and cali both seem to not have them from what I'm hearing.

I don't feel like driving to my Walmart, it is always what I call a "****-show" lol but I might later to see if they have them hiding somewhere

johnsonrod27

Feb 12, 2010
if you file a warranty claim you have to wait for them to ship you a phone.... if you purchased the phone at the store they will give you another phone on the spot. I too have done this several times...

Ok first all every store doesnt do that with every model.. Second you said your sol.. Your clearly not sol.. Making you wrong

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
Strike three. Aperently metro detroit kicked T-Mobile out cause they suck...at least thats what the CSR told me just now. Guess no $148.88 price for me.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

snarestud940

Aug 21, 2010
Just went into a Tmobile Store to get a screen protector for my sensation I bought at walmart earlier this morning. First of all, it looks like crap because the curved screen allows air bubbles on the sides. So i'm taking it off.

The rep was very rude asking how I got it, and the number of the walmart that sold me the phone. Saying that they shouldn't of sold it to me, and that if he had his way, he would take it from me.

I walked out after paying for the protector. What an ass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY
    Seriously, if you are not eligible for an upgrade and customer loyalty offers you the phone for full upgrade price and you ***** about that, you need to just go away. I am not directing this to anyone in particular, more like the ubiquitous you.

Saying tmo sucks or you are cancelling because they won't give you their newest, highest end phone for free days before it even technically goes on sale are just never going to be pleased. I haven't yet used a cell provider as generous as tmo.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    what you do to get it on? it was in the market? or you sideloaded it?

I just installed the apk I found in the Desire forum using Astro. I attached it, if anyone wants to try it
    I spoke to a tmobile rep today. He told me that a soft launch will happen tomorrow, the 8th in the stores that sell the most phones. All other stores will get them on the 15th. He said the best thing to do is to call around to all the tmobile stores in the AM as soon as they open and ask if they have it. The guy seemed like he was on top of his game and really wanted to help.
    attachment.php

picture of the sensations for prove he does have 4 at the store with s-off