[Ref] Note 2 Dev List the Unofficial.

Search This thread
H

hot_spare

Educate me here:

As part of open source apache license, Samsung releases the kernel source. Is it also required to release details of it's SoC drivers/firmware or other proprietary stuffs? there seems to be some kind of tension regarding Exynos and CM.

modder9

Jan 1, 2012
London
Htc vs samsung

Im at a crossroad, having now read all replies I appreciate the momentum and enthusiasm snowballing for the Note 2 dev, but without fair play from Samsung i feel lost, Galaxy Note 2, HTC One X, or wait for the rumored HTC X+?!!!

God darn, i even went to Smithfield to try out the htc one x and Note 2 in the flesh.

As a current DHD ARHD 7.0.4 user i love the quality of the new One X but when compared to the Note 2, I feel it's the leap i shoudl take as I did with the DHD back nearly 24months ago. But the subtleties annoyed me like screen being better on the One x over the Note 2, would i be able to carry the note 2 around as comfortably...

Utlimately i was won over by the Note 2 especially with the prospect of the Gov auctioning of BANDWIDTH for LTE or 4G in Q1 of 2013. Granted teh HTC One x also supports LTE but the Note has a more rounded impact on me at the moment.

So for those that have cancelled their orders what are you now considering?

What do the devs recommend for those stuck at this crossed road, yet poised for the leap?

HTC X+
Sony???

modder9

Jan 1, 2012
London
nexus 2

I'd say wait for the next Nexus :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Just checked out the Nexus 2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1812097

Besides the obvious camera and slightly better screen res i still think Note 2 is marginally better. But on the plus side I see the Nexus 2 has open code which is a plus.

These are the questions im stuck with;
Do you think devs will bite the bullet and put up with Samsungs bull'ish for another round?
I wonder if Samsung are aware that prospective customers are refusing the Note 2 because of coding?
Will Samsung change the code mindset and listen to those dev's willing to contribute to the development of their products?

On the flip side I wonder if I would need to root a Note 2, it has built in overclocking so enough power, why would you need to root this device, being the latest platform for the Jelly Bean surely it will get the latest updates asap?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

or Galaxy S 12, coming 2023... you might die waiting..:D

LOL

I only have until the 26th Oct for my upgrade I have this order in mind:

Note 2
Htc One X

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Just found out that Smasung has officially released the code for the Note 2

As i have not posted 10 or more post i cannot put a link but Google:
Galaxy Note 2: Source Code Revealed! and you will see the page in question.

Now does this change the game for the Developers with the Exynos and Samsung?

Utacka

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
No it wont change the game... might help a bit but like entropy mentioned before on some post somewhere that its undocumented and just the kernel souece is just the bare minimum.

Skickat från min GT-N7000 via Tapatalk 2

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Thanks entwicklun,

I Googled "verizon locked bootloader samsung galaxy note" and from what I understand that it was Verizon's request to lock the bootloader. Not sure what I would do if I was Samsung but my guess is, if it helps sell more phones on Verizon then lock the boot loader. Money talks, right?
But then I'm hearing news about Samsung not giving developers this and that, just like the example below. :(
Thanks for sharing. How sad. And not nessessarily on verizon's end because this crap is expected from them, (just like the huge branding on the home button, WTF?!) but on Samsungs. In addition to the lack of support for the dev community, seeing them give into big red again is just kickin you when your down. I've never owned or recomended anything other than samsung, but I can see why the devs are leaving. Dont think I'm sticking around for this one after all. Gotta love tho how the locked bootloader news was released BEFORE the device this time around, guess VZW didnt like all those canceled/returned s3's and learned from it.

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
Just checked out the Nexus 2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1812097

Besides the obvious camera and slightly better screen res i still think Note 2 is marginally better. But on the plus side I see the Nexus 2 has open code which is a plus.

These are the questions im stuck with;
Do you think devs will bite the bullet and put up with Samsungs bull'ish for another round?
I wonder if Samsung are aware that prospective customers are refusing the Note 2 because of coding?
Will Samsung change the code mindset and listen to those dev's willing to contribute to the development of their products?

On the flip side I wonder if I would need to root a Note 2, it has built in overclocking so enough power, why would you need to root this device, being the latest platform for the Jelly Bean surely it will get the latest updates asap?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

LOL

I only have until the 26th Oct for my upgrade I have this order in mind:

Note 2
Htc One X

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Just found out that Smasung has officially released the code for the Note 2

As i have not posted 10 or more post i cannot put a link but Google:
Galaxy Note 2: Source Code Revealed! and you will see the page in question.

Now does this change the game for the Developers with the Exynos and Samsung?

Lol that nexus is just a concept..nexus are gonna be multi OEM this time..

HTC : 1.6ghz s4 pro, 5 inch 1080fullhd superlcd2, 16gb inbuilt, 1.5gb ram, 2500mah non removable battery, 4.1.2jb, 12mp cam..

LG: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/08/leak-alleged-images-of-the-lg-nexus-show-up-on-xda-forums/

Sony yet to be leaked :p

Samsung : rumors running of 10inch high quality nexus tablet..

The key lime pie is proved was a hoax and it doesn't exist..

About one x or one x+ don't even think of getting one x the battery life is horrible..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

modder9

Jan 1, 2012
London
Galaxy Note 2

Having reviewed the latest revelation from Exynos I have now decided, on the premise that the code for the whole device will be made available I can rest at ease ordering the Note 2.

The odds are now more in favous than not, for dev support on samsung platforms.

On a side note, the Note has a DPI of 265 whereas my desire hd has 240, i think the desire is pretty clear. I've read all the super amoled vs lcd2 hd hype but do you guys think looks better.

masber2000

Jun 18, 2010
I hope that Samsung is definitely reconsidering because I really want this device, but it has to be able to do what I need it to do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the unofficial thread to find the list of developers for the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

If you are a developer and or ROM maker/cooker would like to confirm that you are going to dev on this device please send me a pm, and I will add you to the list. In past experiences these types of threads have shown to be very helpful to build dev support for a device, and also to help people decide on a device.

What, actually is the list for?
    Basically its for people and devs to see all the dev support the device will have. This sometimes is the deciding factor for getting a phone. If there's huge dev support more people will come. This makes it easier for people to find information on what devs will be supporting the note 2.

To pm me and get added to the list Click Here.

Let's make this Galaxy Note II community awesome!

Confirmed Developers
    1.Utacka
    2.thering1975
    3.DakiX
    4.::indie::
    5.m3dd0g
    6.Crash 1976
    7.g.lewarne
    8.toxicthunder
    9.awesomehacker
    10.KashaMalaga
    11.-Viperboy-
    12.lennyuk
    13.Dexter_nlb
    14.DocRambone
    15.imilka
    16.f3w1n
    17.kristofpetho
    18.mike1986.
    19.Stavr0s91i
    20.wanam
    21.xator91
    22.Beukhof1
    23.ptmr3
    24.Anas M.I
    25.cpu999
    26.AndreiLux
    27.Chainfire
    28.Patrics83
    29.Chenglu
    30.bigbiff
    I'll be here when I get my note2 in December :)

For those that don't know, TW ROM, aokp and multi booting kernel (or at least 2 sesperate kernels )

Myself and utaka could probably come up with a aosp supporting kernel for the device if official CM does not materialise.
    If I buy Note 2, most probably wait for the LTE version, I will help to start the kernel development. Although my previous developments are on Tegra2 devices (Acer A500, Galaxy R...), I would like to contribute to the Note 2 community :)
    I will be here :)