[Q&A Thread][KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
please use this thread to discuss the questions/queries you have regarding my kernel:

[KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}

use the kernel thread only for reporting bugs...

please do not flood the development thread with non-development related questions...

DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE READ ALL THE POSTS IN BOTH OF THESE THREADS

REPEAT QUESTIONS WILL BE IGNORED

Last edited:

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
So what value do you recommed for ur kernel ??
1728 and the lowest

----

also my phone seems to be " hotter " now..I mean that it gets hot very quick with 1728 :-s.

------

also again can anyone make a quadrant test and tell me how much do you make...
With stock kernel I make 6600 but now 6000/5300 ....its wierd that the values are so " changed " ..

Last edited:

lunarjetman1

Dec 25, 2010
So what value do you recommed for ur kernel ??
1728 and the lowest

----

also my phone seems to be " hotter " now..I mean that it gets hot very quick with 1728 :-s.

------

also again can anyone make a quadrant test and tell me how much do you make...
With stock kernel I make 6600 but now 6000/5300 ....its wierd that the values are so " changed " ..

Yep, I've got 6000 after second run of quadrant test.

Hit thanks if helped.

Cheers,
Lunar.

sent from my T.

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
Nope I ve waited am hour phone was cold and made 4000-4500 in qiadrant for like 4 times in a row..also games like real racing 3 are running not so good as before low fps sometimes and lower fps in general..maybe is not optimized

cmajetic

Sep 6, 2011
Vienna
AW: [Q&A Thread][KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}

okay I got a small problem. when I turn my phone off and on again the WiFi is not working, it started working after some minutes, once a router reboot only helped. I think there is something not 100% right.

Gesendet von meinem LT30p mit Tapatalk 2

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Yep, I've got 6000 after second run of quadrant test.

Hit thanks if helped.

Cheers,
Lunar.

sent from my T.

Nope I ve waited am hour phone was cold and made 4000-4500 in qiadrant for like 4 times in a row..also games like real racing 3 are running not so good as before low fps sometimes and lower fps in general..maybe is not optimized

Well you can check that the cpu has throttled back to either 918Mhz or 1026Mhz...

I think I will remove this kernel level fail-Safe..

okay I got a small problem. when I turn my phone off and on again the WiFi is not working, it started working after some minutes, once a router reboot only helped. I think there is something not 100% right.

Hmmm thanks for reporting this... Please let us know in detail what cpu speeds and cpu governor were you using when this happened...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

cmajetic

Sep 6, 2011
Vienna

it happened with stock settings and with overclocked to 1728 MHz. ondemand and cfq.

a bit weird, maybe it's just the router that causes this.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Well you can check that the cpu has throttled back to either 918Mhz or 1026Mhz...

I think I will remove this kernel level fail-Safe..

You probably know that these thermal throttling values can be edited in /system/etc/sysmon.cfg, so you could symlink this file to your kernel. But I am writing this, just to be sure. :)

I've played much with these values and I really don't suggest removing this feature.

S4 cannot even handle continuous 1200MHz in room temperature for longer time and cpu temperature has tendency to go over 80°C. That makes battery temperature to go over 50°C and it's quite high. :)

Edit:
And I forgot, I had to disable "thermald", because it is somehow involved in thermal throttling too (in JB) and two thermal throttling features in one phone, is too much. Sysmon is enough. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DooMLoRD

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Is there any chance to edit kernel values for display calibration? Would be awesome :D

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Doomlord has posted that if we have trouble changing volatges by using apps we should try adb

I have never done it this way, could anyone with some knowledge post the commands here so that we have a list of commands to change the voltages via adb and a way to restore stock voltages if needed.
Also, a command to set them at boot once we have tested them.

That would be great, thanks

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Doomlord has posted that if we have trouble changing volatges by using apps we should try adb

I have never done it this way, could anyone with some knowledge post the commands here so that we have a list of commands to change the voltages via adb and a way to restore stock voltages if needed.
Also, a command to set them at boot once we have tested them.

That would be great, thanks

Greg i think you missed this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38599923#post38599923

:p

Reactions: gregbradley

cmajetic

Sep 6, 2011
Vienna

I got no init.d folder in system/etc, should I just create it? is this normal and is init.d still supported or do I have a bug?

cmajetic

Sep 6, 2011
Vienna

u have to manually create that folder incase its not there in the ROM

okay did it, last question: can you please help me with the permissions of the folder that it works? and the scripts should have the same? maybe
rw
r
r
?

or do I need a custom rom for working init.d? I have just stock 489 ftf..

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
okay did it, last question: can you please help me with the permissions of the folder that it works? and the scripts should have the same? maybe
rw
r
r
?

or do I need a custom rom for working init.d? I have just stock 489 ftf..

keep permissions rwxrwxrwx (777)

u dont need custom rom for init.d

just create that folder using root explorer or using adb commands as follows:
Code:
[B]adb shell
su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir -p /system/etc/init.d
chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d[/B]

if anyone is still facing issues i will post a small update.zip which can be used to set voltages, this will automatically create the init.d folder...

Reactions: cmajetic

Arcano

Jan 3, 2008
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or there's something weird with my device:

Setting voltages thru incredicontrol, voltage cotrol, antutu, rom toolbox, etc. is ineffective. So I tried using the adb method DoomLord suggested, and while I can succesfully connect an adb shell to the device, ¡it also ignores all voltage settings!.

I can cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels, I can echo -25 (or whatever number), but the voltage table stays the same.

¿Does anybody have a hint at what may be the problem?.

EDIT: Nevermind, stupid me, ADB was asking for root permissions, but I never looked at the screen so I didn't see it.
I still don't know why apart from adb commands no other program can change voltages though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts