[Q] Moto G 4g lte signal problems ST at&t

Search This thread

Stryker395

Nov 6, 2012
Hey everyone, I just bought the universal 8 gig Moto G 4g lte. I'm super pleased with the phone except it seems that my phone is constantly switching between LTE, H+, and H. I'm currently using Straight Talk with one of their AT&T sim cards. Sometimes I'll pick the phone up to make a call and it will say no service. It only lasts for maybe 20 seconds, but after it says no service and the time has passed it will show bars again. It's almost like it loses connection with the sim card or something.

I've spent several hours reading about the problems people have had with the switch to KitKat. My phone never shows the "no sim card" or anything of that nature. The triangle where the bars should be just goes completely empty. I'm just curious if this is known to be a software problem and not a hardware problem. I just came from a really really low end smartphone that would cut itself off on a daily basis. I need this phone to at least maintain normal functionality for a while. I don't have a phone to put the Straight Talk sim card in to check and see if it's the problem.

I don't really want to send the phone back, even though I've looked at the Nexus 5. It's a little bit out of my price range for a phone. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: