[LINKS] Nexus One FRF72

Search This thread

binaryanomaly

Feb 21, 2010
I updated from FRF50 rooted and I seem to have kept root on FRF72. At least whoami says that...

why not it's a binary diff update?

Postal Dude

Feb 8, 2010
Same thing happened to me. i Flashed the update "signed.zip" posted a couple of pages ago. it verified and updated but im still on FRF50 *shrugs* phone still works. so im happy.

Lately Froyo has been more and more unstable for me. hoping this would fix it

BrentNewbury

Mar 11, 2008
Ok, I've updated to FRF72 from FRF50 and for some reason my signal drops out and I get "No service" what gives? I'm on Orange in the UK.

rohandhruva

Jun 6, 2010
Santa Clara, CA
I know this has been discussed many times, but I am a bit confused, and would appreciate clarification. I have a rooted N-1, with bootloader unlocked, and Amon's recovery image.

1) If I try to flash the 2MB FRF72 zip (by renaming it to update.zip), it understandably fails key verification. However, if I revert to stock FRF50 (unrooted) and stock recovery image, will it work? (I think no?) If no, why?

2) On the other hand, to flash haykuro's image, I still need to be on a stock FRF50. Why is that? I mean, how is this case different from the above case? Because that would mean that rooting causes some irrecoverable changes to signature verification, which can't be restored..?

Thank you.

binaryanomaly

Feb 21, 2010
1) If I try to flash the 2MB FRF72 zip (by renaming it to update.zip), it understandably fails key verification. However, if I revert to stock FRF50 (unrooted) and stock recovery image, will it work? (I think no?) If no, why?

I did exactly what you describe (revert to stock recovery the shipped one) but the update did not work still FRF50

nsavani

Oct 19, 2009
Chicago
i cant install the update. i have frf50 right now and when i try to do the update via the amonra recovery i get a no signature error message. any idea as to what i can do to flash it?

temperbad

Jan 13, 2009
portland
i cant install the update. i have frf50 right now and when i try to do the update via the amonra recovery i get a no signature error message. any idea as to what i can do to flash it?

Try and wait patiently for someone to make it flashable via custom recovery and rooted frf50....

Or someone provide instructions exactly how to go from root to unroot to frf 72...

Edit.. if ya rooted of course.

Last edited:

BrentNewbury

Mar 11, 2008
Sure was, although the airplane mode thing is odd, perhaps it's related?
Could be, but it's annoying that it keeps dropping signal. :(

Does anyone know a way I can revert back to FRF50 without wiping my phone?

Edit: Checking 'Use only 2G networks' seems to alleviate the problem of dropping the service.

Last edited:

wesbalmer

Oct 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.rawc.net
So wesbalmer, are you going to apologize to the OP now that FRF72 is officially from Google?

No, I never made any type of comment worth making an apology over. I just was trying to point out that just because we see an image on the internet of a different build number doesn't necessarily mean that everyone should start beating down the door in demand of it. I find it strange how many people posted new threads in an effort to find FRF72, and even stranger how many believed what I posted. Keep reading what I did say in those posts, I made it very clear

jameslegg

Feb 28, 2010
My stock apart from FRF72 was behaving oddly after I cycled in and out of airplane mode earlier, I had indicated 3g but no actual data connection. turning data on and off and turning 2g on and off didn't fix it so I rebooted and it has behaved since.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    md5sum ... someone ?

i haven't found a sum anywhere, does someone have one ? i'd rather not flash an -uh-oh- ;-)