[Q] Root without unlock or touch anything

Search This thread

anthraxx90

Aug 24, 2012
Hi, i need a way to get only root access, without unlock, with all stock and avaiable ota, there is a way to do this?
I did it with my tf300t with one-click-transformer-root, and i did same thing with my note 2 lte with framaroot and ota rootkeeper.
I need a way to not lose warranty, and have just root access.
Thank's in advice for answers!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hi, i need a way to get only root access, without unlock, with all stock and avaiable ota, there is a way to do this?
I did it with my tf300t with one-click-transformer-root, and i did same thing with my note 2 lte with framaroot and ota rootkeeper.

You have to unlock the bootloader to root. You can relock it afterwards if you want to

Edit, day 2 of 7 with the internet working

Last edited:

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia

You can't root without unlocking the bootloader. If you ever have to exchange it under warranty, you can reset the tamper flag and relock the bootloader, they'll be none the wiser.

Reactions: anthraxx90

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
This same question was asked today. Learn to use search.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anthraxx90

Aug 24, 2012
If you need to warranty it just flash the factory image and lock. Simple, easy

And if i brick it? My last bricked device was not recognized in anyway by any pc, no adb, no fastboot, just api, but can't fix it.

(and I have not broken it doing stupid things, just installed clockworkmod app from playstore and flash cwm for my device, what's result? after some day i read that cwm dev, put the wrong files in tf300t section, and the app flashed tf101 files)

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
i think stupid is who publish an application without notifying error that brick and make unusefull a device bought for 700€
regardless from the user experience.

Plz next answers , follow the question, not personal comment.

if you think modifying your device keeps you safe from bricking it, you need to stop rooting your phone and stick to stock.

people make mistakes and your blind following makes you look ignorant and uninformed.

anthraxx90

Aug 24, 2012
if you think modifying your device keeps you safe from bricking it, you need to stop rooting your phone and stick to stock.

people make mistakes and your blind following makes you look ignorant and uninformed.

really, I am in the modding since I bought the first galaxy young, and all the developers warn worthy of respect and do not take responsibility for damage to devices, if we do not take resposability we do not public on play google, on google play store a child may install and tap 2 buttons, that is how I publish a tread "Root your galaxy Note 2," and i put inside the kernel of Commodore64, before you speak of ignorance think of ignorance with which you answered without even knowing what we're talking.

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
really, I am in the modding since I bought the first galaxy young, and all the developers warn worthy of respect and do not take responsibility for damage to devices, if we do not take resposability we do not public on play google, on google play store a child may install and tap 2 buttons, that is how I publish a tread "Root your galaxy Note 2," and i put inside the kernel of Commodore64, before you speak of ignorance think of ignorance with which you answered without even knowing what we're talking.

I read your post twice and still can't figure out exactly what you're trying to say - you published a thread about rooting your note 2 (by installing and tapping 2 buttons on google play), and put the thread inside the kernel of commodore64? wut?

Your original question was "Can you root without unlocking bootloader" - the answer, as several folks posted (and was mentioned in earlier searchable threads as well) was "No"

Did that answer your question? Or do you have a follow up question? - Not trying to sound rude - just trying to understand if your question has been answered or not.

Last edited:

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
If you need to warranty it just flash the factory image and lock. Simple, easy

...but not before resetting the TAMPER FLAG.

And if i brick it? My last bricked device was not recognized in anyway by any pc, no adb, no fastboot, just api, but can't fix it.

(and I have not broken it doing stupid things, just installed clockworkmod app from playstore and flash cwm for my device, what's result? after some day i read that cwm dev, put the wrong files in tf300t section, and the app flashed tf101 files)

If you brick a device, it's on you. Why would they replace a device that was damaged by your tampering with it?

Reactions: anthraxx90

anthraxx90

Aug 24, 2012
...but not before resetting the TAMPER FLAG.

If you brick a device, it's on you. Why would they replace a device that was damaged by your tampering with it?

Perfect, this man understand what i want to know.

"the note 2 root and commodore, was an example, i was talking about rom manager with tf101 file instead of tf300 when i was installing cwm (for this i lost my tf300, cause hardbricked), and someone tell me that it's my error lol, for this i say:"now i publish an app on google play store that promise u to give root to your note 2 or any other smartphone, and instead of root it flash on your device the commodore64 kernel, and this make ur device broken forever"
My english is not good, but the sense is clear -.-

Close please, BirchBarlow give me all correct answer

Top Liked Posts