Need help with apps

Search This thread

SmokeDatHerb

Apr 4, 2014
Hi. This is my first post so hang in there. Lol. I'm looking for the apk of a couple apps that come with the stock Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII. Music Player and the Weather/Clock widget that comes on the home screen when you first get it. I'm running CyanogenMod 11 M7. I personally don't like Apollo.. and don't want a weather app from the Play Store. Please help me get these. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Here you go:

Standard disclaimer applies:
Anything you do to your phone, you do so willingly and at your own discretion. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

I am not sure what the difference is between the two weather widgets. But, the Accuweather widget is the widget you see on the homescreen out of the box. The music player is also the Samsung music player.

You'll need to copy to /system/app; then change permissions to -rw -r -r and reboot.

However, I cannot guarantee that these apps will work in a non-TW environment.

Good luck.

Attachments

• AccuweatherWidget.apk
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
  • AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
  • MusicPlayerWT.apk
    5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

SmokeDatHerb

Apr 4, 2014
Here you go:

Anything you do to your phone, you do so willingly and at your own discretion. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

I am not sure what the difference is between the two weather widgets. But, the Accuweather widget is the widget you see on the homescreen out of the box. The music player is also the Samsung music player.

You'll need to copy to /system/app; then change permissions to -rw -r -r and reboot.

Good luck.

Thank you so much! ?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

SmokeDatHerb

Apr 4, 2014
Here you go:

Good luck.

I did everything but didnt work.. And wont let me install either..

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7

The vast majority of touchwiz apps will only work on touchwiz (stock based) roms due to the code additions that samsung makes to the AOSP base that these apps rely on

tl;dr you can't use those apps on AOSP

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Ok... So thats why it didnt work?

Samsung Galaxy S3 CM11 M7

Yup

The music player heavily relies on the touchwiz framework...and they've made the widget so that it doesn't even show up on other launchers on touchwiz, much less work without the touchwiz framework

For a good weather widget, I'd suggest looking into beautiful widgets

For a good music player, check out Apollo

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Just to build on CNexus' thoughts: For weather, I also enjoy an app called EZ Weather. For music, I primarily use Poweramp, but I also like the Google Play Music app.

(I wasn't sure if the apks would run on AOSP. It was worth a shot. Sorry.)

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The vast majority of touchwiz apps will only work on touchwiz (stock based) roms due to the code additions that samsung makes to the AOSP base that these apps rely on

tl;dr you can't use those apps on AOSP
    Ok... So thats why it didnt work?

Samsung Galaxy S3 CM11 M7

Yup

The music player heavily relies on the touchwiz framework...and they've made the widget so that it doesn't even show up on other launchers on touchwiz, much less work without the touchwiz framework

For a good weather widget, I'd suggest looking into beautiful widgets

For a good music player, check out Apollo
    Here you go:

Good luck.

Thank you so much! ?

Just to build on CNexus' thoughts: For weather, I also enjoy an app called EZ Weather. For music, I primarily use Poweramp, but I also like the Google Play Music app.

(I wasn't sure if the apks would run on AOSP. It was worth a shot. Sorry.)