[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2VZW] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

Casper34

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/13/13)

Dude read back through all the post in this forum were plenty of people asking the same question your asking now and they were answered just go back to page 4 or so and go forward from there...

We all were new at one point. I am sure there are things that he knows about on different forums that you dont know about. Ya he can read back all the pages, but some are you telling him to read ad dissing him. You could have just been nice and answered his questions and been done.

Sent from my PACmaned SCH-I535

TNPaparazzi

Feb 21, 2009
Norwich, CT
Love this ROM! Just one thing, I've skimmed though a bit of this thread and didn't see anything about it so just throwing that out there before I get flamed for possibly asking a FAQ lol but has anyone had a problem with everything thinking it's being long pressed over time? What I mean is after some time (It varies, could be an hour, could be two days) every icon I touch acts like i hold my finger down on it to get secondary menus to come up. Doesn't matter what launcher I'm using, they've all done it (Nova, TSF, SPB Shell, LauncherPro, ADW etc).. Only workaround is just a restart but it starts to get annoying after awhile. I was thinking a ram or system resource issue but these ROMS use far less resources than TouchWiz ROMS and they don't seem to do it. I'm stumped. I've flashed tons of ROMS but this is the first non TouchWiz ROM I've flashed on a Samsung phone. I wasn't sure if it had to do with a common issue on non TouchWiz ROMS or not. I'm normally an HTC guy, Samsung is a bit of a different beast for me even though obviously a lot is the same

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, my settings do not look like that at all. They look like this:

Didn't grab your whole post for some reason in the quote. But I don't have those extra setting to control what you showed in that screenshot. Was it a previous version maybe?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-15-21-25-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-15-21-25-09.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I find the status bar pulldown to be wonky at times as well. Sometimes it will jump straight to the toggles and sometimes it will show the notification screen. It is caused by a conflict with merging the statusbar code of all three ROMs. I will see if a fix can be made so that it will show the notification screen on every pulldown.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, thank you for the response. I had to dig through the pages to find it after work ;) It's certainly not a dealbreaker for me, just different behavior. I do appreciate it.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/13/13)

Love this ROM! Just one thing, I've skimmed though a bit of this thread and didn't see anything about it so just throwing that out there before I get flamed for possibly asking a FAQ lol but has anyone had a problem with everything thinking it's being long pressed over time? What I mean is after some time (It varies, could be an hour, could be two days) every icon I touch acts like i hold my finger down on it to get secondary menus to come up. Doesn't matter what launcher I'm using, they've all done it (Nova, TSF, SPB Shell, LauncherPro, ADW etc).. Only workaround is just a restart but it starts to get annoying after awhile. I was thinking a ram or system resource issue but these ROMS use far less resources than TouchWiz ROMS and they don't seem to do it. I'm stumped. I've flashed tons of ROMS but this is the first non TouchWiz ROM I've flashed on a Samsung phone. I wasn't sure if it had to do with a common issue on non TouchWiz ROMS or not. I'm normally an HTC guy, Samsung is a bit of a different beast for me even though obviously a lot is the same

The latest build has this patched up. So if you are on the latest update, this shouldn't be an issue to worry about.

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles

Is there a reason why I can't access goo im while on wifi but I can with 4G?

Also I did a clean/full wipe and I can't find the dialer anywhere, if I use a root explorer I can see it in the system apps but I can't see it in my app drawer. I can make calls through the contacts application though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

Casper34

Is there a reason why I can't access goo im while on wifi but I can with 4G?

Also I did a clean/full wipe and I can't find the dialer anywhere, if I use a root explorer I can see it in the system apps but I can't see it in my app drawer. I can make calls through the contacts application though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

when you are on wifi, are you at home or at work? some workplaces block websites out. if your at home, i have no idea.

nemofbaby2010

Aug 15, 2011
Detroit, Michigan

U have to change your DNS for it to work. Why? I have no idea i downloaded a app called DNS changer and changed it to open DNS 1 & 2. You have at&t internet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Last edited:

xSyKo

Jul 27, 2012

Having a problem with hybrid properties... I switches to tablet ui for a little while now i cant go back to phablet or stock without getting systemui stopping constantly... any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jerrt010

Nov 7, 2010
Any update as to if the MHL/ Hdmi work on this rom? I searched and there was discussion about it being broken on certain other builds and would really like to find a rom that supports this option.

This rom looks like it might be my first custom to get loaded on my S III Keep up the great work!

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Having a problem with hybrid properties... I switches to tablet ui for a little while now i cant go back to phablet or stock without getting systemui stopping constantly... any suggestions?

Users have been reporting that this is because of the new SuperUser having troubles getting root. Try flashing the SuperSU package here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

Reactions: xSyKo

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
OpenPDroid Poll

OpenPDroid integration takes more time to do, so I'm wondering whether you guys want it in future versions of PAC-Man or not. Please vote in the poll if you use this ROM so I can see if people actually make use of that feature or I can remove it. Thanks. :)

Reactions: LeDocteur

Kreeker

Apr 20, 2011
NY
Just switched over from using TW rom since release, and I'm already in love with this rom!!!

Quick question: I notice this rom seems to have a superuser app built-in. Is there any harm in using another superuser app, such as SuperSU?

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles

when you are on wifi, are you at home or at work? some workplaces block websites out. if your at home, i have no idea.

Yeah it's in my house, but this just happened because I was able to access goo.im before. For some reason i can't anymore.

U have to change your DNS for it to work. Why? I have no idea i downloaded a app called DNS changer and changed it to open DNS 1 & 2. You have at&t internet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Yeah i have at&t

Sent from my phone

jonnyboiii

Sep 19, 2012

I just downloaded the latest version of this to make use of pdroid lol.

Coming from 20.1.0 do i need to do a full wipe or just the caches?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OpenPDroid integration takes more time to do, so I'm wondering whether you guys want it in future versions of PAC-Man or not. Please vote in the poll if you use this ROM so I can see if people actually make use of that feature or I can remove it. Thanks. :)

I've used a ROM that had it, I found it caused more problems than it was worth. The PDroid Manager kept crashing, so I couldn't get in to change settings and it did set things by default, namely cell tower locations. So I left that ROM and went with this. I have not tried the PDroid in this one yet, and it it entirely up to you whether to put in it, but I really would like to not see it in there. If it does, no big deal either, I just may have to try another ROM without it. Thanks for checking!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Users have been reporting that this is because of the new SuperUser having troubles getting root. Try flashing the SuperSU package here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

I noticed there are now two Super Users apps, the SuperSU and also Superuser in the Setting area. They appear to both work. The SuperSU appears to take precedence only if it marked to allow updated apps to still run. If not, then the system one takes over.

Do we need both installed? Is there a proper way to remove to only have a single Superuser?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Just the caches. Also make sure that you flash SuperSU for 21.0.0 because the default SuperUser has some issues with root permissions.

Could someone just update from the market? It appears this link is 1.25 which is the same as my updated market one. Does this need to be installed with the system one too? (ties to my previous question)

Thanks again for the great ROM!!!

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

Still having problems even after fully unrooting then flashing the zip

Have you tried a full wipe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2VZW] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Verizon, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SCH-I535 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    FYI we are actively updating to 4.4. Do not ask for eta...this will take time to sort out but will be worth it

XDA Moderator
    FYI pac-4.4 branch has been merged into pac github and gerrit. No alpha or nightlies yet but very soon. Feel free to poke around and if daring enough build for yourself. For those who wish to wait...please no eta as we are working as fast as we can. This is a full aosp base with commits brought I'm from all over with our own stuff added as well. Not all featured are added yet but will be over the next few weeks

XDA Moderator
    There will be an rc soon. Within next day or two then nightlies again if needed. We are staying inline with cm. There were a ton of commits push last night that fixed a lot of stuff and brought in more stability. Still a few more things left to do but they will get done.

Sorry I've been out of town all weekend at a beach resort and got engaged

XDA Moderator