Samsung S5 lol

Search This thread

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
the bloat on the s5 is just horrible. I remember the s4 having like 8.8 gb of free space and now from the looks of the screenshots the s5 has 1 gb less of free space... 7.8 gb anyone?? I know it shouldn't matter as much because of the SD storage but still... it's costing you money and Sammy is ripping you off. I know the s4 16gb model launched for $250 w/ contract.. add another $10-40 for 16 to 32gb sdcard.

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
This is Xda. Once that phone is released the HTC logo will become whatever we want it to be. Come on folks. Your screen won't look stock a week after you have the phone. I've got a n5 now and left Sprint for T-Mobile. Wow what an improvement for me. But I'll have the one. I just need a couple reviews and s- off. I wasn't too see what that camera does. HTC stays ahead of the game. They innovate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

arpith.fbi

May 1, 2011
Bangalore
S5 is not the ugliest phone...but definitely not an upgrade from s4..many ppl had high hopes with s5...anyways I was never a samsung fan..will never be..unless they innovate something..
HTC M8 looks lil fat version of M7 from front to me..

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
With the first Project Ara conference in April, the I/O in June, and the new Moto X coming late summer, I'm content with waiting to see what the competitors will be offering

gmelchert

Nov 14, 2009
Oakland
Not exact comparison but you get the idea. Samsung's hardware button doesn't have the same impact as HTC's bezel-software combo. It almost looks like the M8 has a bigger bezel than the One but can't tell for sure. Rumor is the M8will have a 0.3-0.4 screen increase over the One, and judging by the illustration that isn't enough to overcome the real estate being used by the software keys. No idea how newcomers will feel but I know if I bought the M8 in this form, every time I look at the screen it will remind me of the extra room I had on my One. I mean, what did HTC do with the extra room inside? Did the extra lens up top mean they had to move things around toward the bottom? I would love to hear HTC's excuse for this, it really irritates me.

Quite possible that bezel has functionality. Fingerprint reader? Gestures? And with 3rd party development I'm sure buttons could be mapped to the allegedly "wasted real estate"

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been gone for a while.... But I have to say that S5 isn't very appealing to me. Really have high hopes for the M8.
    There used to be a guy around here, I think in the EVO 3d days, that always said he didn't care if the phone was pink and had pictures of dicks all over it cause he would always put a case on it. Rank just reminded me of that guy lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    the bloat on the s5 is just horrible. I remember the s4 having like 8.8 gb of free space and now from the looks of the screenshots the s5 has 1 gb less of free space... 7.8 gb anyone?? I know it shouldn't matter as much because of the SD storage but still... it's costing you money and Sammy is ripping you off. I know the s4 16gb model launched for $250 w/ contract.. add another $10-40 for 16 to 32gb sdcard.
    The S5 is the ugliest phone I've ever seen. I really thought they would make sth nice this year...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Man, I may have to come back to HTC... I don't care if the phone has actual pieces of **** stuck on the bezel that phone is hotness... All I need to see is the signal not drop to **** when holding the phone in my left hand and I also need 4G not to drop to 3G as soon as I touch the phone.. If those things are fixed I'll be back where I belong. Miss some of you guys!

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app