[app] iAgenda 0.495 (Update May 26, 2010) Finger-friendly Calendar and Tasks

Search This thread

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Hello!

I made a v0.4 Hungarian language file, you can use it!

hi. gidano
Thanks!

WM6.5 works perfectly in my case.

Great application except that it takes 5-10 seconds to load all my appointments and eats about 4.5 Mb of ram

I submit that the wait could be because I use a special cooked 6.5 (Cotulla's Magician rom) and I am having too many appointments (like 50 appointments in 2 weeks).
That is a lot of appointments, but if you set the period filter to 2 weeks, it should be able to deal with it. I assume those 50 are not all recurring? Do you have the same issue with other calendar programs? For me, it only uses about 1.2 MB, which is good, because I have an old phone, with small memory.

Lemurek80

Dec 28, 2008
Holýšov
I tried you file, but changed the extension to .lng, and it works for me. I'll put it up on the web page, and maybe someone else can try it.

Hi ajige,

THX for this czech *.LNG file works fine,problem with coding (muss be ANSI,i try UTF-8 and this file make a Problem)

Why can we translate only this few string from *.LNG file?
It´s any way to translate string from "SETTING" ?(Category Filter,Include Undated Task,Sort Task,Show Text,etc...)
THX for answer Lemurek80

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
It seems it loads appointments and tasks each time when switching between the tabs.
Yes, this is to make sure it's an updated list

Why can we translate only this few string from *.LNG file?
It´s any way to translate string from "SETTING" ?(Category Filter,Include Undated Task,Sort Task,Show Text,etc...)
THX for answer Lemurek80
Do you mean that you want the strings from the Settings program translated?
If so, I'll look into that.

In the meantime I'm having a really hard time with the drawing part of the edit screen.:(

kwdubu

Feb 17, 2007
suggestion

how about tic marks in the popup calendar grid identifying days with appointments already scheduled?

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai
it will be great if there can be a Tab of this application on Sense 2.5..
so that we dont have to dig deep and get the tasks with a slide!

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
it will be great if there can be a Tab of this application on Sense 2.5..
so that we dont have to dig deep and get the tasks with a slide!

I don't have Sense, so I'm not sure how to do that. But isn't it possible to add a link to the program on one of the tabs?

Also I'm working on the edit screen, and will try to release something next week where some of the items can be edited.

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Abandonded (temporarily?)

The screen on my winmo phone broke about 2 weeks ago, and since then also one of the buttons on the front came off. I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with Windows Mobile considering their lack of support for older versions in Windows 7 phone, so I got an Android phone, a used G1. I'm not sure I'll continue to develop for Winmo.
So far I'm very impressed with what I see from the G1, but of course there are some apps missing, so my first priority will probably be to get some of my Winmo programs ported to Android.
I'll post the last version of iAgenda I had, with part of the edit screen working (only a small part, sorry:().

Livven

Aug 23, 2009
Wiesbaden
livven.me
I'm sorry your phone broke, and that you'll cancel development. I really like this app, it's so fast and useful... maybe you can resume development later ;).

themonkbythesea

Mar 25, 2006
San Francisco, CA
HD2 problems

Great apps. iContact is my number one contact app and iAgenda is proving just as useful. Your alphabet/grid tab in iContact is simply igenious! Ironically, it is the calender/grid tab in iAgenda is what gives me problems. The current date and dates with appointements is highlighted when i first istall iAgenda but then disappears to where no dates are highlighted. Installed iAgenda on (2) HD2's with stick roms and this occured. Highlighted dates on the calendar tab simply disappears.

Also, when I try to edit an appointement or tasks in the "edit window" everything is a little off skew. This maybe why I cannot set reminders. I push reminders, but nothing happens.

I read somehwere in these forums iAgenda is supported on all resolutions, but am I wrong? Is WVGA not supported? I assume all these problems i am having is due to resolution. Anyone using HD2 having thee problems?

At any rate still use it daily because agenda tab allows me to view appointments and tasks in one shot, which is priceless to me.

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Great apps. iContact is my number one contact app and iAgenda is proving just as useful. Your alphabet/grid tab in iContact is simply igenious! Ironically, it is the calender/grid tab in iAgenda is what gives me problems. The current date and dates with appointements is highlighted when i first istall iAgenda but then disappears to where no dates are highlighted. Installed iAgenda on (2) HD2's with stick roms and this occured. Highlighted dates on the calendar tab simply disappears.
Yes, I have no idea why this happens. It was the same on my phone, and I tried changing the code without any luck.

Also, when I try to edit an appointement or tasks in the "edit window" everything is a little off skew. This maybe why I cannot set reminders. I push reminders, but nothing happens.
As mentioned in the first post, the edit screen is not complete. You might be better off using version 0.49 instead of 0.495, as that will take you to the regular item edit screen. Version 0.495 has support for some edit functions, but not all.

I read somehwere in these forums iAgenda is supported on all resolutions, but am I wrong? Is WVGA not supported? I assume all these problems i am having is due to resolution. Anyone using HD2 having thee problems?
No your problems should not be related to resolution.
At any rate still use it daily because agenda tab allows me to view appointments and tasks in one shot, which is priceless to me.
Yes, I know, that's why I was working on that project. But as mentioned in my first post, my phone broke, and I decided to go with an Android phone. I've started developing for that platform, and I must say it's getting less and less likely that I will go back to developing for Windows mobile, including finishing iAgenda. However, iAgenda is open source, so maybe someone else will continue.

Sorry.

themonkbythesea

Mar 25, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Yes, I have no idea why this happens. It was the same on my phone, and I tried changing the code without any luck.

As mentioned in the first post, the edit screen is not complete. You might be better off using version 0.49 instead of 0.495, as that will take you to the regular item edit screen. Version 0.495 has support for some edit functions, but not all.

No your problems should not be related to resolution.

Yes, I know, that's why I was working on that project. But as mentioned in my first post, my phone broke, and I decided to go with an Android phone. I've started developing for that platform, and I must say it's getting less and less likely that I will go back to developing for Windows mobile, including finishing iAgenda. However, iAgenda is open source, so maybe someone else will continue.

Sorry.

Dammnmmmmiiiittttttt!!!!!!......Just joking. No, i just got HD2, but now statring to regret, kind of. Love Hd2, and devs on XDA make it great. However, with EVO 4g out and all the crap for Android, think i might just do it. Damn, i just bougth my HD2 and spent 2 weeks modding it by reading a billion posts. and now, iAgenda on Android. Its just too much. lol

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
......and now, iAgenda on Android. Its just too much. lol
Just to clarify: there is no iAgenda for Android. :(

Actually, that's probably the only thing I'm not happy about. Google tasks are very weak, and I haven't found anything that syncs with my version of Outlook. There are plenty of todo programs, but they mostly require some signup toyet aqnother web service (like remember the milk) for syncing. I prefer not to do that, and am still looking for a solution, including writing my own.

As for you, themonkbythesea, is there no port of Android for your phone, so you can try it out?

themonkbythesea

Mar 25, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Just to clarify: there is no iAgenda for Android. :(

Actually, that's probably the only thing I'm not happy about. Google tasks are very weak, and I haven't found anything that syncs with my version of Outlook. There are plenty of todo programs, but they mostly require some signup toyet aqnother web service (like remember the milk) for syncing. I prefer not to do that, and am still looking for a solution, including writing my own.

As for you, themonkbythesea, is there no port of Android for your phone, so you can try it out?
No port yet for HD2, but its a pretty active project with weekly updates/improvements.

I obviously misunderstood you porting/making iAgenda for Android. In fact, if I thought about before I blurted, no Outlook support on other mobile OS has always been the biggest upset for me. Why any company chooses not to implement syncing with MS Outlook is just baffling to me. The most widely used PIM system in the world, and everyone feels it unaccesory to add sync capability. And if you can get syncing via cloud services (Google sync, Toodledo, etc.)it almost always never includes syncing of all together (tasks, contacts, email, calendar). Instead you usually have to use many differnet apps and sevices. For some reason I just assumed an intelligent OS like Android would have resolved that issue, but after some reading this week, I find it is still true. I like Android, some really nice google apps there, but Outlook syncing to mobile is too invaluable to my GTD system for me to give up. If you do create an iAgenda app for Android or Froyo, I think you could really make some money there, if that were ever your intention or consideration or at the least have some very grateful people. I know over in iPhone world, users pay and use mutiple apps and cloud services to achieve this. Also, many who iPhone dont go that route due to poor or expensive Outlook integration. YOu might also consider doing a Onenote app for Android, like MobileNoter did for iPhone, and I think you would have a cult of MS Outlook and Onenote users who would like to use Android phones instead.

Anyways, again, great app, i'll look for a donate link on here somewhere, and good luck to your Android development.

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Anyways, again, great app, i'll look for a donate link on here somewhere, and good luck to your Android development.
Thanks for the kind words :), but considering this is based on iContact and iAgenda was started by Allelimo, I think that if you want to donate, there is a donate button on the iContact's author's web page, http://supware.net/iContact/.

As for suggestions for note programs for Android, there are a lot of them on the market. As for my own plans, my first goals are to port my recipe/shopping program (never published) and figure out what to do with a todo list.