MIUI Q&A

Search This thread

chemisam

Nov 22, 2010
MIUI beta 8 for captivate---plz help urgently

miui beta 8 can not find any sim card in my captivate. trying to flash back to 2.2 but cant get CWM or download mode to work. Tried all 3 button tricks. Did not work. Please help urgently

dayloooo

Sep 21, 2010
Mississauga
miui beta 8 can not find any sim card in my captivate. trying to flash back to 2.2 but cant get CWM or download mode to work. Tried all 3 button tricks. Did not work. Please help urgently

Wow , that's wierd . I flashed beta 8 with no problems .

Ummm ... assuming you've done ALL possible 3 button tricks , did you try going into airplane mode ?

You've probably already done this , but just making sure , did you try rebooting the phone ?

Just curious , what were your steps to flash MIUI ? And how do you normally go to download mode ?

chemisam

Nov 22, 2010
actually i followed the exact same procedure in the miui forum and also I was in 2.2 based roms. download mode worked when I was flashing miui rom. But does not work anymore

chemisam

Nov 22, 2010
BTW I go to download mode by holding the up and down vol button together and then plugging in the USB cable to the phone

supaphreek

Dec 27, 2010
Toronto
erm, your supposed to have a cm7 kernel or a variant of it....

your sposed to flash the speedmod kernel
then flash the efsbackup file
then flash the cm7 kernel
then flash miui...

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Real long shot here

If you have wifi, dl sgs kernel flasher from market. Actually dl a compatible cm7 kernel. Use kernel flasher to try to flash kernel. Probably won't work cause sounds like you can't see your sd. Also did you flash the efs backup as stated in the instructions?

MIUI

Last edited:

dayloooo

Sep 21, 2010
Mississauga
actually i followed the exact same procedure in the miui forum and also I was in 2.2 based roms. download mode worked when I was flashing miui rom. But does not work anymore

karnel is speedmod-kernel-k13c-500hz

version: 2.6.35.7-g99995d1

That means you didn't follow instructions properly . Try using the kernel flasher . And flashing one of the "[KERNEL][CM7] ...." kernels . MIUI is based off of the nexus S , and CM7 uses a captivate version kernel from Nexus S .

If all else fails , DL jig .

rannic95

Apr 12, 2010
Montgomery
Help

I followed all the steps and flashed MiuiCapPre1 and got it to work. I rebooted the device and I am now stuck in a endless reboot. All I see is Galaxy S Cyanogen mod screen and occasionally a At&t screen. I also can't seem to enter Download Mode I get the screen that looks like its about to display the battery.

Any suggestions how on how to fix this?

donks232

Apr 24, 2009
if this is answered im sorry, but i cant figure out out to get my contacts from my sim to show up or import them

a2znk

Jan 4, 2011
No Incoming Text Messages

hello I flashed the latest miui version (rc2) and I am not receiving text messages. I can send them out but I just cant receive any. Anyone have any advice? everything else seems to be working correctly. Appreciate any help! Btw, this is my first time flashing the miui on the captivate.

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
So I flashed RC2 and it came up as I9000 device. I flashed TheEscapists 4.2 kernel and it changed to his kernel but kept the device as I9000? I have not had time to keep up with the thread like I normally do so is this an issue that is known or just a single occurrence?

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
Wow lol didn't even know we had one of these, if you have questions then you should read the FAQ section in the third post of the MIUI thread otherwise you might as well post your question on the thread rather than here as it will be answered a lot faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I recently installed miui superbean (miui 2.9.21) using cwm recovery. After a few days, I miss some features of other JB roms :). However, when I try installing any other rom, I get an error (cannot run /tmp/updater.sh). I am not even able to restore a nandroid backup as I recieve another error (cannot format /data). The only rom I can successfully install is Superbean. Does anyone have a solution?

When I get this error I flash back to stock then Odin corn kernal then flash away.

Sent from my I897 using xda premium
    Q&A for the MIUI rom
    why can i download any apss on the market ???:confused:
    go to the app downloads and push the menu button and select download using mobile network.

My understanding is that for the external to work, you need to flash from a 2.2 rom.

But before you do that try these:
    - Pull out the external card and put it back in without turning off the phone.
    - Mount it in recovery.

If those don't work, you may have to flash back to stock, flash a 2.2 rom, then repeat the flashing process.
    In recovery, try wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, reboot.
    If it won't reboot, go back into recovery and reinstall the rom u r on...or a different one if u want. U may loose all ur unsaved apps and data if u didn't have them backed up before this though. But u may not have a choice in the matter. If u don't have a Rom on ur internal sdcard as of right now, then u should be able to mount usb from the recovery and connect to ur pc and copy a rom over, etc.
    If all else fails...download mode...flash stock kk4 through odin or heimdall...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium