[SCRIPT/KITCHEN]How to compile any AOSP derivative for the Amaze 4G

Search This thread
S

sportsstar89

How'd it work for you?

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda premium

S

sportsstar89

It crapped out. I kept getting errors about the directory not existing. I'll have to try it again and copy the error message. Oh, nevermind, the updated script helped me figure it out. Downloading AOKP JB source now.

Yea in order for it to work you need to dl the source via the script

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda premium

josegalre

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
Hi good afternoon, I followed your ruby Compilation Guide, but this happens.

Enter option: 1
including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh
including device/htc/ruby/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/crespo/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/maguro/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/quincyatt/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/toroplus/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/vibrantmtd/vendorsetup.sh
including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor/aokp/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
build/core/product_config.mk:195: *** device/ruby/device_ruby.mk: PRODUCT_NAME must be unique; "generic_no_telephony"
already used by device/htc/ruby/device_ruby.mk device/ruby/device_ruby.mk . Alto.
cp: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre «/home/josegalre/AOKP/out/target/product/ruby/*.zip»: No existe el archivo o el directorio

Could help me fix this?

In advance thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you so much for this write up.

After the repo sync -j4 command my computer has been running the sync for about 5 hours.

My question is, for future updates I'd need to run this command again, correct? Next time I run it, it shouldn't take nearly as long, right? Just thought I'd ask.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

No it won't take as long because it will only get the new files and get rid of the new ones. (Usually takes about 30 seconds for me on 50mbps internet)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    I thought I did something wrong too. So I deleted my "bin" and "android" folders and started from scratch and now it wont compile. I keep getting error 1, or error 2. Ill update with an exact error when i get a chance.

If you deleted bin, you'll have to add repo back in and make it executable. Glad you got it working. I love compiling android.