MTK FirmwareAdapter Tool

Search This thread

wnocella

Sep 17, 2013
Teramo
Hello

I installed MTK FirmwareAdapter Tool http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2739764

My actual rom is this (4.2.2) : https://drive.google....it/?usp=sharing

I used the tool to porting this ROM for my phone : http://www.needrom.com/download/lg-g3/

The tool created new ROM without errors but I don't know it's will works.

What checks should I make before you try the ROM?

My Phone Details:

Hardware : MT6589
Model : Q880
Build number : BubSystem
Build date UTC : 20130516-124946
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P1, 2013/02/27 15:00
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (linux-server-build1@linux-server-build1-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Mon May 13 14:55:29 CST 2013
Uboot build v : ----- deve essere root shell
LCD Driver IC : 1-nt35590_hd720_dsi_vdo_truly

Stefano

anil_go

Jun 23, 2013
Gwalior
you can port any rom which have similar hardware (same chipset, same screen resolution), find a device which is simliar to yours and which have custom roms.
The second thing is that u can port only same version roms like 4.2 on ur device,(i think so), u cannot port kitkat or lolipop if ur device hav 4.2 jellybean,because they need different kernal,
for using mtk tool watch out the video tutorials , youtube .

wnocella

Sep 17, 2013
Teramo
you can port any rom which have similar hardware (same chipset, same screen resolution), find a device which is simliar to yours and which have custom roms.
The second thing is that u can port only same version roms like 4.2 on ur device,(i think so), u cannot port kitkat or lolipop if ur device hav 4.2 jellybean,because they need different kernal,
for using mtk tool watch out the video tutorials , youtube .

http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/03/10/finally-android-4-4-kitkat-is-available-for-mediatek-mt6589-chipset/

back37

Jul 17, 2012
Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
Can we get support for mt6592?

Sent from my QMobile X900 using XDA Free mobile app

It can support any MTK platform, doesn't matter, what project is choosed. All that you need it's only write all files what you need to run port, all projects it's only samples, if you don't know what files needed for you just ask a question in any thread about MTK porting...
This programm works very simple:
by the file list (project) it pick files from your rom and replace files by them in rom to port, after with universal script make repack of boot.img, and pack all to zip.

All external scripts, like boot repacker, zip signer, easy can be changed by notepad if you need. Also programm has Github thread and you can change anything how you want, just clone repo or download and unpack zip, and run project by MS Visual Studio 2013

Last edited:
Reactions: malick186

back37

Jul 17, 2012
Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
Can it port from mt6592 to mt6589 chipset??
Or
Should I need to manually perform some operations??

In theory - yes, you can, but you need to make very-very big project, with many lib and some apk, also you will be need to make some changes in ramdisk of boot.img manually (may be change algorithm of boot repack, or make some changes in script, to automate this)... before you don't make this port by hands, program doesn't help for you... but when you will know all files, you can make project to make ports fast, and if you upload this project then some newbies will be able to makes this ports with your project

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
Hi all! And now... my program on XDA ;)

This program is designed for porting MTK ROMs, for other MTK devices...
It contain several of example projects, that you can use, to make your project for your device... examle projects is designed only for single platform porting (MT6575 to MT6575, MT6577 to MT6577, e.t.c.), but you can create project to port ROM from MT6589 to MT6577 If you can find out what files are needed for this... it depends only on you...

System requirements:
Additional
PC: .NET framework 4.0 and above, JDK
Phone: root access, adb root
Short instruction to use:
1. Run program
2. Change lang, if you need
3. Choose project and edit it for your device
4. Get your files from zip ROM, ft ROM, folders or phone
5. Get files from ROM to port
6. Edit updater-script, build.prop, repack boot.img if you need
7. Build ROM and flash it
8. If don't work - goto step 2, or replace some files manualy
Screenshots:
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php

file.php
file.php
file.php
Video guide:
Older versions and changelogs you can find here: http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24506
Latest version: http://d-h.st/04WM
Sources: http://yadi.sk/d/SLzFHpcfNgYfo
GitHub thread: https://github.com/back37/MTK-FirmwareAdapter-Tool

To get a quick answer to your question - send them via email...

P.S. Why it open source for now?:
1. Now i don't have any MTK device and waiting for release MT6595...
2. I want to add making flashtool images without device, but i don't know how to do it... (looks like with linux you can create ext4 image... image size pick up from scatter, perms from updater-scripd, or just RW-R--R--)

does it support MT6572 to MT6572?

Ayoproxy

Aug 1, 2013
Help me error on windows 8 64bit

I get error whenever i click build rom telling me my roms are not included.
i add a screen shot too..
Hoping to read from you asap.

Attachments

• MTK.JPG
    MTK.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 217

back37

Jul 17, 2012
Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
Sorry for the long wait for an answer, but I'm very busy...

Ayoproxy,
I use this program with many PCs, but don't get this error... i know with windows 8 boot repack works incorrect, but this... only i can say - try to make new project with short name (or save with short name and import it), if you use adb - don't use this, with some ROMs it can't take acces to files, if you use unpacking ft - just unpack your image by hands with ...ProgramFolder/Bin/Ext4unpacker.exe and add your files by folder (don't copy, only choose with program, or delete all unused files by hands)... To get rid of most of the problems use Windows 7 at least with Virtual Machine...

Tommes24,
If you have your KitKat - yes, id don't - read past pages...

medved_100500,
Не-не-не... :) С линуксом у меня сложились плохие отношения и использую я его только когда это очень нужно или другого выхода нет. Конечно, там не будет таких проблем, как с Windows в плане проблем с разборкой boot.img, получил root и достаточно, но это нужно настраивать QT и привыкать к работе с ним, переделывать некоторые функции под синаксис линукса... да же если бы и было желание, времени у меня на это сейчас нет, не учитывая ещё того, что устройства на котором можно было бы проверить работоспособноть всех функций у меня нет... мало ли, программа может отработать без ошибок, но что то пошло не так, к примеру boot.img никогда не собирается корректно и соответственно ни у кого работать это не будет... Если хочется, можешь сделать порт самостоятельно, разобраться с моим кодом помогу, когда будет свободное время, остальное же гуглится на раз-два

Ab20000

Jul 23, 2012
Sorry for the long wait for an answer, but I'm very busy...

Ayoproxy,
I use this program with many PCs, but don't get this error... i know with windows 8 boot repack works incorrect, but this... only i can say - try to make new project with short name (or save with short name and import it), if you use adb - don't use this, with some ROMs it can't take acces to files, if you use unpacking ft - just unpack your image by hands with ...ProgramFolder/Bin/Ext4unpacker.exe and add your files by folder (don't copy, only choose with program, or delete all unused files by hands)... To get rid of most of the problems use Windows 7 at least with Virtual Machine...

Tommes24,
If you have your KitKat - yes, id don't - read past pages...

medved_100500,
Не-не-не... :) С линуксом у меня сложились плохие отношения и использую я его только когда это очень нужно или другого выхода нет. Конечно, там не будет таких проблем, как с Windows в плане проблем с разборкой boot.img, получил root и достаточно, но это нужно настраивать QT и привыкать к работе с ним, переделывать некоторые функции под синаксис линукса... да же если бы и было желание, времени у меня на это сейчас нет, не учитывая ещё того, что устройства на котором можно было бы проверить работоспособноть всех функций у меня нет... мало ли, программа может отработать без ошибок, но что то пошло не так, к примеру boot.img никогда не собирается корректно и соответственно ни у кого работать это не будет... Если хочется, можешь сделать порт самостоятельно, разобраться с моим кодом помогу, когда будет свободное время, остальное же гуглится на раз-два
can you make updated version of this tool which supports newer chipset?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! And now... my program on XDA ;)

This program is designed for porting MTK ROMs, for other MTK devices...
    It contain several of example projects, that you can use, to make your project for your device... examle projects is designed only for single platform porting (MT6575 to MT6575, MT6577 to MT6577, e.t.c.), but you can create project to port ROM from MT6589 to MT6577 If you can find out what files are needed for this... it depends only on you...

System requirements:
    Additional
    PC: .NET framework 4.0 and above, JDK
    Phone: root access, adb root
    Short instruction to use:
    1. Run program
    2. Change lang, if you need
    3. Choose project and edit it for your device
    4. Get your files from zip ROM, ft ROM, folders or phone
    5. Get files from ROM to port
    6. Edit updater-script, build.prop, repack boot.img if you need
    7. Build ROM and flash it
    8. If don't work - goto step 2, or replace some files manualy
    Screenshots:
    file.php
    file.php
    file.php
    file.php

file.php
    file.php
    file.php
    Video guide:
    Older versions and changelogs you can find here: http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24506
    Latest version: http://d-h.st/04WM
    Sources: http://yadi.sk/d/SLzFHpcfNgYfo
    GitHub thread: https://github.com/back37/MTK-FirmwareAdapter-Tool

To get a quick answer to your question - send them via email...

P.S. Why it open source for now?:
    1. Now i don't have any MTK device and waiting for release MT6595...
    2. I want to add making flashtool images without device, but i don't know how to do it... (looks like with linux you can create ext4 image... image size pick up from scatter, perms from updater-scripd, or just RW-R--R--)

Program updated!

New:
    - Sound notification
    - Czech lang
    - Message show time
    Fixed:
    - Text coding, now program using unicode, it must be compatible with most of languages
    Bro I have tried to use this tool but can't port anything coz of some errors . will try again with the help of video tutorial.
    BTW glad to see ur thread on English forum (XDA).
    Thanks

Sent from my MIUI using Tapatalk

Maybe it was because you used the old version... many of bugs was fixed in latest version, while i tried to make guide...:) Or you needed in some others files to run ported ROM...
    The easiest way to check why you take this errors is try to make ported ROM manualy, by using any instruction and files from some project...

This program usefull only if you knows, that needed for you device to run ported ROM and completely useless if no... :cool:
    Can it port from mt6592 to mt6589 chipset??
    Or
    Should I need to manually perform some operations??

In theory - yes, you can, but you need to make very-very big project, with many lib and some apk, also you will be need to make some changes in ramdisk of boot.img manually (may be change algorithm of boot repack, or make some changes in script, to automate this)... before you don't make this port by hands, program doesn't help for you... but when you will know all files, you can make project to make ports fast, and if you upload this project then some newbies will be able to makes this ports with your project
    Update

New version was released... it have some bugfixes with getting files from system.img and from folders...