Honeycomb Leak install

Search This thread

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
RUU is Rom Update Utility. It's a complete system wipe flash to stock update used when a update patch is not possible. It's keyed to a particular model and checks to make sure before it installs. Some models have never received a full update (US wifi for example) so no RUU ( in public ) exist for them. HTC does have a universal RUU that they use if you return a bricked unit, but we don't have a copy of that.

lpasq

Feb 14, 2006
RUU is Rom Update Utility. It's a complete system wipe flash to stock update used when a update patch is not possible. It's keyed to a particular model and checks to make sure before it installs. Some models have never received a full update (US wifi for example) so no RUU ( in public ) exist for them. HTC does have a universal RUU that they use if you return a bricked unit, but we don't have a copy of that.
Is a RUU package only created/available/released by OEM or can one be created by some extract and compile method? Thanks for sharing information :)

M@|ice

Dec 20, 2010
Noblesville, Indiana
With S-OFF in theory anyone can create an RUU, with S-ON only the OEM (HTC) can do it because they have the private keys used for signing the RUU.

now that you mentioned S-OFF isn't there a guide on here with steps on how to gain S-OFF? wouldn't that help us to perform the needed steps?

and since you seem to have a wealth of knowledge and we are interested to learn, can you define what exactly S-OFF and S-ON are? whats the "S"? (just noticed YOU wrote the guide) :)

now did i lose S-Off (whatever it is and means) when i did the honeycomb install? because i used your guide to root initially when i got this thing.

Last edited:

xxxdc5

Dec 26, 2010
so there is absolutely no way we WIFI only owners can upgrade to this either? we cannot revert to gingerbread, now we cannot get the new HC leak either, this sucks. :(

there has got to be a way, there just has too. in the world of android, the word "cant" barley exists....

Mine is WiFi only and I went through this process and installed the HC leak just fine...

PS I have S-off

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
now that you mentioned S-OFF isn't there a guide on here with steps on how to gain S-OFF? wouldn't that help us to perform the needed steps?

and since you seem to have a wealth of knowledge and we are interested to learn, can you define what exactly S-OFF and S-ON are? whats the "S"? (just noticed YOU wrote the guide) :)

now did i lose S-Off (whatever it is and means) when i did the honeycomb install? because i used your guide to root initially when i got this thing.

We can only get s off on a wifi flyer when we are on gingerbread via revolutionary. So if you you have a 16g wifi flyer with the first hc leak your stuck like me.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts