Lollipop release 90 days after Google's code release

Search This thread

ThrowingKs

Jul 11, 2010
http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/
HTC Customers and Enthusiasts,

HTC is excited about the new features in Android L release and we can’t wait to share them with you. We are committed to updating our flagship HTC One family as fast as possible as part of our HTC Advantage program. We will begin rolling out updates to the HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) worldwide within 90 days of receiving final software from Google, followed shortly thereafter by other One family members and select devices. HTC Advantage protects your smartphone investment, ensuring you have the best smartphone experience long after purchase.

Pretty interesting promise. :fingers-crossed:

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
And who said it would be lollipop? The fact that they haven't announced a dessert indicates that they may be trying to work out another sponsorship deal (lemonhead? life saver?).

MTsol

Nov 16, 2009
OnePlus 10 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It could be licorice, laffy taffy, lemon merengue pie, etc.

Or: 1403814408314.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
My sources tell me that they're going away from candy and naming it Android Love.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Nothing interesting here.... They always give the 90day from release talk with all main devices set to get the update...

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Just means Sprint gets their hands on it, we still have to wait.
Ever since I started working for Sprint as a tech I've never seen any other carriers bring updates as fast as them. I had att when I first joined rocking note 3 so when Kit Kat was released I seen it release for sprint then waited 3 month to get my update plus all the locked bootloader blah blah... blah... I hate att as a customer standpoint can't wait for tmo and sprint to join.

Konfuzion

Oct 17, 2008
Upland
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ever since I started working for Sprint as a tech I've never seen any other carriers bring updates as fast as them. I had att when I first joined rocking note 3 so when Kit Kat was released I seen it release for sprint then waited 3 month to get my update plus all the locked bootloader blah blah... blah... I hate att as a customer standpoint can't wait for tmo and sprint to join.

Doesn't matter which carrier is the fastest at releasing it, it still doesn't change the fact that all that means is we have to wait after Sprint gets their hands on it. Right? If you want to talk about which carriers are the fastest at releasing go ahead and do so without quoting me and trying to make an invalid point, thanks!

Reactions: dincdoes.me

ThePhoneGeek

May 13, 2012
An Undisclosed Location
The carrier piece will most likely be part of the 90 days. Verizon and AT&T will be the longest and may go a little beyond that but HTC has been good lately at getting code out of their shop in 30 days and getting the first runs to carriers.

Like anything else time will tell...

MG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/
    HTC Customers and Enthusiasts,

HTC is excited about the new features in Android L release and we can’t wait to share them with you. We are committed to updating our flagship HTC One family as fast as possible as part of our HTC Advantage program. We will begin rolling out updates to the HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) worldwide within 90 days of receiving final software from Google, followed shortly thereafter by other One family members and select devices. HTC Advantage protects your smartphone investment, ensuring you have the best smartphone experience long after purchase.

Pretty interesting promise. :fingers-crossed:
    It could be licorice, laffy taffy, lemon merengue pie, etc.

Or: 1403814408314.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Doesn't matter which carrier is the fastest at releasing it, it still doesn't change the fact that all that means is we have to wait after Sprint gets their hands on it. Right? If you want to talk about which carriers are the fastest at releasing go ahead and do so without quoting me and trying to make an invalid point, thanks!