[TUTORIAL]A 13 year old's guide to programming - Tutorial 4 Added!

Search This thread

Morto_jeffrey

May 26, 2010
127.0.0.1 / ::1
Thanks for the tuts i am waiting for the next one :p

Can you give me a link where there are more tutorials so i can learn more of C#.

I know that there is google :) but maybe you know a good site!

Last edited:

chronokinetic

Nov 18, 2009
hey, i think it's great that you're doing this because I'm totally new and am trying to learn how to develop programs. Thanks and really appreciate your effort in making a tutorials like this! : ) any other simple "for dummies" tutorials, great sites with supplemental things that anyone can refer me to? would want to learn as much and as fast as possible : )

bryanwayb

Mar 28, 2010
Dallas, TX
ok lemme get this straight....

I made it as 13 because then i was about 12ish, i started to write jibberish programs which barely compiled and they were at best something like this, so i ignored that age and I said '13' because at that time, i had a solid understanding of C# and vb.net. Both of which were very easy for me. Now, 15, I know waaay more programming (C#,Vb.net, C++,C,JAVA,and the wpf version of c# and vb.net).

I mainly use the c# and vb.net most today but I have programming competitions and I need to know c++ and JAVA so i gradually developed that as well.....

And for all you 3rd grade babies out there who program...good for you and I hope you spread the knoledge learned some day to someone else ;)

-Turns out, you will get money for this.....

oh! no i wasn't laughing at the age thing. i was laughing because I'm seeing more and more younger programmers out there and i always viewed programming as a 25 - 45 year old thing. Id love to see young kids learning to program because its not only the future, it pays (like you said) really well. i was just throwing some of my young programming experience in a comment. good work on the tutorials. keep it up. :)

p.s. i was the same at 12. i could barely use Java or C. C++ was easier than those two for some reason.

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
weird....anyway, im kinda reinstalling the os on my other two main computers so I will be back to posting tutorials probably tommorow when I get a new lappy...

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
ok i made tutorial 3 and it's a bit long and extensive but still easy language....

As always, ask questions ans post files in this thread

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
hey people. If you download a tutorial, make sure you respond on how it was...I see 59 downloads on tute 3 and no comments on it.
If you want me to keep posting tutorials, make sure you please post how it turned out (can be a couple of words or a whole page...)

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
ok i am gonna post up tute 4 which is on loops but im gonna need some comments on how tute 3 was (or how to improve it) and then I will psot tute 4....i really don't want this thread to be inactive and me being the only one posting :(

mtiberio

Oct 3, 2007
I'm 56, and I started computer programming in 1969 (really, I have been doing it for over 40 years). this tutorial helped me wade through the bloatware knows as m/s studio. thank you...

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
ok im making an app called sms-scriptor and for all you hyper people who want to go into mobile programming, please support my app and I will release a documentation on how I programmed it. It will be extremely through like my tutorials and will have everything needed to mock a tutorial (except a little more advanced).

Tute 4 is still expceted to come out today...

gathrottle

Dec 17, 2007
N GA
Like your tutorials a lot. Been programming off and on for years but never tried for the mobile devices. Keep up the good work!

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
it's not that easy. you can't simply cross compile for .net cf. You need to get a windows mobile 6.1 SDK which includes a windows mobile project (you have to make it from scratch). And then you compile it from there and it will generate an exe which can be loaded on to a winmo device.

mtiberio

Oct 3, 2007
it's not that easy. you can't simply cross compile for .net cf. You need to get a windows mobile 6.1 SDK which includes a windows mobile project (you have to make it from scratch). And then you compile it from there and it will generate an exe which can be loaded on to a winmo device.

Downloading 211 MB Mobile 6 msi now. will report.

mtiberio

Oct 3, 2007
The windows mobile 6.1 SDK wants
Visual Studio 2005 SP1 or later and
.NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1

I'm currently downloading both for free (VS is 432 MB, slow)... we'll see...

Last edited:

mtiberio

Oct 3, 2007
no go... looks like I have to have Visual Studio 2005 for the patch to take (DOH, I thought AT 400MB I was getting that). Cheapest english version I have found is $64...

oh well... I thought microsoft wanted folks to develop apps for their platform...

unfortunately I found a link on the MS web site that said: "Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions", but it took me to the 2010 versions. :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hydros's Programming tutorial for a 13 year old​

Well, this is my first time posting a tutorial which I have actually tried in making. I kinda felt bad for the people who are missing out on programming because they htink it is hard. Well, I finally devised the ultimate tutorial which a 13 year old should easily be able to understand if he puts his/her mind into it. I posted pics for EVERY STEP along he way so you can walk through it. Simply open the zip and there are three directories

IMAGES - has all the images to the tutorial (not all tutes have images...don't be babies)

TUTE - a tute in .doc format

SOURCE - whatever program we made that day, I posted a source code area to post up source for it.

-Enjoy and I hope people learn a few things from it (even though it is quite basic)

NUMBER OF TUTES MADE SO FAR: 4​

C# TUTORIALS:

Tutorial 1: We install visual studio 2010 express edition c# and we make a sooped up version of the boring helloworld app. Maybe even a "pull my finger" app can be developed with the limited knoledge learned from this tute.

Tutorial 2: We make a continuation of helloworld with variables so the user types in a name and the program will say "hello..." + name

Tutorial 3: We make a simple calculator using functions for adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing (kinda complicated but still very easy). - With pictures in the PDF

Tutorial 4: We make a simple program which uses a loop to display "hello" the number of times the user tells it to.

-If you find problems with ANYTHING, please feel free to post in the comments section below and I will do my best to reply within a day to all questions.

If you like my work: please feel free to spread it with my credit;) + donation link is on my sig (cough...cough):)
    I am really looking forward to reading the tutorial! Sounds good!:)

EC