[APP] [2.2+][ROOT] GLTools v1.07 (graphics optimizer) 03/06/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kalsouth

Dec 4, 2012
My device is an I9505.i put the 3cf plugins in device storage.after that i installed gltools.klicked on tex that it became white.by the way there are wriiten in red "(GPL)(Patent).i install and everytime i open app it comes the same installing pic.what did i wrong?

Atise

Apr 26, 2014
Amazon Kindle Hdx Thor

Hello!

Do you know if GLTools is working on Amazon Kindle Hdx? Since I don't have any recovery installed on my rooted Thor, I don't think it's a good idea to experiment. If it works without bricking the device it would be amazing!

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
With the last update from playstore, half life 2 is finally working!! The game takes a long time on a black screen before boot and de graphics have some bugs on texture & has some lags on some areas of the game but i think it is fully playable. To control the game i am using a bluetooth controler (ipega 9025)
On my note 3 (snapdragon 800) i have to enable the setting:
Use fake gpu info
Template: tegra 4
Simple mapbuffer emulation
Software VBO emulation
Use packed stencil buffer

Are there any tricks you used to install this on the Note 3 other than having a custom kernel? I keep hearing about people bricking their devices and I've been hesitant to attempt installing.

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
My device is an I9505.i put the 3cf plugins in device storage.after that i installed gltools.klicked on tex that it became white.by the way there are wriiten in red "(GPL)(Patent).i install and everytime i open app it comes the same installing pic.what did i wrong?

This doesn't use any of the chainfire plugins. All you do is click the 2nd plugin and check the three check boxes and click install.

n0n3m4

Sep 5, 2011
Hi all.
Seems like plugin server uses the new API (again), so the current XDA-developers version support is discontinued.
If someone wants to take control of this thread (and fix anything what happened here, I mean that OP's messages were removed) - email me and I'll send you a xda-developers version (but note that this thread should be fixed first).
If no one will do that - anyone can use a pirated one as well, since it is ad-supported from v1.28 (and has no restriction except ads).

Last edited:

bunyabeni

Jul 20, 2014
gl tools xperia L

Hi guys,I have a Sony xperia L and i downloaded the gl tools and use this,my quiestion is: can i have any problem with my phone,because i use MSAA16 anti aliasing in gt racing2? Don't damage the gpu? Sorry for my bad English :)

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
Hi guys,I have a Sony xperia L and i downloaded the gl tools and use this,my quiestion is: can i have any problem with my phone,because i use MSAA16 anti aliasing in gt racing2? Don't damage the gpu? Sorry for my bad English :)

No it wont damage
In extreme cases it will lag on full antialiasing
Otherwise it cant damage anything

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
Just installed and it's working great on my Note 3 with Lean Kernel, just choose the install option that wasn't default and BAM Wolf Among Us is working. Great app

vickys1038

Jul 14, 2014
Any suggestions for running modern combat 4 in wiko stairway ... I have downloaded latest version of GL tools from google play ... Any custom settings to make it work ...

Sent from my A210 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...I purchased the app from the play store but I didn't get any download for plugins o.o...
    Uninstall GLTools libs through it's menu, it will do a fast reboot, now make sure you open it with a working internet connection.
    Above it will show deafault and TeX plugin, select TeX plugin (it will show with white color) and tick all 3 below and install.

How can I play Horn THD?
    How can I download THD games legit
    There are 3 ways that developers do their games:
    1. Specific platform:
    They are only for a specific platform and for tegra they have THD in their name.
    Only way to download a game like this if it's blocked, is to change build.prop device names temporary to let's say Tegra shield.
    This will trick Play store into thinking that you have Tegra Shield and will let you download the game.
    Restore build.prop backup and fake gpu in GLTools

2. Many platforms, different revisions for each
    This is like Horn. They support Adreno, Mali, PowerVR and Tegra.
    Whatever you have, will download different files (apk+obb). Obb are different because they use specific gpu vendor compressed textures and shaders.
    In this category you change again build.prop to trick play store into downloading the correct version. If you 1st buy the game, you have to uninstall it and then change build.prop and download it again.
    Restore build.prop backup and fake gpu in GLTools

3. Same for all
    Like Dead trigger. Apk and obb is compatible with all. You only configure GLTools.

what does decompress recompression do
    Decompression better be in Unsupported only. "All" requires a lot of ram, you don't have a problem so try this also.
    Recompression the best quality is "Disable", this also will give probably faster load times. I leave it to Decompressed only though.

This needs a little clarification though. Because leaving compression sometimes helps in performance.
    You certainly need Decompression to unsupported only and up though. Otherwise proprietary texture formats will show us black.
    So basically it uncompress the textures, then it will load them and if the original was for let's say for tegra it will recompress it to one that is supported natively from the gpu you have. This is speculation though
    But I think that's why Recompressing all is not recommended.

Test case speculation:
    So let's say we have Format1 (for adreno), Format2 (tegra unsupported natively) and Raw (uncomressed):
    Code:
    Settings: Decomp "Unsupported only", Recomp "Decompressed only"

Raw->Load it
    Format1->Load it
    Format2->raw->Format1->Load it
    Code:
    Settings: Decomp "All", Recomp "Decompressed only"

Raw->Load it
    Format1->Raw->Load it
    Format2->Raw->Format1->Load it
    Code:
    Settings: Decomp "All", Recomp "Disable"

Raw->Load it
    Format1->Raw->Load it
    Format2->Raw->Load it
    Code:
    Settings: Decomp "Unsupported only", Recomp "Disable"

Raw->Load it
    Format1->Load it
    Format2->Raw->Load it

So for Quality: All and Disable
    For performance and low ram: Unsupported only and Unsupported only
    For performance: Unsupported only and Disable

Correct me if I'm wrong

EDIT1:-------------
    Played Horn 1.3.2.6
    Works great.
    Settings:
    Decomp: Unsupp. only
    Recomp: Decomp. only (Disabled gave me crashes)
    Fake GPU with Tegra 3 profile

The game has no difference between T3 and T4. I sticked to Tegra 3 for compatibility.

1.3.2.7 version has Tegra 4 Support. Will check with that and see the graphical differencies.

EDIT2:----
    Fixed some typos.

Also about having uncompressed textures it seems that because of the architecture of all gpus, this is not a good idea.
    Currently optimized game uses uncompressed textures and that's to optimize vram buffers and performance.
    So it seems that there's no need to uncompress them because the quality is already reduced.
    Like mp3s. There's no need to make it wav. The bitrate is already lost.
    So Decomp should really just be to unsupported only (without it you can't play DXT textures in let's say adreno gpu).
    And recompress should be decompressed only, so it you can have optimized buffers.
    Hi all:

heres the thread to the latest xda/free version of gltools (1.29) along with instructions and custom settings
    http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-gltools-1-29-t2828630

since the op and the thread have disappeared
    thank you @n0n3m4 for ur attention
    Real Racing 3 on Nexus 7 FHD

I switched from different GPU ID, from Adreno to Tegra. I took some screenies for comparison.

Adreno mode (original)
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Tegra 4 mode
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Noticed that some of the textures like crowd, race flags and fences dissappeared in Tegra but it smoothed out the jaggies from Adreno, put some added reflections and depth blur.
    Here is the log cat!
    Well i have still a freeze on boot. It says: System not responding etc etc.
    So! maybe this helps the future development.

Edit:
    In using HTC DESIREHD SVHD sense 4.0.4 ICS

Your mediaserver crashes, when loading vorbis (.ogg) files. Specifically at native functions:
    Code:
    #00  pc 000059dc  /system/lib/libcutils.so (android_atomic_add)

#01  pc 0001bfae  /system/lib/libutils.so (_ZN7android7RefBase12weakref_type7incWeakEPKv)
    #02  pc 0001bff6  /system/lib/libutils.so (_ZNK7android7RefBase9incStrongEPKv)
    #03  pc 00008bea  /system/bin/mediaserver
    #04  pc 00016cfc  /system/lib/libc.so (__libc_init)

Dev will know probably what to do.

On my Note 3 SM-N9005 i installed the TEX plugin via recovery and every time i initiate the app and choose an app to customize GLtools stops working.

Took a log with Syslog:
    BTW I'm using XDA version

Yours is easier to understand. It crashes when loading icon.
    The nativeHeap runs out of memory. Probably because you have loads (and I mean looooads) of apps, or you enabled system-wide texture decompression of all apps and recompression disabled.

So I think that this is fixed easily by putting android:largeHeap="true" in GLTools AndroidManifest.xml
    I can make a modified xda version for you to try, but it will probably fail on license check.

Here's your logcat bit of info:
    Code:
    Process: com.n0n3m4.gltools, PID: 15382
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.nativeDecodeAsset(Native Method)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.decodeStream(BitmapFactory.java:677)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.decodeResourceStream(BitmapFactory.java:507)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.graphics.drawable.Drawable.createFromResourceStream(Drawable.java:872)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.content.res.Resources.loadDrawable(Resources.java:3022)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.content.res.Resources.getDrawable(Resources.java:1586)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.content.res.XResources.getDrawable(XResources.java:401)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getDrawable(ApplicationPackageManager.java:725)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at android.content.pm.PackageItemInfo.loadIcon(PackageItemInfo.java:161)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at com.n0n3m4.gltools.x.run(Unknown Source)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 E/AndroidRuntime(15382): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)
    02-12 23:59:38.216 W/ActivityManager( 4271):   Force finishing activity com.n0n3m4.gltools/.PerAppPreferences

On another note, it's true that the best options for texture is Decomp: Unsupported only and Recomp: decompressed only.
    I checked with Horn:
    Recomp: decomp only: 411mb of ram
    Recomp: disabled: 928mb of ram. (Faster loading though)
    So yeah disabled gives me crashes, because some times it can reach more than 1.5GB ram usage.

And as I said before there's is no need to have decompression: All, because the extra quality is already lost and also the performance is way better with compressed textures. Don't forget gpu can load the compressed textures right away if they are supported.
    Also having decomp: All, recomp: decomp only will increase your load times by a lot!

So I want to ask the dev, for tegra games on an adreno/powervr/mali gpu, if he can ask Saem Persunt to implement texture recompression,
    by using Renderscript as an option. If the code is good this will use the gpu and the loading times will be waaaaaaay faster.
    here is the instruction to right work this app:
    1. insert the plugins.rar (from chainfire3d) in the root memory of the smartphone
    2. install and download gltools from playstore
    3. open gltools and now you see that the texture hve a name of developer of the plugin
    4. click on install
    5. the device will reboot
    6. now select your game to mod with tegra driver
    7. now all works!
    sorry for my poor english :(