[MetroPCS] 3G Speeds & Settings + Help Getting 3G! |PRL 3032 Released!|

Search This thread

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
[MetroPCS] 3G Speeds & Settings + Help Getting 3G!

MetroPRL Website

Thread Introduction & Purpose:

Welcome,

You guys can call me JD, I created this general thread so MetroPCS users with flashed HTC EVO phones can post their 3G speeds & locations, and get help on obtaining 3G signal and other MetroPCS related things such as MMS settings. I'm open to answering any questions you guys may have to the best of my knowledge.
MetroPCS is currently updating 20% of there towers from 1X to 3G.

MetroPCS 3G Coverage Map:
Provided by Cellular Maps

View attachment 762378

Simple Steps to getting 3G:

1.Download and Write one of the following PRL's:

3019, 3020, 3022, 3023, 3024, 3025, 3026, 3027, 3028, 3029, 3030, 3031, 3032, 3033, 3035
PRL Download Website
PS: While at the Website, Please click on some ads, in support to maintaining the website up to date. Thank You. :)

Writen HTC EVO PRL Update Guide

Here's a HTC EVO PRL Video Update Tutorial created by Mikekelso421:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xR_rmPrU&list=UUxqzz5EkFT8YZpnC9UZR6-A&feature=plcp

2.In QSPT Service Programming under M.I.P tab set the Mobile IP behavior to 'Simple IP' This will allow your phone to connect to 3G when available or 1X when not in a 3G service area.

If there is 3G signal in your area after completing these 2 simple steps you should now have 3G.

If your still having trouble getting 3G and your sure theirs 3G in your area theres still hope, Try forcing 3G by setting your EVO into HDR Mode.

My Exact DFS Settings & Guide

1. Register, Create Account!
  2. Download & Install. DFS.exe
  3. Dial ##DIAG# On EVO.
  4. Connect to PC.
  5. Open DFS.
  6. Enter Login Info.
  7. You'll enter Demo Mode (Allows Full Access of Program.) :D
  8. Next To Ports, Next to Open Close Ports button, There's a drop down menu, Choose your phone (HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM #)
  9. Then Click Open/Close Port Button until it opens your port and all your phones info appear in yellow in the Equipment screen.
  10. Press SPC send button (Unlocks Phone. ;))
  11. Go to the Programming Tab, Where you'll find, Nam, Data, Mobile IP Tabs
  12. Nam Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!
  13. Data Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!
  14. Mobile IP Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!

Be careful while changing setting, look over things more than twice, If you need help on anything I'm here, Live Support :D!

My Nam Tab:

View attachment 772873

My Data Tab:

View attachment 772872

Check out the Mode Settings under the Data Tab in the Mode Box ;)

My Mobile IP Tab:

View attachment 772874

My Exact EPST Settings for Comparison:

To view & edit yours:

1. Dial ##3282# (##DATA#)
  2. Enter Edit Mode
  3. Enter SPC: 000000
  4. Compare.
Code:
Data Profile:
Active Profile: 1 (Mines is 1, but it depends on which profile is set up on your phone for MetroPCS)
User Name: 786#######@mymetropcs.com
SPI MN-HA: 1234
SPI MN-AAA: 1234
Reverse Tunnel Preferred: Enable
Home IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Primary Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
Second Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: ****** (MetroPCS MSL Code)
AAA Shared Secret: ****** (MetroPCS MSL Code)
DSA Server URL: https://dsa.spcdnsnet:443/dsa/ (Still on Sprints, but seems to not affect anything.)

EVDO:
DDTM: Disable
Preferred Mode: Automatic

Advanced:
MEID(HEX): (Your MEID)
P_REV: IS-2000 (6)
SCM: 58
Slot Mode: Enable
Slot Cycle Index: 2
MCC: 310
MNC: 00
MSID:786#######
ACCOL:5
Vocoder: Enable
EVRC-B: Disable
Home Orig: EVRC
Roam Orig: Voice 13K
LBS PDE IP:  (?)
LBS PDE PORT:  (?)
Home Sys Registration: Enable
Foreign SID Registration: Enable
Foreign NID Registration: Enable
Home SID/NID #1: 6503/65535
MMS Server URL: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
RTSP Proxy  Port: 0
RTSP Proxy Address: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com (Still Sprints)
HTTP PD Proxy Port: 0
HTTP PD Proxy Address: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com (Still Sprints)

Hope this helps you guys! :D

Steps to manualy setting your EVO into HDR Mode:

*Warning: Manually forcing your phone into HDR Mode or Digital Mode my cause issues like your PRL going into 0000 IF your phone has been MEID repaired. You know who you are so do not attempt this if your HTC EVO was MEID repaired. Only try this if your are sure your HTC EVO was not MEID repaired.

1. Dial ##3424# (Sets your phone in Diag mode).
  2. Connect your EVO to PC thourgh USB.
  3. Open QPST.
  4. Start Clients>Service Programming.
  5. Read from phone.
  6. Go to System tab.
  7. Set your Preffered Mode to: HDR only
  8. Write to Phone.

Reboot your phone and your HTC EVO should now be forced to connect to 3G!

The reason why I ask you guys to do this by QPST rather than by Advanced Settings is because most of the times you change it on Advanced Settings but it really doesn't change anything.

Although you guys can check to see if your connected to Evdo using Advanced Settings App. Open the app and go into Phone Information, take a look at your Network Type it should now say CDMA- EvDo rev. A!
Screenshot:
View attachment 767449

MetroPCS MMS Fixes:

It works with Most roms. Tested and Confirmed on Swagged Out Stock. :D

Flash an MMS script compatible with your rom.
__
[New MMS Script for 4.67]
Created by Mteezey
4.67 MMS Script Mteezey
__

MetroPCS APN Settings:

1.Download APN Manager from the Android Market.
2.Create a new APN and enter these settings:

• APN: internet
  • Proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
  • Port: 3128
  • UserName: Phone#@mymetropcs.com
  • Password: MSL code*
  • Server: wap.metropcs.net
  • MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
  • MMS Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
  • MMS Port: 3128
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 004
  • APN Type: MMS

3. Download Any Cut from the Android Market, then create an activity, apns on your homescreen.
Open apns choose MetroPCS and edit then authentication type to pap or chap. If no APN exists create a new one and fill it in with the info above.

-Make sure to enable created APN in APN Manager.
-Also if your MMS still isn't working make sure the metropcs.sh file from the script is in the correct place, if it is execute it. If It's not etract it from the script, and place it in the root of the internal memory, set permissions, and then execute it.
*If you want to figure of your MetroPCS MSL code check out whiterabbit.org

My Location & Current Setting & Speed:

• Speed:1766D 532U
  • PRL: 3022
  • Radio:2.15.00.11.19
  • ROM: Swagged Out Stock
  • Screen Shot For Proof:
View attachment 759864

User Confirmed MetroPCS 3G Locations:

• Miami, FL [JD2589]
  • Sanford, FL [chad9f9]
  • Hialeah, FL [ronwins]
  • Stockton, CA [edgeez25]
  • Atlanta, GA [rovertech1]
  • Lakeland, FL [StarfleetcCommunications]
  • Bartow, FL [StarfleetCommunications]
  • Davenport, Fl [marcnoel101]
  • Manteca, CA [montecristo1]
  • French Camp, CA [montecristo1]
  • Lathrop, CA [montecristo1]
  • Tracy, CA [montecristo1]
  • West Palm Beach, FL [pimpmack]
  • Hudson Country, CT [medinab77]
  • Fort Pierce, FL [pimpmack]
  • Port St Lucie, FL [Mikekelso421]
  • Ypsilanti, MI [bill48105]
  • Ocala, FL [mikeuriah]
  • Sacramento, CA [chainsaw5001]
  • Modesto,CA [discobiscuit]
  • Bakersfield, CA [yknujssab]

Big Thanks to all users above :D

Problems/Solutions:

Stuck in Digital Roaming Mode?

Disclaimer

I'm only providing this information to help out MetroPCS users, Please proceed with caution and at your own risk. Anything that happens is your responsibility. I am not responsible for any damages you cause to your phone hardware, software, service provider account, or any other damages that might result from your usages of this information.
This is a friendly warning, Proceed with caution.

_______

I'm currently a college student and have many expenses, If you guys appreciate my work and time dedicated to helping others, consider donating. All donations are welcome.

Thank You.

-For those of you guys that are mobile here's a direct link:
JD2589 XDA Donations

If you have any other questions or need help just ask.

Happy Posting :D

Also, If you find this information or my posts helpful in anyway, besides donating, hit the 'Thanks' button. Thank You!

JD

Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Hey Guys,

I wanted to make a general thread where MetroPCS users with flashed HTC EVO phones could post their location, 3G speeds, and settings like prl and rom that best worked for them. MetroPCS has recently been updating some of their towers to work with 3G.
This thread is only for users to come and post and compare there speeds so please take your legal issues or drama somewhere else, Thanks.

It should be something like this:
-Speed:1766D 532U
-PRL: 3022
-ROM: Swagged Out Stock
-Screen Shot For Proof:
ae8dd44a-8928-1373.jpg

*I want this thread to be user friendly, So NO Trolls Allowed!
-Happy Posting!

Wait... what? Metro has 3G now?

chad9f9

Dec 21, 2010
Orlando
Not sure what it is. Speed test app drops my connection to 1x but when browsing the internet or using wifi tether 3g stays. I was also expecting higher rates but guess it was my location. Still better than my previous peek of 25kbps

Sent from my SCH-R720 using XDA App

edgeez25

Aug 4, 2007
Im in Stockton Ca and my Speeds are all over the place ... Ive tried Prl 3022 and 3023 and I get 3g with both... what radio are you on

ronwins

Dec 30, 2010
Miami
Been following this for a while now...

I've been following Bloody's thread for a while and I've seen pretty much all the posts in relation to Metro 3G.
I was wondering if you could either post a quick guide on how to flash the new PRL here, or just PM me a quick guide. I'd really appreciate it.
I've tried flashing the PRL using CDMA workshop, and also by downloading the new EPST.apk, and using dialer codes, but to no avail. I'll gladly post up my speeds once I can get it working. Thanks a lot! :)
My info is
-ROM: MetroDroid 2.2

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
I've been following Bloody's thread for a while and I've seen pretty much all the posts in relation to Metro 3G.
I was wondering if you could either post a quick guide on how to flash the new PRL here, or just PM me a quick guide. I'd really appreciate it.
I've tried flashing the PRL using CDMA workshop, and also by downloading the new EPST.apk, and using dialer codes, but to no avail. I'll gladly post up my speeds once I can get it working. Thanks a lot! :)
My info is

Hey ronwins,
I just PM'd you a whole guide. Hope it helps!

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
My info is

If MetroDroid is AOSP, your best bet would be to do a nandroid, wipe, flash to any sense rom, run epst, dial ##775# and update PRL. Once you are done, roll back to MetroDroid.

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
Im in Stockton Ca and my Speeds are all over the place ... Ive tried Prl 3022 and 3023 and I get 3g with both... what radio are you on

Just updated my prl..i am also in Stockton...no 3g for me...I have a flashed htc evo (Metro PCS)...

Update: I got it working!
I did extensive search on this. Here is what worked for my flashed, rooted, HTC Evo, Sense, gingerbread....my speeds were at about 96kbps to 129kbps....after prl update 600kbps to 2mbps....

First, the dial key did not work when I dial ##775#- which translates to ##PRL#...someone said on different posts that either an HTC or Sprint update removed this function... so you have to install EPST.apk onto your phone to make it work...I included it. That is only if yours does not work. You also have to know your MSL number to unlock your phone...try all six 000000, if you don't know it, first. There is an app on the Marketplace, search MSL reader- hopefully that can tell you your number. Place the 3022 prl file onto your sd card...i included the 3022 prl. After installing EPST, dial ##775# and it will ask you to enter your password, then tab update prl...then the EPST should load up...it is buggy, you will see it takes a couple of seconds to load up...and if it asks you to foreclose or wait...make sure you press wait...then it will load up. Then it will ask you to find prl, if it's in your sd card, you will see the prl file on the bottom, tab on the right circle input then ok. Then it will take you to update PRL and you can see that the file 3022 is ready...then hit menu and click on the plus to commit modification...wait it is making changes..then the EPST will tell you to reset by pressing ok...you should see a pop up saying commit successfully...if it doesn't reset after 10 seconds...then you reset it manually...that is it...should work....

Last edited:
Reactions: andreadrubin

ronwins

Dec 30, 2010
Miami
Thanks to JD's help, I've been able update my PRL and get 3G speeds.
So here is my info
-Radio: no clue
Ok xda app is being difficult and not letting me post the speed test pic so here are my speeds.
Download: 890 kbps
Upload: 502 kbps

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA App

mangordi89

Sep 21, 2010
Hello I'm on mikG 2.1/3.0 and I still can't send mms. I even flashed the newest v2 script, also I have the newest 3024 prl and no 3G in Ft.Worth, Tx! Geez I'm screwed both ways. Haha

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
Thanks to JD's help, I've been able update my PRL and get 3G speeds.
So here is my info
-Radio: no clue
Ok xda app is being difficult and not letting me post the speed test pic so here are my speeds.
Download: 890 kbps
Upload: 502 kbps

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA App

No problem, Glad to help :D
Thank you for posting your speeds, Enjoy your speed, your area isn't capped yet.. Were i live its really slow seems to be capped for now, I'm not to far from Hialeah.

JD

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
Hello I'm on mikG 2.1/3.0 and I still can't send mms. I even flashed the newest v2 script, also I have the newest 3024 prl and no 3G in Ft.Worth, Tx! Geez I'm screwed both ways. Haha

Hey,

Your MMS may not be working due to problems MetroPCS is having with their towers they seem to be performing updates of some short.
*Request can you please post that 3024 prl?

JD

mangordi89

Sep 21, 2010
Hey,

Your MMS may not be working due to problems MetroPCS is having with their towers they seem to be performing updates of some short.
*Request can you please post that 3024 prl?

JD

Sure man, just give me your email and I'll send it you so you could post it. For some reason it's not letting post it on here lol.

rovertech1

Sep 16, 2010
Atlanta
Have 3g working in Atlanta area with 3024 prl...seems to browse web ok but speedtest won't run as someone else mentioned. Coverage seems poor...I live close to the city and keeps switching back to 1x at my apartment. Stays connected to 3g at my work in Norcross.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MetroPCS] 3G Speeds & Settings + Help Getting 3G!

MetroPRL Website

Thread Introduction & Purpose:

Welcome,

You guys can call me JD, I created this general thread so MetroPCS users with flashed HTC EVO phones can post their 3G speeds & locations, and get help on obtaining 3G signal and other MetroPCS related things such as MMS settings. I'm open to answering any questions you guys may have to the best of my knowledge.
    MetroPCS is currently updating 20% of there towers from 1X to 3G.

MetroPCS 3G Coverage Map:
    Provided by Cellular Maps

View attachment 762378

Simple Steps to getting 3G:

1.Download and Write one of the following PRL's:

3019, 3020, 3022, 3023, 3024, 3025, 3026, 3027, 3028, 3029, 3030, 3031, 3032, 3033, 3035
    PRL Download Website
    PS: While at the Website, Please click on some ads, in support to maintaining the website up to date. Thank You. :)

Writen HTC EVO PRL Update Guide

Here's a HTC EVO PRL Video Update Tutorial created by Mikekelso421:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xR_rmPrU&list=UUxqzz5EkFT8YZpnC9UZR6-A&feature=plcp

2.In QSPT Service Programming under M.I.P tab set the Mobile IP behavior to 'Simple IP' This will allow your phone to connect to 3G when available or 1X when not in a 3G service area.

If there is 3G signal in your area after completing these 2 simple steps you should now have 3G.

If your still having trouble getting 3G and your sure theirs 3G in your area theres still hope, Try forcing 3G by setting your EVO into HDR Mode.

My Exact DFS Settings & Guide

1. Register, Create Account!
    2. Download & Install. DFS.exe
    3. Dial ##DIAG# On EVO.
    4. Connect to PC.
    5. Open DFS.
    6. Enter Login Info.
    7. You'll enter Demo Mode (Allows Full Access of Program.) :D
    8. Next To Ports, Next to Open Close Ports button, There's a drop down menu, Choose your phone (HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM #)
    9. Then Click Open/Close Port Button until it opens your port and all your phones info appear in yellow in the Equipment screen.
    10. Press SPC send button (Unlocks Phone. ;))
    11. Go to the Programming Tab, Where you'll find, Nam, Data, Mobile IP Tabs
    12. Nam Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!
    13. Data Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!
    14. Mobile IP Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!

Be careful while changing setting, look over things more than twice, If you need help on anything I'm here, Live Support :D!

My Nam Tab:

View attachment 772873

My Data Tab:

View attachment 772872

Check out the Mode Settings under the Data Tab in the Mode Box ;)

My Mobile IP Tab:

View attachment 772874

My Exact EPST Settings for Comparison:

To view & edit yours:

1. Dial ##3282# (##DATA#)
    2. Enter Edit Mode
    3. Enter SPC: 000000
    4. Compare.
    Code:
    Data Profile:
    Active Profile: 1 (Mines is 1, but it depends on which profile is set up on your phone for MetroPCS)
    User Name: 786#######@mymetropcs.com
    SPI MN-HA: 1234
    SPI MN-AAA: 1234
    Reverse Tunnel Preferred: Enable
    Home IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    Primary Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
    Second Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
    HA Shared Secret: ****** (MetroPCS MSL Code)
    AAA Shared Secret: ****** (MetroPCS MSL Code)
    DSA Server URL: https://dsa.spcdnsnet:443/dsa/ (Still on Sprints, but seems to not affect anything.)

EVDO:
    Preferred Mode: Automatic

Advanced:
    MEID(HEX): (Your MEID)
    P_REV: IS-2000 (6)
    SCM: 58
    Slot Mode: Enable
    Slot Cycle Index: 2
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 00
    MSID:786#######
    ACCOL:5
    Vocoder: Enable
    EVRC-B: Disable
    Home Orig: EVRC
    Roam Orig: Voice 13K
    LBS PDE IP:  (?)
    LBS PDE PORT:  (?)
    Home Sys Registration: Enable
    Foreign SID Registration: Enable
    Foreign NID Registration: Enable
    Home SID/NID #1: 6503/65535
    MMS Server URL: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    RTSP Proxy  Port: 0
    RTSP Proxy Address: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com (Still Sprints)
    HTTP PD Proxy Port: 0
    HTTP PD Proxy Address: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com (Still Sprints)

Hope this helps you guys! :D

Steps to manualy setting your EVO into HDR Mode:

*Warning: Manually forcing your phone into HDR Mode or Digital Mode my cause issues like your PRL going into 0000 IF your phone has been MEID repaired. You know who you are so do not attempt this if your HTC EVO was MEID repaired. Only try this if your are sure your HTC EVO was not MEID repaired.

1. Dial ##3424# (Sets your phone in Diag mode).
    2. Connect your EVO to PC thourgh USB.
    3. Open QPST.
    4. Start Clients>Service Programming.
    5. Read from phone.
    6. Go to System tab.
    7. Set your Preffered Mode to: HDR only
    8. Write to Phone.

Reboot your phone and your HTC EVO should now be forced to connect to 3G!

The reason why I ask you guys to do this by QPST rather than by Advanced Settings is because most of the times you change it on Advanced Settings but it really doesn't change anything.

Although you guys can check to see if your connected to Evdo using Advanced Settings App. Open the app and go into Phone Information, take a look at your Network Type it should now say CDMA- EvDo rev. A!
    Screenshot:
    View attachment 767449

MetroPCS MMS Fixes:

It works with Most roms. Tested and Confirmed on Swagged Out Stock. :D

Flash an MMS script compatible with your rom.
    __
    [New MMS Script for 4.67]
    Created by Mteezey
    4.67 MMS Script Mteezey
    __

MetroPCS APN Settings:

1.Download APN Manager from the Android Market.
    2.Create a new APN and enter these settings:

• APN: internet
    • Proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
    • Port: 3128
    • UserName: Phone#@mymetropcs.com
    • Password: MSL code*
    • Server: wap.metropcs.net
    • MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    • MMS Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
    • MMS Port: 3128
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 004
    • APN Type: MMS

3. Download Any Cut from the Android Market, then create an activity, apns on your homescreen.
    Open apns choose MetroPCS and edit then authentication type to pap or chap. If no APN exists create a new one and fill it in with the info above.

-Make sure to enable created APN in APN Manager.
    -Also if your MMS still isn't working make sure the metropcs.sh file from the script is in the correct place, if it is execute it. If It's not etract it from the script, and place it in the root of the internal memory, set permissions, and then execute it.
    *If you want to figure of your MetroPCS MSL code check out whiterabbit.org

My Location & Current Setting & Speed:

• Speed:1766D 532U
    • PRL: 3022
    • Radio:2.15.00.11.19
    • ROM: Swagged Out Stock
    • Screen Shot For Proof:
    View attachment 759864

User Confirmed MetroPCS 3G Locations:

• Miami, FL [JD2589]
    • Sanford, FL [chad9f9]
    • Hialeah, FL [ronwins]
    • Stockton, CA [edgeez25]
    • Atlanta, GA [rovertech1]
    • Lakeland, FL [StarfleetcCommunications]
    • Bartow, FL [StarfleetCommunications]
    • Davenport, Fl [marcnoel101]
    • Manteca, CA [montecristo1]
    • French Camp, CA [montecristo1]
    • Lathrop, CA [montecristo1]
    • Tracy, CA [montecristo1]
    • West Palm Beach, FL [pimpmack]
    • Hudson Country, CT [medinab77]
    • Fort Pierce, FL [pimpmack]
    • Port St Lucie, FL [Mikekelso421]
    • Ypsilanti, MI [bill48105]
    • Ocala, FL [mikeuriah]
    • Sacramento, CA [chainsaw5001]
    • Modesto,CA [discobiscuit]
    • Bakersfield, CA [yknujssab]

Big Thanks to all users above :D

Problems/Solutions:

Stuck in Digital Roaming Mode?

Disclaimer

I'm only providing this information to help out MetroPCS users, Please proceed with caution and at your own risk. Anything that happens is your responsibility. I am not responsible for any damages you cause to your phone hardware, software, service provider account, or any other damages that might result from your usages of this information.
    This is a friendly warning, Proceed with caution.

_______

I'm currently a college student and have many expenses, If you guys appreciate my work and time dedicated to helping others, consider donating. All donations are welcome.

Thank You.

-For those of you guys that are mobile here's a direct link:
    JD2589 XDA Donations

If you have any other questions or need help just ask.

Happy Posting :D

Also, If you find this information or my posts helpful in anyway, besides donating, hit the 'Thanks' button. Thank You!

JD
    D
    Deleted member 3281329
    3029 PRL!

I was working on a new customers phone today and came in with an EVO preflashed (talk+txt) from MetroPCS with a 3029 PRL. I will rip it and upload later...

Here it is, I haven't tried it yet but 3G works on the EVO!
    PRL 03028

Hello, been following this thread for about 2 weeks. Lots of good info. I just registered so I can post this. Anyways, I have an Evo flashed to Metro. I've done everything but no 3G here in Bakersfield, CA. My wife has a Admire, also no 3G. I was messing with hers today and noticed that the PRL was reverted to 3026. She had 3027 when I had checked it before. So I did the *228 to update. And lo and behold 3028!!! Hopefully I wake up to 3G. Doubt it since I think Bakersfield is capped. Anyways, I hope this helps someone out there.
    There's a lot more to it that setting that to auto for those of us in markets that aren't connecting. My how I wish it were that simple. I've cloned metro phones and tried a million different combinations of data settings. Different profiles different shared secret passwords and still nothing. As long as you have followed the guide in the op you will get 3g from first boot if you are in a 3g area. Also all roms made for a cdma phone are automatically set to cdma auto prl. Imo its more along the lines of metro putting there evdo connections out over 1700 mhz signal which sprint phones do not have radios to support. Browse the thread a little from pages 80-100 u.should be able to find a lot of the tests I have done with modifying apks from metro wildfire amongst a lot of other things.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2