[Q] Pimp My ROM screwed up sound and pho

Search This thread
First of all, chide me out as much as you want because I deserve it. I didn't make a backup.

I installed Pimp My ROM and I saw it had some nice features under Mods; this included the we
L known beats audio, some sony things, and etc.

I attempted to install Pimp My Beats (a mod that installs Beats Audio). It wouldn't download, and so for some reason I decided to click install. When I clicked install it acted like it installed something. I'm not sure what it installed, but it messed with files.

Now when I try to make a call the phone number disappears, then after about 5 seconds the call is made. However, instead of seeing the screen with end call and those buttons I'm rewarded with a solid white screen. On top of that, I am not able to hear any sound. I'm not sure if they can hear me...

I noticed it with my phone app, but it has effected all media apps.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't have a custom recovery, so I can't flash a new OS. I might be forced to flash a new ROM, but I'd rather not. I just got through with a factory reset and I have the same problem with my phone app and media app.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
First of all, chide me out as much as you want because I deserve it. I didn't make a backup.

I installed Pimp My ROM and I saw it had some nice features under Mods; this included the we
L known beats audio, some sony things, and etc.

I attempted to install Pimp My Beats (a mod that installs Beats Audio). It wouldn't download, and so for some reason I decided to click install. When I clicked install it acted like it installed something. I'm not sure what it installed, but it messed with files.

Now when I try to make a call the phone number disappears, then after about 5 seconds the call is made. However, instead of seeing the screen with end call and those buttons I'm rewarded with a solid white screen. On top of that, I am not able to hear any sound. I'm not sure if they can hear me...

I noticed it with my phone app, but it has effected all media apps.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't have a custom recovery, so I can't flash a new OS. I might be forced to flash a new ROM, but I'd rather not. I just got through with a factory reset and I have the same problem with my phone app and media app.

How did you install the rom without a custom recovery like cwm or twrp??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC
It's an app from the play store. Look up Pimp My Rom in the Play Store.
I'm running Android 4.3. I just saw my build number and it says "_PIMPED_JSS15J.I545VRUEMJ7"

You might be in an odin back to stock situation. The are no wipe odin tars in the android dev section. Kudu flash the one corresponding with your current firmware. You'll need to reroot most likely as well. Unless pimp my rom allows you to undo what you did.

You might be in an odin back to stock situation. The are no wipe odin tars in the android dev section. Kudu flash the one corresponding with your current firmware. You'll need to reroot most likely as well. Unless pimp my rom allows you to undo what you did.

I haven't used Odin. I had to use vRoot to root my phone. I'm familiar with HTCs. HTC is all ADB, at least when I used it.

How does Odin work? Kudu flash?

I'll read more in depth on these, but a quick description would be appreciated.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I haven't used Odin. I had to use vRoot to root my phone. I'm familiar with HTCs. HTC is all ADB, at least when I used it.

There are some threads around here that explains this stuff. There are a couple on what you can and can't do with S4 based on build number.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I think you may be lucky and didn't hard brick your phone....If you can get in Odin mode you can get back. These kind of mods can mess up s4 bigtime.

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48675724

This is for mk2. Better instructions from surge. If your mj7 and want to stay on it there is a no wipe for that as well in android dev. You can use @Surge1223 instructions though. Odin isn't hard but you should read up on it.

Edit:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47010231

MJ7 no wipe.

Kudu flash should have been just flash. Typo sorry.

Reactions: PetersDrue

jamesd1085

Dec 6, 2012
Newark
If you are on mj7 you can try to flash the mj7 modem with the mj7 bin files...I know the bin files have a lot of audio and media related files that may help...you will still have to use Odin to do this...but if it works might save you the trouble of full wipe and data loss...maybe someone else can elaborate... I know I flashed a few mods that jacked up audio and some other things and it fixed for me...but I have mdk and many of my problems can be fixed easily with recovery

If you are on mj7 you can try to flash the mj7 modem with the mj7 bin files...I know the bin files have a lot of audio and media related files that may help...you will still have to use Odin to do this...but if it works might save you the trouble of full wipe and data loss...maybe someone else can elaborate... I know I flashed a few mods that jacked up audio and some other things and it fixed for me...but I have mdk and many of my problems can be fixed easily with recovery

Can these files be found on XDA? (I'm currently looking for items related to the i545 build).
I didn't want to void warranty by installing the custom recovery, but I think I might flash a recovery anyway.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48675724

This is for mk2. Better instructions from surge. If your mj7 and want to stay on it there is a no wipe for that as well in android dev. You can use @Surge1223 instructions though. Odin isn't hard but you should read up on it.

Edit:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47010231

MJ7 no wipe.

Kudu flash should have been just flash. Typo sorry.

Just followed your post and my phone app is working and so is my sound. I just need to re-root, install safestrap, create a nandroid, then try a different way to get Beats Audio on my phone. (found an XDA thread for the Galaxy S4.)

Top Liked Posts