HELP! Another broken screen dilema.

Search This thread

yesfan

Apr 14, 2006
I have an Xperia Z with a completely knackered screen, no display at all. Is there any way I can get the personal data off this phone? It has the pattern screen lock so the USB otg option is a no go. Can I restore without deleting the data?

The phone has taken a beating, the back and casing is also damaged so I couldn't guarantee changing the screen would work although it seems to function normally. Shuts down with power button and vol up with 3 vibrations and starts again ok, can access it via PC but not any of the data due to the lock screen.

What are the option for data recovery if the phone is dismantled to access the storage?

OsiBasi

Nov 26, 2012
I have an Xperia Z with a completely knackered screen, no display at all. Is there any way I can get the personal data off this phone? It has the pattern screen lock so the USB otg option is a no go. Can I restore without deleting the data?

The phone has taken a beating, the back and casing is also damaged so I couldn't guarantee changing the screen would work although it seems to function normally. Shuts down with power button and vol up with 3 vibrations and starts again ok, can access it via PC but not any of the data due to the lock screen.

What are the option for data recovery if the phone is dismantled to access the storage?

If you can access cwm, backup the phone with it, connect phone to a computer. Copy the backup to pc, and do system restore with pcc or sus.

Btw, wrong section:)

Reactions: yesfan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you can access cwm, backup the phone with it, connect phone to a computer. Copy the backup to pc, and do system restore with pcc or sus.

Btw, wrong section:)
    have you tried android explorer
    its file manager for pc ad you can access phone memory

not sure if it will work but its worth a try