Bricked VS980, Lost IMEI and Modem, On it for 3 days, Will anyone HELP?

Search This thread

ShawnWiosna

Aug 25, 2011
Torrington
They say LG devices are unbrickable, But I beg to differ. Ive been up for three days , missed work and not eating cuz i just wont give up, I finally got my Verizon based G2 on another network just to brick the damn thing by stupidity. And whats worst, I wiped my modem and IMEI. I tried flashing stock using TOT both the 10B and 11A Firmware versions, But the phone keeps rebooting on ts own like its possessed (xcuse the spelling) TIRED!, Very Tired... Im about to lose my mind, If you could help or know anyone that can, greatly appreciate. I do have download mode and I know almost how to restore the IMEI, I need to flash a modem and Custom recovery but the damn phone never stays on long enough to do that. KDZ Method Im having trouble getting B2CAppSetup.exe to work (say cannot connect to Internet).
Please Help for Love of Phones. LOL
im rooted again but the phone keeps rebooting, i think the bootstack is the wrong one, but im not sure, can someone help?

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Sep 17, 2010
They say LG devices are unbrickable, But I beg to differ. Ive been up for three days , missed work and not eating cuz i just wont give up, I finally got my Verizon based G2 on another network just to brick the damn thing by stupidity. And whats worst, I wiped my modem and IMEI. I tried flashing stock using TOT both the 10B and 11A Firmware versions, But the phone keeps rebooting on ts own like its possessed (xcuse the spelling) TIRED!, Very Tired... Im about to lose my mind, If you could help or know anyone that can, greatly appreciate. I do have download mode and I know almost how to restore the IMEI, I need to flash a modem and Custom recovery but the damn phone never stays on long enough to do that. KDZ Method Im having trouble getting B2CAppSetup.exe to work (say cannot connect to Internet).
Please Help for Love of Phones. LOL

If your battery is dead, you are out of luck. You might as well get some sleep. It's a phone, not an important part of life.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
I've never had to take a phone back (knock on wood) but they'd be able to see that he rooted and what not. So kind of a general question, would it be best to delete some system file so the phone wouldn't boot at all? That way he could say it won't turn on and they (in theory) can't see the root?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SimsDelt

Aug 31, 2010
OP would need to TOT back and then return it. If he TOTs it will wipe it completely and reset the "Rooted" check in Recovery. OP... with no EFS backup you have a wifi only tablet now. There is no way to save your phone at all. TOT back to stock and take it in for warranty.

xemnas18

Jan 24, 2014
The other option is to send it to LG instead of verizon. Another user awhile back wiped his efs without a backup and he couldn't get to stock, so he sent it to LG and they replaced it. It's a better option than Verizon, unless you can get to stock unrooted.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

prateeksahoo

Jul 10, 2013
Mumbai
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Poco F1
isnt the VS980 supposed to be unlocked for GSM use ?

I am in India at the moment...i have 3 Verizon G2 phones...SIM cards work fine on 2 of them...On the third one...it does not detect the mobile network...sim is detected ,coz it gives no alert...and when i search for networks...the networks are shown...it just doesnt connect to the network...the sim cards work fine in other phones...in the other G2 phones and in a HTC DROID DNA...so its not the sim at fault....

Have tried multiple SIM cards from Vodafone/Loop Mobile/Airtel...none of them work on this particular phone..

When i search for networks...im getting networks...but cant connect to them...most times it shows error while searching for network...

What can be the problem ?

Fuse8499

Jul 4, 2009
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've never had to take a phone back (knock on wood) but they'd be able to see that he rooted and what not. So kind of a general question, would it be best to delete some system file so the phone wouldn't boot at all? That way he could say it won't turn on and they (in theory) can't see the root?

I actually did this about 6 months ago. Called LG and they told me that if they find any indication that I modified the phone in any way, I would be charged $300. So I screwed the phone up so bad that it wouldn't get past a black screen that said "null". Never got charged ;)

Reactions: njstein

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
I actually did this about 6 months ago. Called LG and they told me that if they find any indication that I modified the phone in any way, I would be charged $300. So I screwed the phone up so bad that it wouldn't get past a black screen that said "null". Never got charged ;)

Ha! Nice. Good to know as well!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.