[EMULATOR] CPSEmu 1.4 : CPS2 emulator for android

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Great! Thank you for the answer. I will install 1.1 and I will let you know how it goes.

Edit: ok, I installed 1.1 on my TF and you were somewhat right about the roms.... ironically, the ones that do run are the US clones. I actually have the (EUR) versions (full roms) and they spit out the error I told you earlier, but once I got the US clone file and ran that, it was good....

I think I may have found a bug. The key assignment....

I assigned hardware keys from my TF keyboard and only the Start, Coin, and dpad are being saved. None of the other 6 buttons get saved for some reason. I did it a few times over, turning off the program, etc and still nothing. I did notice that one of the changes you made included a tweak on this, so I am wondering if maybe something else got lost with the fix.

Looking better and MvsC runs like a champ!

Arg crap :/
The problem is a do not have a hardware keyboard or gamepad to test so it's very hard. I'll take a look tought.

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
Hi Great Emulator thank you, i have now paid for the full version.

Just to let you know i'm using the Sony Tablet S with a wireless Dualshock 3 and it runs perfectly and all the key assignments do save, no slowdown at all. Great work!! Cant wait for the Sony Tablet S ICS update so i can use it on my TV!! I had to merge all the US roms for sfa3 to get it to work.

Last edited:

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Will definitely give this a test when I get home. I'm looking forward to playing D&D: Shadows Over Mystara on my Touchpad!

Above poster seems to indicate that Dualshock controllers work. That's good to know. Do you have any plans to implement iCade support down the line? mame4droid has it working, but that doesn't support CPS2.

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
Marvel vs. Capcom throws me an error after it builds the cache folder and will not play.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

you might have to grab the other revisions and merge them all together, i had to merge 3 (US) street fighter alpha 3 roms together for it to work, one was 22 meg, one was 1.6meg and the other was 600k. I suppose it depends where you get the roms from.

TiltMasta

Mar 7, 2009
It now seems that every rom is now being registered as a clone after I performed a reflashed on my tablet I now can not play any games.

Sent from my SMARTPAD810C using XDA App

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
It now seems that every rom is now being registered as a clone after I performed a reflashed on my tablet I now can not play any games.

Sent from my SMARTPAD810C using XDA App

Hum then you probably have only clones :)

- Click the "search" button to see compatibility list
- Click the "clone" button (star wars button) to hide clones
- Click a rom to search it on google

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Managed to try it out last night. It ran D&D pretty well! Not too keen on the touch controls--I will probably use a bluetooth controller for hardware buttons--but I was impressed with how smooth it ran, especially considering that mame4droid runs older games at a crappier framerate.

Will future updates allow the program to run in portrait mode? I know it looks better in landscape, but portrait will be a must if I ever want this thing to work in my iCade mount.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Managed to try it out last night. It ran D&D pretty well! Not too keen on the touch controls--I will probably use a bluetooth controller for hardware buttons--but I was impressed with how smooth it ran, especially considering that mame4droid runs older games at a crappier framerate.

Will future updates allow the program to run in portrait mode? I know it looks better in landscape, but portrait will be a must if I ever want this thing to work in my iCade mount.

Yeah i'll work on that soon. I will also add 4 players via hardware buttons as requested. (in a week or two)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Yeah i'll work on that soon. I will also add 4 players via hardware buttons as requested. (in a week or two)

any chance of adding a shortcut key access to the game's dipstick/difficulty settings section? street fighter alpha/zero 3 seems pretty difficult to play with the default setting :(

TiltMasta

Mar 7, 2009
Hum then you probably have only clones :)

- Click the "search" button to see compatibility list
- Click the "clone" button (star wars button) to hide clones
- Click a rom to search it on google
Strange... I did nothing but re-flash my tablet and re-install the emulator and now every ROM I download is a clone. Do I need to clear some kind of data cache maybe?

riverstudd

Jan 1, 2011
The emulator is great. I've ran several different roms and they are all smooth and perfect running. The only problem I've encountered is when I receive a text through go SMS the on screen buttons stop responding. It seems like the select and start do but the d pad and buttons don't. DInc 2, ICS, overclocked, voltage -50

DebtMarkets

Nov 23, 2011
You are my hero. I've bought it from the market.

I've noticed that when I'm in a game and bring up the menu, that the still seems to be much sharper than in the game. Is that because a different filter/scaling algorithm is being applied?

Any chance of getting some options for different scaling algorithms? :)

Everything works perfectly on my Nexus Galaxy

Last edited:

chizzwhizz

Nov 22, 2009
Works great with the Transformer Prime. Using the Keyboard dock and the responsiveness is flawless. I can't wait to get home and try out my PS3 controller with this.

Great emulator...im having fun playing xmen vs street fighter at work :)

BradleyR2010

Jul 30, 2010
GT
awesome emulator loving it all working fine in my Galaxy S running ICS, just a quick suggestion can you prevent that the screen goes to sleep during cache building :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android.
    If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
    - You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
    - CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
    - Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Capcom Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. CPS2 games software sold separately. "Capcom" is a registered trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd. All individual games screen shots or audio that are simulated by CPSEmu software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used for the purpose of informing the customer of the software's functionality.

Changelog:
    =======
    • 1.4:
      • Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
    • 1.3:
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences
      • Fix a crash on Android 2.1 when launching a rom
      • Fix a crash with dialogs when screen orientation changes
      • Improve previews downloader
      • Some bug fix
    • 1.2:
      • fix background borders color (gray > black) on some devices
      • keep screen on while emulator is running
      • add switch button to in-game menu
      • switch kick and punch buttons for 6 buttons games
    • 1.1:
      • fix a crash when trying to run an unsupported rom
      • prevent the launch of a clone rom if it's parent is not in the rom directory
      • fix a crash when trying to assign hardware buttons twice in a row in preferences
      • fix (probably) problem with hardware key mapping (up/left/right/down)
      • should add android 3.0+ native compatibility

Cpasjuste said:
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
    - You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
    - CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
    - Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING A ROM
    - No roms are included with this emulator
    - Capcom is a registred trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd.

Not bad.. gave it a go on my transformer and just got 19xx to play. When creating the cache images of any other game like mvc, I kept on getting error messages, something about crc and CPU1 (sorry, I forgot exactly what the message said, but I will check later). The roms are ok as I know for a fact that they work.

One other thing is that I couldn't change directory and the device did not look on my SD card to see if the roms were there or not.

That said, 19xx plays butter smooth, although the on screen controls could be better (ie the cross pad a bit larger as it is very easy to run your fingers out of it). I still have to try with my TF keyboard though.

Good job otherwise. I will test on my EVO 3d and report back.
    Seems that without financial benefit, the dev has abandoned this project. Shame.

You are the shame ;)
    Don't worry about me developpement is not finnish, i just also have a life.

Will you be continuing development of CPSEmu and Neodroid in the future?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Yes I will. But I did recently focus on my final burn alpha port, you should give it a try ( search afba on xda forums)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Man, you made me register on this forum only to say THANK YOU MAN!
    I can play Marvel vs Capcom smoothly on my device now :D :D :D

PS:Sorry for the bad english, i'm actually brazilian so english isn't my mother language.