Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Hi,

I just saw this post in arc section: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508990

This explain how to unlock the fps limit in roms.

Here a how to:

In terminal:
Adb pull /system/build.prop

Then open build.prop with notepad++ and add this line in the button of the file:

debug.gr.swapinterval=0

Then save the file. (TIP: Make a Copy of the original build.prop file!)

And in ADB type:

Adb push build.prop /system/

And that is it!!

Please test it and report back!
or:
Code:
adb remount
adb shell
echo "debug.gr.swapinterval=0" >> /system/build.prop
reboot

This is going in next DFR release, 3.1.1

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
i tested it on my play.
and i get a fps of 65 (with doomkernel v10)
and with doomkernel v11 78FPS!!!

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
i am using quadrant standard for this..

no i don´t have any glitches.
if you get some i will try to fix that:)

Reactions: nfsmw_gr

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
i am using quadrant standard for this..

no i don´t have any glitches.
if you get some i will try to fix that:)
Using dualboot kernel here and I have bad frameskipping issues.
Regarding this, the device cannot truly run at more than 60fps (we have a 60Hz screen) so what will happen if you got 120 fps then you will only see 60 of the 120 frames, 60 will be skipped, so you still get the same viewable framerate :)

Keiran

Atarii

May 10, 2011
Do you mind explaining steps on what to do through the phone with terminal. I just want to make sure i am doing this right.

Thanks!

Open up a command prompt which can run adb then:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell copy /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak
adb shell echo "debug.gr.swapinterval=0" >> /system/build.prop
adb reboot

The phone should reboot and change be made :)

Selim873

Apr 8, 2011
Using dualboot kernel here and I have bad frameskipping issues.
Regarding this, the device cannot truly run at more than 60fps (we have a 60Hz screen) so what will happen if you got 120 fps then you will only see 60 of the 120 frames, 60 will be skipped, so you still get the same viewable framerate :)

Keiran

So let's say if we're using the device, and the homescreen looks like it's running at about 30FPS (I kinda got an eye for 30 vs 60), would using this tweak give it a jump in speed or just remove the limit cap only? I know what you mean by only getting 60FPS because of using a 60Hz screen. Just a thought.

Selim873

Apr 8, 2011
Swap interval usually means v-sync for computers but since this is a phone, I'm not sure why the refresh rate would be halved for 30 fps...

I'll have to test this out later.

If you were replying to what I said, I didn't mean the count being split in half in that way. Some launchers are heavier than others, so maybe if using a launcher with many widgets, causing framedrop, vs using Launcher7 or Zeam which are very lightweight.

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Swap interval usually means v-sync for computers but since this is a phone, I'm not sure why the refresh rate would be halved for 30 fps...

I'll have to test this out later.

You can enable vsync too, but I think most custom kernels don't contain the stuff to do it :)
It has really bugged out my screen, disabled it for now. If you are epileptic don't touch this :)

Sent from my R800i using DFR3.0.5 NAND + CM7 SELFKANG SD

If you were replying to what I said, I didn't mean the count being split in half in that way. Some launchers are heavier than others, so maybe if using a launcher with many widgets, causing framedrop, vs using Launcher7 or Zeam which are very lightweight.

Makes sense. I was just brainstorming.

You can enable vsync too, but I think most custom kernels don't contain the stuff to do it :)
It has really bugged out my screen, disabled it for now. If you are epileptic don't touch this :)

I have other GPU & UI tweaks built into build.prop. I'm curious to see how well all of them work together.

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
all these "tweaks"/"hacks" are useless for daily use...

i dont think we need Unlock FPS for Xperia 2011... we have 60 FPS limit which is fine as the UI is smooth...

these hacks are useful on devices like Xperia X10 where there is 30 FPS cap...

this has all been tested way back (almost a year back) and will just cause TONS of artifacts even with small things like menu scrolling...

Ref: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13644591&highlight=debug+gr+swapinterval#post13644591

the only use is to show high benchmark numbers :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts