Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

happybay

Apr 21, 2012
I got one with 100$ extra money... couldn't wait

While I wait for my pre-order from google to ship i just ordered one from staples with free one day delivery. Estimated delivery date was shows as either tuesday or wednesday but now when i check the order number it shows that there is a problem with my order that may prevent them from delivering on time. And under status it says "researching".

jimbob_me

Mar 4, 2010
Cardiff
UK customer here. Ordered my 16gb nexus 7 at 7.40am on the morning of 16th August. Received a despatched email at around 3pm the same day. Nexus was then delivered the following day at around 1pm in the afternoon.

Amazing delivery from google. I remember being very impressed by them in 2010 when i ordered my Nexus One and it got to me from California in 4 days, 2 of which were a weekend.

Back to the nexus. Absolutely loving it so far. The screen craps all over my iPad 2 and its obviously a lot faster. Ive had no problems so far, no screen flickering, no spongey screen. Awesome.

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
For all UK people.

I cannot recommend buying from Google Play store. It's a nightmare for after sales support, returns and more. I have an ongoing saga of simply wanting to return 2 faulty devices. All I need is the return labels which google supply via the post. A month later nearly, many weekly phone calls, escalation , still no labels and obviously no refund.

rowanparker

Apr 21, 2010
Yorkshire, UK
rowanparker.com
- Ordered 03/07
- Cancelled 13/07
- Despatched & money taken 18/07
- Requested both Google & TNT to return 25/07
- Actually returned-to-sender by TNT 30/07
- Refund email 17/08
- Money back 21/08

So finally my affair with this thread is over. It's been somewhat of a pleasure!

Ordered Sunday 19 August from Play store and scheduled to receive August 27.

So much for 3-5 days.

:eek:

I bought some from Walmart
Exchanged next day due to flickering backlight when brightness is set lower than %30 , second one doing same thing but at least the speaker better on this one.

So I ordered from Google play, and when that one gets here I will get a refund at Walmart for the one I have from there.:)
Just hope it doesn't take as long as what you're being told, mine said I was paying for two day shipping and no way to change that. Better NOT take a week to get here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we can be sure that gamestop is being forced to hold these because of the whiny crybabies who ordererd directly from Google?

We can be sure that you are a douche bag. That, we can be sure of.
    I've followed this for hundreds of pages, sat back and wondered why folk where getting themselves more and more chewed up about their Nexus 7 order. I ordered mine on the 4th from the Play Store - I'm based in the UK by the way. I sold my Kindle and my Blackberry Playbook (totally underated tablet by the way) to fund my Nexus purchase.

As time has gone on however it is more and more evident that the delivery is a shambles and the lack of communication from Google is terrible - the final straw was when Pcworld (the one in the UK) has now got them available for delivery, so I've taken the plunge, ordered one and paid to have it delivered tomorrow morning before 12pm. The total price is £209.98 - about a £1 more than the one ordered from Google. When that comes that will be getting put on Ebay.

The reason why I can't wait for it is because of something which I don't think anyone has touched upon so far. It's not because it is essential to my job - it's something a lot more important than that.

I was sat on the toilet and reached across for some reading material (which as we all know is a blokes God given RIGHT) and realised that I had NOTHING to read or do. No Kindle. No Playbook. NOTHING. And that isn't right. Next time I was shopping I bought an Android Magazine in preperation but when the time came it didn't feel right, it felt so 2000's and to be honest I couldn't stand it anymore, hence the PCWorld purchase.

Google employees won't be bothered about that though, I'm sure they are well and truly entertained in their Google HQ bogs but to us men who are mere mortals, having some quality me time in the lav is the only time we ever get to relax.

Google, if your reading this PLEASE pull your finger out and sort out this mess. Men AND Women around the world are asking for your help. Don't punish them any longer.
    Summary of the last week Order/Shipping of Nexus 7

It all started on one fine day at the end of June, Google announced that they would be pulling a High End tablet, at a budget tablet price and 50,000 (joking of course, referring to a previous post) of us were sent into a frenzy of ordering via Google Play.

Much of the below is speculation supported by evidence on the web.

- Google's intention was to ship Nexus 7 units to retail establishments on July 9, 10 arriving at their locations on July 12 for July 13 retail sale.
    - Googles intention was to ship all pre-orders that occurred in first phase (June 27-July 1) on July 9 for arrival on Wednesday July 11 well ahead of Retail sale.
    - Something happened and the PRE-ORDERS were not shipped. Retails orders were shipped as planned. Some speculate it was the magnet that Google was concerned would result in a court ordered stay on sales or possibly the update from 4.1 to 4.1.1 that caused the delay. Possibly even the hardware, dead pixel, WiFi (not as substantiated) issues that caused the delay, whatever the reason Pre-Orders by consumers did not ship.
    - Retail establishments were told DO NOT DISPLAY, SELL ANY DEVICE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Most Retails stores initially adhered to this request BUT some missed it or ignored it and the Nexus 7 was now in the hands of a few consumers, and word spread quickly. The slinky affect occurred in retail stores, if some are selling it why can't we.....and more stores began selling the devices.
    - On Friday July 13 Google realized it truly was a day of bad luck and rather then have both Retail consumers and Pre-Order consumers be upset they either officially or unofficially released the ban on sale and retailers released the flood gates on the 5 Nexus 7 devices they received.
    - Also on Friday July 13 Google believed they had a handle on the issue keeping them from shipping our Pre-Orders was under control, or at least they decided to start the shipping process for Ore-Orders which screwed up that process even more. There was no rhyme or reason to which pre-orders were released for shipment some were first phase, some were 8G/16G, none of orders included accessories. Some of the email sent were from the original label printing on July 9 (it was July 13, 14 by then) were sent on July 14, but one thing was for certain the PRE-ORDERS were hosed from July 9 and there was no sorting it out.
    - On Friday July 13 many of us purchased a Nexus 7 from retail establishments with disregard to our Google pre-orders. We will have two devices but that is not always a horrible thing. Demand is certain to be high for these devices next week and most of us have spent countless hours tracking these devices down so you may be able to recoup some of the financial loss by listing on Craiglist or Ebay or even here if you want to sell your second device.

WARNING!!! - It has been said that you will only get 1 $25 Play credit per GOOGLE User ID, please do not think this is by device or you will lose this opportunity. My advice is you purchased two devices you deserve two credits so go raise a separate GMAIL id and register your second device under that ID. Make your purchases in Google Play store and transfer your purchases to your primary account later.

FYI - There is another opportunity to get a $10 Google gift card. Go into the Google Wallet App on your new Nexus 7 and register. You will be informed that you will get a $10 Google Wallet gift card once registration is completed and sure enough right there in Google Wallet you will see your $10 gift card.

Most of all have fun playing with your Nexus 7, and hit the Thanks button on my post here is you enjoyed the above summary or if it was helpful. Feel free to make corrections or add anything I may have missed. Again the data here is gathered form this Forum, and other news outlets.

:laugh:
    I was told by a google employee that it will be sent in waves in order of when your order was places.

I was told that they would be sent in literal waves, encased in little boats that would float to your doorstep.
    After seeing how Google handled their stock offering and the way they are handling their pre-orders, I no longer want to have anything to do with them. I'll be leaving a note on my front door informing deliver guys that I refuse delivery of any shipments from Google or Asus.

I had wanted to try an android device but I'll stick to Apple from now on.

eb6.jpg