Any Note 5.3 users that purchased 10.1?

Search This thread

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I'm using both, and found it very useful for both.
I've just have it for 2 days, but with google auto-sync, I just have everything links well within my N7000, N8000, and my PC. Whichever device I use, it's the same.
But.... I love both device. Good combination for phone and tablet on your hands. :)

But, still... I'm being teased by Samsung for its N7100
:p
hahaha.

sumeet909

Jul 21, 2009
Reston, VA
I've got both as well. I still like to have the 5.3 for little notes for when I don't have access to my 10.1, plus its 100% reliable for me. I've been Bluetooth tethering to my 10.1 all day with no issues, the camera is top notch, no issues with the software, battery life is excellent, especially since its getting less use now. I thought about selling it for a Nexus, but I couldn't live without the great camera. I may go for an S3 if I can find a decent price on eBay, but otherwise I'll be satisfied with this for a while.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

How do you use bluetooth tethering? what app?

freedomispopular

Apr 25, 2011

Settings > More... > Tethering and portable hotspot
ae64c6a4-2622-b039.jpg

Reactions: sumeet909

lettucegoatee

Jul 5, 2010
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got original Note last November, and bought 10.1 today. Primarily for Spen and quad core, to replace my aging Asus Tf101, which I use for reference around home. Plan on doing daily sketches on the bigger screen.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

freedomispopular

Apr 25, 2011

codeman05

Oct 30, 2008
Dallas
I have both as well and so far finding it useful. Typically use the pad for notes in meetings and such, and the phablet for quick spur of the moment type situations.

I am however having a problem with syncing notes between the two and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
I have notes that I created on the tablet and synced with Google Docs. When I sync the phone with google docs, I can see the notes and the preview looks fine.
But when I attempt to edit the notes on the phone, they are all blank...

HOWEVER...Notes I create on the phone and sync over to the tablet work fine...

So that currently is a real PITA that I'm still working on. Anyone else seen anything similar?

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
As an Engineer whose using a lot of heavy engineering programing, i found my self using a lot of my laptop for my daily job. I have 5.3 n consider to use 10.1. For my daily job rutin im using both 5.3 (multimedia n calling) n my laptop (heavy n complicated programing which only window can support) to do my task.

But lets say i want to use 10.1 (multimedia n calling) with my laptop..does it sound awkward to u?? To use both the laptop n 10.1 at the same time will make me look weird n nerd..lol..compare to use laptop n 5.3 which still looks like a phone :p..im in dilemma to buy it or not..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

jaydubbbbs

Feb 15, 2012
New England
So, I'm ready to upgrade my antiquated galaxy s phone. I was all geared up to get the sgs3. Then I hear the note 2 is dropping on us cellular next month, could it be true? One can dream. Is two notes overkill? Im leading toward the note because of how smooth it is, and I fall into the bigger is better category.

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
So if I got the 3g I can pop my note sim in and set it up to work on my at&t ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Mister_Mxyzptlk

Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY
Are you getting much additional usage? Do you take both with you when you leave the house?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ewill48:

Well, I still technically own a GT-N7000. I would have gotten the SGH-I717, but it was early January and I didn't want to wait until late February when it was scheduled for release to get my Note. Plus, I didn't want a Note that had been neutered. A Snapdragon S3 is a poor substitute for an Exynos 4210... even if it has built-in LTE. The Exynos just smokes it in everything. Anyway, I let my wife start using my Note when I got my Galaxy S III (GT-I9300). But yes, I do own an original Note AND a Note 10.1. I also have a Nexus 7, but that went to the wife as well when I got my Note 10.1.

Anyway, to answer your question, I take my Galaxy S III and my Note 10.1 out with me whenever I go somewhere. And I can say with absolute certainty, that if I still used my Note (GT-N7000), I would totally carry it AND my Note 10.1 when I went out. Just think about it. Every time you sat down to use your Note 10.1 (because let's be honest, it really is a "sit-down" device), you could also take out your Note handset and swap back and forth between them with the same stylus (I know! I know! It's not a stylus. It's an S-Pen.). I haven't the slightest idea what series of events would lead to such a scenario; but when the time came, using the same stylus on both devices at the same time would definitely be a lot easier than having to put down and pick up a different stylus every time you switched to the other device. I'm sure that there are a plethora of situations in which it would be beneficial to have direct access to both devices simultaneously. In such a situation, cross-compatibility of the styli would be a major plus.

Furthermore, in addition to the whole stylus thing, both devices share a number of pre-installed Samsung apps specific to the "Note" family of devices. So content created in one of these apps on one device, should theoretically be readable and editable on the other device. For example, while at home, you begin to create an elaborate photo album on your Note 10.1 that you eventually plan to export as a *.pdf and share with friends and family. Unfortunately, you are unable to finish in time and have to leave and catch a plane or train or bus or something. So, by some as-of-yet unrevealed means, you transfer your work-in-progress to your Note handset, go hop on your boat or spaceship or balloon or something, open up your work-in-progress on your Note handset, and proceed to complete your project. All of this was made possible by the fact that you chose to purchase a Note 10.1 to compliment your Note handset... or vice versa. In any case, having both devices on hand allowed you to save the day, get the girl, and meet the president to receive a congressional medal of kick-assery. Cool, right!?

Okay, so maybe having both devices on hand is not a life-altering experience. However, it is very handy to have them at the ready when you need one or both of them. So, I'm quite content with my decision to purchase a Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013) having already purchased a Galaxy Note (GT-N7000). Since you appear to be a Galaxy Note (SGH-I717) owner already, I assume you're contemplating purchasing a Galaxy Note 10.1. Well, you couldn't make a better purchase. It's an absolutely wonderful device. I hope you get one of your own.

Anyway, I hope that helped. Take care and have a good one man!

Later,
Edward (Mister_Mxyzptlk)

P.S.: My fellow Android enthusiasts in the states... please take a few moments out of your day today to appreciate the things in this world you most take for granted. Take a moment and appreciate life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Remember the WTC. Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
I decided to go for it. Will try it my self. If i dont like it, i will just return it. Will pick it up this evening :D

Edit: after 4 days usage of this 10.1 beast among the beast!! (today is 16 sep) I can say im starting to ditch my 5.3..lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

pp18

Oct 26, 2007
Hong Kong
another 2-note owner here.

Furthermore, in addition to the whole stylus thing, both devices share a number of pre-installed Samsung apps specific to the "Note" family of devices. So content created in one of these apps on one device, should theoretically be readable and editable on the other device. For example, while at home, you begin to create an elaborate photo album on your Note 10.1 that you eventually plan to export as a *.pdf and share with friends and family. Unfortunately, you are unable to finish in time and have to leave and catch a plane or train or bus or something. So, by some as-of-yet unrevealed means, you transfer your work-in-progress to your Note handset, go hop on your boat or spaceship or balloon or something, open up your work-in-progress on your Note handset, and proceed to complete your project. All of this was made possible by the fact that you chose to purchase a Note 10.1 to compliment your Note handset... or vice versa. In any case, having both devices on hand allowed you to save the day, get the girl, and meet the president to receive a congressional medal of kick-assery. Cool, right!?

This did happen to me. I was helping my sister to find something from the internet. The split screen feature of note tablet made it easy for me to copy and paste findings to s note. Considering my sister is also a note phone owner, I mailed her the written note in snb format and cc myself. An hour later when I was out on public transport, I had new ideas and wanted to add more notes. It was so convenient that I could simply bring out my note phone to edit the file and mailed a revised copy to my sister. :cool:

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
I had it for some days and i can confirm that you csn continue your job from the one to the other but unfortunately the N7000 got me more so i was worked more on that.
For some reason imo the small note do the job better as it more flexible to handle while on the run cause tge big one you have to carry it in a bag.
Anyway this is just personal opinion.
I preffer more the phablet from the tablet and maybe i ll purchase the new model just for the vetter s pen only.....of course for the specs also....
For anyone want the 10.1 i have to tell that is a hell of machine with massive oportunities and pkenty of flexibility. Just buy the 3g version....

) ) ) over the air on Galaxy Note ( ( (

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
I have and use both.

I do like the feel of the 10.1 Note pen better (after I swapped out the felt tip nub on the 10.1). The 10.1 pen also feels a bit better in the hand. Samsung could have done a bit better here by incorporating some rubber-like material at the holding location.

WACOM pens from Motion Computing (series LE1600 onword) seem to work pretty good are larger and have great feel.

If a 10.1" OLED had been used... :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its a perfect combo....
    Love my note family...
    Now waiting for note 2
    : P

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    Are you getting much additional usage? Do you take both with you when you leave the house?

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ewill48:

Well, I still technically own a GT-N7000. I would have gotten the SGH-I717, but it was early January and I didn't want to wait until late February when it was scheduled for release to get my Note. Plus, I didn't want a Note that had been neutered. A Snapdragon S3 is a poor substitute for an Exynos 4210... even if it has built-in LTE. The Exynos just smokes it in everything. Anyway, I let my wife start using my Note when I got my Galaxy S III (GT-I9300). But yes, I do own an original Note AND a Note 10.1. I also have a Nexus 7, but that went to the wife as well when I got my Note 10.1.

Anyway, to answer your question, I take my Galaxy S III and my Note 10.1 out with me whenever I go somewhere. And I can say with absolute certainty, that if I still used my Note (GT-N7000), I would totally carry it AND my Note 10.1 when I went out. Just think about it. Every time you sat down to use your Note 10.1 (because let's be honest, it really is a "sit-down" device), you could also take out your Note handset and swap back and forth between them with the same stylus (I know! I know! It's not a stylus. It's an S-Pen.). I haven't the slightest idea what series of events would lead to such a scenario; but when the time came, using the same stylus on both devices at the same time would definitely be a lot easier than having to put down and pick up a different stylus every time you switched to the other device. I'm sure that there are a plethora of situations in which it would be beneficial to have direct access to both devices simultaneously. In such a situation, cross-compatibility of the styli would be a major plus.

Okay, so maybe having both devices on hand is not a life-altering experience. However, it is very handy to have them at the ready when you need one or both of them. So, I'm quite content with my decision to purchase a Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013) having already purchased a Galaxy Note (GT-N7000). Since you appear to be a Galaxy Note (SGH-I717) owner already, I assume you're contemplating purchasing a Galaxy Note 10.1. Well, you couldn't make a better purchase. It's an absolutely wonderful device. I hope you get one of your own.

Anyway, I hope that helped. Take care and have a good one man!

Later,
    Edward (Mister_Mxyzptlk)

P.S.: My fellow Android enthusiasts in the states... please take a few moments out of your day today to appreciate the things in this world you most take for granted. Take a moment and appreciate life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Remember the WTC. Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Both these puppies rock and are in a league of their own! I use both and could never be happier...These devices are unique and I can't see myself changing to anything else. Can't wait for the note 2.

Settings > More... > Tethering and portable hotspot
    ae64c6a4-2622-b039.jpg