[MOD]Bootanimation4U - Add custom bootanimation to any rom

Search This thread

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
Will I be able to use romtoolbox to get different boot animations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
Will I be able to use romtoolbox to get different boot animations?

I have never used romtoolbox but I would think it uses the same setup. So for installing them I would say yes it should work.

@seeker how big is samsungani if its mine it should be less than a kilobyte. Im trying to determine if it installed properly.

Reactions: seeking

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
Im gonna give it a shot ill report back...im only using it cause I got it, and it saves me threw going threw xda and looking for them

K tryed romtoolbox it works however i cant seem to get the resizing to work....make a backup people!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

O and great work by the way

Last edited:

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
I have never used romtoolbox but I would think it uses the same setup. So for installing them I would say yes it should work.

@seeker how big is samsungani if its mine it should be less than a kilobyte. Im trying to determine if it installed properly.

73 bytes

and thanks

im pretty sure its yours. when i open it with a text editor it says this in the file:

#!/system/bin/sh
#Bootanimation4U
#smokin1337

/system/bin/bootanimation

smokin1337

Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
73 bytes

and thanks

im pretty sure its yours. when i open it with a text editor it says this in the file:

#!/system/bin/sh
#Bootanimation4U
#smokin1337

/system/bin/bootanimation

Did you flash the included bootanimation ? If not try it and see if it works. Maybe the one you have now isnt working.

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
Did you flash the included bootanimation ? If not try it and see if it works. Maybe the one you have now isnt working.

what i did was this:

rebooted into recovery and flashed bootanimation4u, then I immediately flashed the gears bootanimation. i rebooted and got the blank screen.

i'm rooted, but do i need to unlock a boot loader or something for this to work? maybe the bootloader is already unlocked as part of the root...i dont know how that side of things works. I feel like im the only guy whose note isnt letting him change the boot animation so there's gotta be something I'm missing...i would think....this is the first device that ive had issues changing the bootanimation on though....nexus 1, s2, note 1, nexus 7....all completed with no issues

Should I have a bootanimation file under system/bin because I don't

bootanimation under system/media is confirmed as google gears though

Last edited:

smokin1337

Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
what i did was this:

rebooted into recovery and flashed bootanimation4u, then I immediately flashed the gears bootanimation. i rebooted and got the blank screen.

i'm rooted, but do i need to unlock a boot loader or something for this to work? maybe the bootloader is already unlocked as part of the root...i dont know how that side of things works. I feel like im the only guy whose note isnt letting him change the boot animation so there's gotta be something I'm missing...i would think....this is the first device that ive had issues changing the bootanimation on though....nexus 1, s2, note 1, nexus 7....all completed with no issues

Yea its odd. You did everything right and it should be working.

Root is only needed to edit the files. You could try a diff rom or reflash your current rom and try again. Not sure at this point.

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
Yea its odd. You did everything right and it should be working.

Root is only needed to edit the files. You could try a diff rom or reflash your current rom and try again. Not sure at this point.

I wonder if it's the phone...it didnt work on stock ROM or Jedi X; however, Jedi X did come with it's own bootscreen which was different from the stock one and it displayed fine. Thanks for all the help though I appreciate it. Could you check to see if you have a bootanimation file under system/bin though?

smokin1337

Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
I wonder if it's the phone...it didnt work on stock ROM or Jedi X; however, Jedi X did come with it's own bootscreen which was different from the stock one and it displayed fine. Thanks for all the help though I appreciate it. Could you check to see if you have a bootanimation file under system/bin though?

Yes I do the script directs to it and it should be in every android build.

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
Yes I do the script directs to it and it should be in every android build.

I do not have a bootanimation file under system/bin

would you mind uploading yours so that I can copy it to mine? perhaps that missing file is what the problem is

bbobarino

Jun 27, 2011
pawtucket
So this works on the t999 deodexed stock ROMs even with the stock jb kernal
Without boot animation support?
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Flashed Bootanimation4U.zip on "Redemption v3.1" Rom on my Note 10.1 and work.
I see now the Redemption Bootanimation.
Thanks

jrose2002

Oct 6, 2011
Longview
Sound, splash screen, boot down and charge animations

Thank for the advice on boot animation could you also instruct me on how to change/add sound to boot up and down, how to change the charge animation and the splash screen then well really be working with something.

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
Will this enable boot sound??? all the Stock Base Roms that I've used don't have the boot sound enabled.... I'm using a t-mobile's Galaxy S3 with latest JB Stock baseRom

ReelFiles

Jan 29, 2012
Wrong Island
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Awesome!
1. Make a backup just in case.
2. Flash bootanimation4u.zip from recovery (I use TWRP).
3. Reboot and install Boot Animations Root from the Play Store.
4. Go into the app's preferences and change install location to /system/media/ and leave the default filename (bootanimation.zip) and go back to the main screen.
5. Select any bootanimation from the Server tab and hit Install. (Tablet ones at the bottom of the list look best.)
6. Select the installed bootanimation again and hit Resize. Set it to 720x1280 30FPS.
7. Tap the options key and select Preview current. Make sure you like it and reboot.

I use the Tablet - Shatter one, it looks like the one from the Jedi Roms, but higher quality.

If you preview a few different ones and then decide to use one you downloaded earlier, delete it first then install and resize it again, or the preview will just be a black screen and might not work at all.

I believe you can preview before installing the animation if you buy the Pro version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will add the ability to use a custom bootanimation on any rom with any kernel and probably any samsung device.

It has been tested on the Note II but should work with any samsung device that uses samsungani to load boot animations. If it doesn't work for you please post here.

Uses the typical settings bootanimation is at /system/media/bootanimation.zip, this is for those using a stock rom or a rom the dev didn't add it in.

I included the Google Gears bootanimation too. Flash the file in recovery. The attachment is a flashable zip not bootanimation.zip.

The updater-script uses busybox to mount the partitions, so if it doesn't flash correctly install busybox from an app on the play store then try again.

Edited the attachment, now includes the bootanimation binary just in case in bootanimation4u.zip, there is also another one named Bootanimation4U.Samsungani.Only that only edits samsungani.

If /system/bin/bootanimation exists flash the Bootanimation4U.Samsungani.Only.zip

How to use:

Add bootanimation.zip to /system/media

Flash Bootanimation4U.zip in recovery

If you want sound add an ogg file named PowerOn.ogg to /system/media/audio/ui, if sound doesn't work be sure /system/bin/samsungpowersoundplay exists if its there it will play sound if not its not included in your rom download it HERE then put it where it belongs and fix the perms which should be rwxr-xr-x

Reboot...Enjoy

Here is a method to get some bootanimations thanks to ReelFiles:

Awesome!
    4. Go into the app's preferences and change install location to /system/media/ and leave the default filename (bootanimation.zip) and go back to the main screen.
    5. Select any bootanimation from the Server tab and hit Install. (Tablet ones at the bottom of the list look best.)
    6. Select the installed bootanimation again and hit Resize. Set it to 720x1280 30FPS.
    7. Tap the options key and select "Preview current" Make sure you like it and reboot.

I use the Tablet - Shatter one, it looks like the one from the Jedi Roms, but higher quality.

If you Preview a few different ones and then decide to use one you downloaded earlier, delete it first then install and resize it again, or the preview will just be a black screen and might not work at all.

I believe you can preview before installing the animation if you buy the Pro version.

Check out a video tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4Rsdgtc0I

A couple of original and/or recently adapted animations here :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2037324

Just in case....

This mod is CleanROM 4.0 compatible !!

If you use/like it don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread !!
    hi OP,
    why didnt you just use my flashzips?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1897969
    check post #4 especially..

ive checked out your flash file, and you made it extracting the files, which isnt that good..
    and here is why:

the files youve packed down that is extracted can work on many devices, but you can come to point where it wont..
    because of the fileversion.. the first flashzip ive made was with the same method, but then there was some base update for my android, and then it didnt work.. also, if google does some improvements to the file, then the users wont be getting those, as they will be stock with the ones youre providing.. just saying..

well, ive made 2 flash files, one for enable and one for disable.. the enable zip uses commands to copy a backup (just in case sh*t goes wrong), copy bootanimation file to samsungani.. and the disable zip copies back the backup file to samsungani.. and the only thing required for this to work is busybox..

that way you, and the users, will have the most current fileversion, and is guaranteed to work for their particular device..
    and my flash zips are reported to be working on the note2 as well, and other devices too..
    Awesome!
    7. Tap the options key and select Preview current. Make sure you like it and reboot.

If you preview a few different ones and then decide to use one you downloaded earlier, delete it first then install and resize it again, or the preview will just be a black screen and might not work at all.

So we just flash the boot4u in recovery, and what about boot animation? Sorry, im just alittle confuse! Just want to make sure i do it right! ! Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Yes flash the bootanimation4u then flash gears bootanim right after.

Anyone tried this on a 4.2.2 ROM or more specifically on an S4?

use mine, link is in my description.. just use the 4.2.1 one, that works with 4.2.2 as well..
    cheers