HeaderRootbox2.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help
while using this specific ROM.​
[/SIZE]

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Optimus G Vanilla RootBox [UNOFFICIAL]

PLEASE make sure to thank developer for the dedication to this ROM

*​

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter.

Last edited:

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
737 miles from where I was
Keep posts/threads on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
Q&A Forums - For all question threads / posts. If there is no Q&A forum use the device General Forum
Accessories subforum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the phone model
Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to Kernels, Bootloaders, ROMs, etc.
Themes and Apps Forums - For themers to post Themes and App. announcements & discussions including modifications made to Apps and Themes.

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
How do you turn off pie controls? Pie + buttons = bleh lol.

sorry not really much I can do.. there are a lot of those same questions over on the N4 and other forums related to it.. Im sure or think there is some sort of workaround until it gets resolved.. most issues we encounter , I'm limited to but i'll try to resolve as much as I can that's more related to our phones

Reactions: Brijar

STravers

Dec 18, 2008
Alright what would be the difference between an unofficial version of this and official. I'm familiar with flashing roms from my experience with my Galaxy s2. Basically in all the roms would work well for awhile then after lets say a few months they would gradually become more and more glitchy. Im on a rooted Official JB software on my Optimus G unlocked to T-Mobile. I kept myself from flashing roms as soon as I got the phone because i felt as though stock would have the smoothest experience. So I guess my question is will flashing this AOKP prove a more stable experience than stock or will it be very glitchy. Things such as GPS,Wifi,games ETC I would like to work smooth as the stock.

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Alright what would be the difference between an unofficial version of this and official. I'm familiar with flashing roms from my experience with my Galaxy s2. Basically in all the roms would work well for awhile then after lets say a few months they would gradually become more and more glitchy. Im on a rooted Official JB software on my Optimus G unlocked to T-Mobile. I kept myself from flashing roms as soon as I got the phone because i felt as though stock would have the smoothest experience. So I guess my question is will flashing this AOKP prove a more stable experience than stock or will it be very glitchy. Things such as GPS,Wifi,games ETC I would like to work smooth as the stock.

I have no trouble with the things I use it for. I do not use NFC and I don't play games. I don't think NFC works, and turning off pie controls is not possible yet which is great if you use them.

Other than that, this is hands down my favorite ROM on the LGOG. All of these custom ROM's will have occasional glitches as they are always a work in progress. If you want 100% everything working, I suggest you stick to stock. However, camera, photosphere, flash, audio, Bluetooth, gps, etc...all work great. It is definitely a daily driver.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Murasakiii

Feb 23, 2011
Portland
I have no trouble with the things I use it for. I do not use NFC and I don't play games. I don't think NFC works, and turning off pie controls is not possible yet which is great if you use them.

Other than that, this is hands down my favorite ROM on the LGOG. All of these custom ROM's will have occasional glitches as they are always a work in progress. If you want 100% everything working, I suggest you stick to stock. However, camera, phitisphere, flash, audio, Bluetooth, gps, etc...all work great. It is definitely a daily driver.

Do you recommend Banks Gapps then, instead of just plain Gapps, because of photosphere?

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
yeah, if you want photosphere working, you'll have to go that route

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Works for me, yeah. Also, you probably need to tap the screen to auto focus. That usually guarantees my flash will work.

Edit: I linked to the BaNks gapps w/photosphere that I always use on the first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: TangoXray

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
If you need LGNPST, go to the irc chat channel: #lg-optimus-g

At the top of that chat room you'll see listed a link for the LGNPST download and instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for
    Questions & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

houstonn's[ROM] Optimus G Vanilla RootBox [UNOFFICIAL]
    HeaderRootbox2.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
    This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help
    while using this specific ROM.​
    [/SIZE]

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Optimus G Vanilla RootBox [UNOFFICIAL]

PLEASE make sure to thank developer for the dedication to this ROM

*​

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter.
    How do you turn off pie controls? Pie + buttons = bleh lol.

I don't think you can yet. we've tried for a few builds now and can't seem to get it to fully turn off. I usually just move it to the left side.

Is the T9 dialer working for you guys? It hasn't worked for me for the last couple of builds. Would love it if someone had a fix (or if you could recommend an alternative dialer to use in the meantime).

Obviously you dirty flashed (which is unsupported) and had you clean flashed every last couple of builds it would of worked. If you dirty flash and it doesn't work, would it make sense that the next build after you dirty flash that it would? If anyone dirty flashes and has problems! What is the first thing ppl do ? They try and clear cache. So go and clear cache for contacts storage and contacts app.

Ppl tend to say it takes too long to fresh install and do a clean wipe, yet it takes them sometimes hours to post wait for answer or searching for a fix when a fresh install could of saved all that time and trouble and may possibly be done in a quicker time

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
    Does Rootbox not support exFAT? If so, is there anyway I can enable it? I just tried a 32GB SanDisk Ultra HC1 microSD, formatted in exFAT, and it showed up as blank.

EDIT: I'm on stock kernel, if that makes a difference, running the latest build (5/13) of Vanilla Rootbox. Should I switch to Houcha kernel?

No, it is not natively supported in any aosp Rom. Nor is it dependent on your kernel. Yes, you can enable it.
    You can use this:
    Exfat sd in aosp
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2181460

You'll need to flash it each time you upgrade your ROM.
    LPP

The geeb is for e970 att , geehcr must be for Canadian phones.

Geehrc is for 13mp cam . like all the E975 E977 E976 international lgog

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 2