[Q] Problems here, problems there, problems everywhere.

Search This thread

hdsqtek

Apr 3, 2007
I am much appreciated for all for the advices !

What he said is probably the best advice you can get right now. If working it's an excellent device and whatever you decide, do not order it online.

This is another problem because I am tempted to buy it online this time since is a lot cheaper. (800 euro local store vs 550 euro online) It is too much difference. But if the unit have some problem and the probabilities are high it will be a pain to resolve it.

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
Someone said there is a International warranty of 1 year on the device if you have a receipt. I am in the same situation, I do not buy the phone online, I pickup the phone in a small store but in different country in europe. Now if I have to go via warranty I don't know where I have to go.

Store is saying that I should leave the device and if found faulty parts will be charged. I dont have trust regarding sending my phone for repair to a non sony service center since it always happens that when the phone arrives it becomes worse and I'm charged for money and parts are missing.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I am much appreciated for all for the advices !

This is another problem because I am tempted to buy it online this time since is a lot cheaper. (800 euro local store vs 550 euro online) It is too much difference. But if the unit have some problem and the probabilities are high it will be a pain to resolve it.

Lesson that I learned is that when buying online it's a hit or miss. If you hit then you're good since you spent almost half of the original price. But for miss then you'll be spending more.

If you bought it from a Sony Store, yes the price is steep but you get what you pay for. You can replace the unit and the service is guaranteed.

Online stores sell it cheap since it does not simply have Sony Warranty, so what you get by the steep price is the warranty itself.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Lesson that I learned is that when buying online it's a hit or miss. If you hit then you're good since you spent almost half of the original price. But for miss then you'll be spending more.

If you bought it from a Sony Store, yes the price is steep but you get what you pay for. You can replace the unit and the service is guaranteed.

Online stores sell it cheap since it does not simply have Sony Warranty, so what you get by the steep price is the warranty itself.

This is absolutely true. Even if you don't buy the phone in a Sony Store you can buy the phone in any Electronic Store. It's work in the same way, when you have problem you can go directly to the Store and complain and do not spend even a cent. Online is risky but that don't mean you can't find the honest one.