The "Help I bricked my Lumia"-Thread

Search This thread

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
There is a thread somewhere called How to recover a dead Lumia 800. I can post a link when I'm at my computer later...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Reactions: Czechnolog

Simon5558

Apr 22, 2010
Montreal, QC
HI i have a problem with my lumia 710. I wanted to install the tango update from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415 with wp7 update cab sender. Everything went well with the install finishing until it reboots. Now it just sits there in a boot loop (nokia logo).

It vibrates when i power it and the hard reset too and NSS can't find my phone. It does say qualcomm in the device manager...

Can any of you help me? thank you

kingcartwright

Aug 20, 2010
Liverpool
www.about.me
Lumia 710

1. How dead is your phone:
Does it vibrate when you hold the on/off button?
No
If not: leave your phone on the originale charger (with the supplied cable) for 8 to 10 hours and try again.
Done, Still nothing
Does it vibrate when you hold the volume-down+power+camer button?
No
Are you able to enter the Qualcomm mode?
No

2. Details about the flashing process
What operating system did you use to flash your phone?
If you are running Linux and you are able to enter Qualcomm mode connect your Lumia in Qualcomm mode. Create a list of the lumias partitions (fdisk -l) and include it in your post.
Do you remember the command you used to flash the phone?
Sometimes you can Access the previous commands on the command prompt by pressing the up-arrow on your keyboard
Do you remember the output of the dd command?
What ROM did you flash?
Did you perform a hardreset after flashing?
I was using Windows 8, but have Linux Also.

I completed the steps in vova1609 's thread: How to upgrade to Nokia DLOAD

it was all fine I did what it said on the thread mentioned above unplugged from me computer and the phone went off straight away and hasn't come back on since.

I don't if the battery has been completely drained when I've been following them steps and it hasn't charged while its been plugged into the computer and as soon as i've unplugged it its gone off and hasn't got enough power to tell the phone to charge as that happend to Lumia's before Nokia did the battery fix

3. Additional info:
Do you have a Nokia Care Point or carrier store nearby?
Nearest One is about an hour on the train away
Did you create dumps/backups of the partitions before flashing the ROM?
Did't get that far but no
Have you ever used NCS or some other tools to flash firmware to the device?
No, but I have used NCS many times when I had a Lumia 800 with no problem

Last edited:

Skrypek

Apr 10, 2012
Warszawa
Gyus, I need help - after downgrading FW from 12140 back to 12072, REFURBISH failed.
I used Nokia Care Suite.

Now, I have Lumia 800 stucks on Nokia logo and nothing works.
PC does not detect it, I tried resets, but w/o success.
It vibrates, but it stays on Nokia logo screen.

Please, can you help me?

Try Programming->Recover instead of Refurbish in NCS. It will instruct you to hold VolUp while powering on, and that should result in a short vibration followed by:
a) If you have the proper Nokia DLOAD botloader, NCS should start flashing the phone.
b) If you have the nasty Qualcomm bootloader, Windows will ask if you wanna format a new removable drive - it is crucial that you don't, or you will brick your phone totally. In this case however you are still screwed, cause you can't flash with NCS.

verga87

Jun 13, 2012
I have a lumia 710, unlocked with rainbow. Now I try to flash the custom rom lumiatrix 4.1,
with the same procedure of rainbow, using ubuntu, but at the end of the process when I tried doing the reset, the phone stays on the screen Nokia.

if I push the power button, it vibrate and it remains on the screen nokia, can be connected in qualcomm mode in ubuntu, if I push the power button and volume down camera shake and remains on screen nokia.

verga87

Jun 13, 2012
sorry for the consecutive post, but someone can suggest what to do? because if you say there's nothing more to do, I send the phone for repair, or any other solution would be much better. :confused::confused::confused:

CaLaBeRa

Apr 20, 2010
Hi everyone!

In my case my Lumia 710 works and it's able to enter in the qualcomm mode(by pressing volume up and powering it on). The problem is that since I flashed the RainbowMod the NSS Pro doesn't detect my mobile(neither the Nokia Care Suite). I haven't done any backup and I would like to be able to install more ROMS or at least go back to the original firmware.

Thank you!

mo_12

May 13, 2011

Yes, it vibrates when I hold down the power button for 10+ seconds. After I release the power button there is a 1-2 second delay, then the phone vibrates a long vibration but does nothing after.

Also does short vibration when plugged to PC and begins to install drivers. Ends up saying USB Input Device but I cannot find it in device manager or my computer or through Zune.
No, I do not think so. It vibrates like above, but I think that is because the power button is being held down.

Linux (Ubuntu), entered Quallcomm mode and flashed rainbowmod 1.4 and amssadsp.img_part3.

sudo dd if=./amssadsp.img_part3 of=/dev/sdb3
sudo dd if=./os-new.nb of=/dev/sdb9

sudo dd if=./amssadsp.img_part3 of=/dev/sdb3 - Output stated the file size transferred and the transfer speed (~220 mb/s)
sudo dd if=./os-new.nb of=/dev/sdb9 - Output stated the file size transferred and the transfer speed (~1.5 mb/s)

What ROM did you flash?
RainbowMod v 1.4 and amssadsp.img_part3

Tried to but did not work; no response except for long vibration after letting go of all three buttons (would not vibrate while they were all held down).

3. Additional info:

Not sure.
No
No

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
I have a lumia 710, unlocked with rainbow. Now I try to flash the custom rom lumiatrix 4.1,
with the same procedure of rainbow, using ubuntu, but at the end of the process when I tried doing the reset, the phone stays on the screen Nokia.

if I push the power button, it vibrate and it remains on the screen nokia, can be connected in qualcomm mode in ubuntu, if I push the power button and volume down camera shake and remains on screen nokia.

Are you sure that you have flashed it to the right partition? Have you tried to redownload and reflash lumiatrix? Could be that something got screwed up during the write process.

Hi everyone!

In my case my Lumia 710 works and it's able to enter in the qualcomm mode(by pressing volume up and powering it on). The problem is that since I flashed the RainbowMod the NSS Pro doesn't detect my mobile(neither the Nokia Care Suite). I haven't done any backup and I would like to be able to install more ROMS or at least go back to the original firmware.

Thank you!

Have you tried deinstalling and reinstalling the drivers? Have you tried another version of NSS?

Yes, it vibrates when I hold down the power button for 10+ seconds. After I release the power button there is a 1-2 second delay, then the phone vibrates a long vibration but does nothing after.

Also does short vibration when plugged to PC and begins to install drivers. Ends up saying USB Input Device but I cannot find it in device manager or my computer or through Zune.
No, I do not think so. It vibrates like above, but I think that is because the power button is being held down.

Linux (Ubuntu), entered Quallcomm mode and flashed rainbowmod 1.4 and amssadsp.img_part3.

sudo dd if=./amssadsp.img_part3 of=/dev/sdb3
sudo dd if=./os-new.nb of=/dev/sdb9

sudo dd if=./amssadsp.img_part3 of=/dev/sdb3 - Output stated the file size transferred and the transfer speed (~220 mb/s)
sudo dd if=./os-new.nb of=/dev/sdb9 - Output stated the file size transferred and the transfer speed (~1.5 mb/s)

What ROM did you flash?
RainbowMod v 1.4 and amssadsp.img_part3

Tried to but did not work; no response except for long vibration after letting go of all three buttons (would not vibrate while they were all held down).

3. Additional info:

Not sure.
No
No

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Its hard to tell what went wrong. You can try to check the Unlock Thread for a dump of the third partition and reflash that (assuming that you are still able to enter Qualcomm mode).

UnknownModder

Jun 10, 2013
Does it vibrate when you hold the on/off button? No
Does it vibrate when you hold the volume-down+power+camer button? No
Are you able to enter the Qualcomm mode? No

What operating system did you use to flash your phone? Windows 7
Do you remember the command you used to flash the phone? No
Do you remember the output of the dd command? No
What ROM did you flash? I was installing the Qualcomm Bootloader
Did you perform a hardreset after flashing? No

3. Additional info:
Do you have a Nokia Care Point or carrier store nearby? No
Did you create dumps/backups of the partitions before flashing the ROM? No
Have you ever used NCS or some other tools to flash firmware to the device? No

MariaEstudante

Jan 25, 2012
Does it vibrate when you hold the on/off button? No
Does it vibrate when you hold the volume-down+power+camer button? No
Are you able to enter the Qualcomm mode? No

What operating system did you use to flash your phone? Windows 7
Do you remember the command you used to flash the phone? No
Do you remember the output of the dd command? No
What ROM did you flash? I was installing the Qualcomm Bootloader
Did you perform a hardreset after flashing? No

3. Additional info:
Do you have a Nokia Care Point or carrier store nearby? No
Did you create dumps/backups of the partitions before flashing the ROM? No
Have you ever used NCS or some other tools to flash firmware to the device? No

Same over here. Really dead... can someone help?:confused:

Thanks in advance :good:

2Radon

Feb 17, 2013
  • It vibrates when I hold the on/off button and turns on showing nothing but the NOKIA logo, possibly repeating this over and over
  • It is now QUALCOMM, but I can and have tried changing it back to DLOAD with Chimera and now back to QUALCOMM

2. Details about flashing process:
  • Used Windows 7 Enterprise (SP1) 64-bit
  • Flashed RainbowMod 2.2, the L800 - RM801 file from downloads there.
  • I used Chimera and did all the steps as described in this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681591
  • A little note that it didn't go as straightforward as written in the guide, but all it took was a few more restarts (to restart into the phone OS with tiles and apps), for example, when I needed to turn on the phone and connect to the PC for NssPro to detect Normal Mode and WP7 Qualcomm options.
  • After all the flashing steps, at the point when I had to turn on the phone and see the new ROM all it did and ever since has been doing is that brick - stuck at NOKIA logo and doing nothing.
  • In attempts to fix the brick I went back to DLOAD and re-did the whole guide as possible, but I couldn't boot into the phone's OS, so did it anyway
  • Tried flashing RainbowMod 2.2 with the weirdly created "download" program found in downloads at the RainbowMod 2.2 thread. It says "download", but I assume it was meant flashing, but nothing different anyway!
  • Tried flashing FunkyRom Lite 1.0 with NssPro in the same way as described in the guide, but no difference at all

3. Additional info:
  • I think it is discharging all battery when left at the NOKIA logo, although the phone never gets warm/hot
  • I cant really turn it off - when resetting with Volume Down and Power buttons it turns on with a vibration and resumes the pointless NOKIA logo displaying
  • Backed it up before I did anything with Wp7EasyBackup as said in the guide, though nothing more, since someone gave this phone to me and nothing else was needed
  • Right at this moment the phone refuses to connect to USB in OSBL for me to mess more with it using Chimera, but vibrates sometimes and keeps showing the NOKIA logo when connected to the charger.
  • I have searched for solutions but soldering is not an option for me as I won't be attempting to get the tools or cracking up the device like the old PSP back then... xD Surely there must be a soft option to easily recover AND flash a ROM, just like happened with the PSP (a few clicks), for example?

Last edited:

2Radon

Feb 17, 2013
I cannot bring it back for warranty because it is from a different country, and I've been round the google several times to no avail on this.
This here is my last hope on this thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Lumia Users,

with the discovery of the Qualcomm mode we are finally able to unlock our devices as well. However the process of flashing involves always a certain risk: the risk of making the device unusable, the so called bricks. I created this thread to prevent huge amounts of posts discussing methods to revive bricked devices.

You use all the methods and techniques described in this thread at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage or loss of waranty.

Before you post in this thread please gather some information first.

• Does it vibrate when you hold the on/off button?
      If not: leave your phone on the originale charger (with the supplied cable) for 8 to 10 hours and try again.
    • Does it vibrate when you hold the volume-down+power+camer button?
    • Are you able to enter the Qualcomm mode?

• What operating system did you use to flash your phone?
      If you are running Linux and you are able to enter Qualcomm mode connect your Lumia in Qualcomm mode. Create a list of the lumias partitions (fdisk -l) and include it in your post.
    • Do you remember the command you used to flash the phone?
      Sometimes you can Access the previous commands on the command prompt by pressing the up-arrow on your keyboard
    • Do you remember the output of the dd command?
    • What ROM did you flash?
    • Did you perform a hardreset after flashing?

3. Additional info:
    • Do you have a Nokia Care Point or carrier store nearby?
    • Did you create dumps/backups of the partitions before flashing the ROM?
    • Have you ever used NCS or some other tools to flash firmware to the device?
    There is a thread somewhere called How to recover a dead Lumia 800. I can post a link when I'm at my computer later...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express