Revolutionary s-off tool

Search This thread

dr.chucky

Oct 19, 2011
About a month ago I went through the hboot downgrade process to try to get s-off. I had all the right drivers installed and everything else. Revolutionary just kept giving me an invalid beta key. Because revolutionary didn't work I updated back to hboot 1.5 cause I already had root with that. With the New ics roms coming out and having to update the firmware, I decided to do the downgrade again, but revolutionary refuses to work. Invalid beta key is the message I get. And to get to the point, I want to know if anybody has any solutions for this. I've heard of a few people that said one week it didn't work and next week it did, or other stuff. Anybody have any helpful information?
Any tips or tricks are appreciated, will try just about anything

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
About a month ago I went through the hboot downgrade process to try to get s-off. I had all the right drivers installed and everything else. Revolutionary just kept giving me an invalid beta key. Because revolutionary didn't work I updated back to hboot 1.5 cause I already had root with that. With the New ics roms coming out and having to update the firmware, I decided to do the downgrade again, but revolutionary refuses to work. Invalid beta key is the message I get. And to get to the point, I want to know if anybody has any solutions for this. I've heard of a few people that said one week it didn't work and next week it did, or other stuff. Anybody have any helpful information?
Any tips or tricks are appreciated, will try just about anything

Try replacing the uppercase i's with lowercase L's.

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.

Saneless One

Mar 31, 2011
Does revolutionary actually use your actual serial # to check against the beta key? Meaning, if you had another one that worked (like mine) and used it, would it still refuse because it doesn't match your device?

This sounds elementary, but are you typing in the Serial yourself or are you cutting and pasting the serial # from the revolutionary prompt? When I ran revolutionary, it prompted me for the beta key and had my serial # in brackets, like [HTC2018482] or whatever. I copied everything into the brackets, pasted it into the site, and got my key that way. It might be a good way to make sure you're getting the same values that revolutionary is seeing.

dr.chucky

Oct 19, 2011
Thanks guys, gonna give that a try later tonight.

dr.chucky

Oct 19, 2011
Nothing seems to work with this thing. Anybody have any ideas or solutions?

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Do you have any AntiVirus programs running when you try the exe???

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Jabawockee

Oct 3, 2011
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Who needs S-Off when there is 4ext recovery? I am S-On HTC unlocked and running ics with sense Roms. All flashed successfully.

sent from the future!

dr.chucky

Oct 19, 2011
Who needs S-Off when there is 4ext recovery? I am S-On HTC unlocked and running ics with sense Roms. All flashed successfully.

sent from the future!

You have a point, but I can't use any if the ics roms. They all reboot on me. After flashing I can't even unlock the screen cause it reboots. Also, when official ics is out I'm going to need to update the firmware. I don't want to get stuck with another hboot with the update

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
bro i had the same problem also.. kept sayin wrong beta key.. it drove me f in crazy.. i got so mad that i sold my unrooted 3d and baught a rooted one off craigslist!!! this was months ago.. soory to here bro.. i went through the same sh*t.. nobody could figure out why either..?? i tryed the whole cope and paste also still didnt work.. like i said i got so mad i sold it and got a alrady rooted one.. lol

Last edited:

dr.chucky

Oct 19, 2011
bro i had the same problem also.. kept sayin wrong beta key.. it drove me f in crazy.. i got so mad that i sold my unrooted 3d and baught a rooted one off craigslist!!! this was months ago.. soory to here bro.. i went through the same sh*t.. nobody could figure out why either..??

I'm thinking about intentionally bricking it and taking it to Sprint and I'll either get another one or something else. Not sure what to do yet. I guess I'll wait till official ics and see if there is anything new to help with the hboot and if not I'm getting rid of this. As much as I love HTC this might be my last one cause of all this hboot and bootloader crap

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Try turning the anitvirus protection off. Then reboot your pc/laptop. Then run the exe.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

chrisftlse

Mar 17, 2010
Toulouse
Huawei P30 Pro
What I think could be :

When you have generated the Revulutionary key you were in HBoot version 0007/8

Now your HBoot version is 1107/8.

I do not know if there is a kind of check intergrated between the generated key and the tool which could cause your trouble ?

animal7296

Dec 4, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT.
I had this problem when I was first using it. What I did was to copy the key and then paste it into wordpad and then I typed it manually when asked and that worked for me.

dr.chucky

Oct 19, 2011
I had this problem when I was first using it. What I did was to copy the key and then paste it into wordpad and then I typed it manually when asked and that worked for me.

I don't know why, but I can't copy and paste. To clarify the command prompt won't let me paste my key in. I don't know why.