Im Not Sure Whats The Problem Is - HTC PG58100 T-Mobile

Search This thread

lesteroliver

Sep 9, 2009
So here is the problem. I got a friends phone, which for some reason does'nt turn on or charge. The Phone is a HTC PG58100 T-Mobile.

Im using a Apple Mac OSX. I did try to charge the phone, But nothing happened. No Lights Worked, But after an hour or so, the board where the usb is connected gets hot, not very hot though.

1. I tried, booting it with the various key combinations suggested, But nothing happened. The Screen didn't even turn on.

2. Tried the ./brickdetech.sh command on my mac. But this is what I get.

"MacBook-Pro:unbrick lesteroliver$ sudo ./brickdetect.sh
Password:
Searching for bricked device...
sed: 1: "/sd.27 sd.28/{ s/.*\(sd ...": extra characters at the end of q command
Device can't be detected. Check connections
MacBook-Pro:unbrick lesteroliver$

It would be great if anyone could help me out with this issue. thanks.

Please Note: I think the phone must have bricked when someone tried to flash a new rom on to this career locked phone or may be a PIT error, I'm not sure.

Thanks.

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
So here is the problem. I got a friends phone, which for some reason does'nt turn on or charge. The Phone is a HTC PG58100 T-Mobile.

Im using a Apple Mac OSX. I did try to charge the phone, But nothing happened. No Lights Worked, But after an hour or so, the board where the usb is connected gets hot, not very hot though.

1. I tried, booting it with the various key combinations suggested, But nothing happened. The Screen didn't even turn on.

2. Tried the ./brickdetech.sh command on my mac. But this is what I get.

"MacBook-Pro:unbrick lesteroliver$ sudo ./brickdetect.sh
Password:
Searching for bricked device...
sed: 1: "/sd.27 sd.28/{ s/.*\(sd ...": extra characters at the end of q command
Device can't be detected. Check connections
MacBook-Pro:unbrick lesteroliver$

It would be great if anyone could help me out with this issue. thanks.

Please Note: I think the phone must have bricked when someone tried to flash a new rom on to this career locked phone or may be a PIT error, I'm not sure.

Thanks.

if you don't have access to the bootloader and unbricking project fails then only jtag method remains
see this thread too
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775115

lesteroliver

Sep 9, 2009
@rzr86 - I'm new here, not sure how I can tag you on this reply. Thankyou for the quick reply. I will check out the method and get back to you asap ! Cheers..

Reactions: rzr86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @rzr86 - I'm new here, not sure how I can tag you on this reply. Thankyou for the quick reply. I will check out the method and get back to you asap ! Cheers..