[APP] NumNom (Free!)

Search This thread

MaloventEvil

Jul 20, 2010
Hi all, I've released my app in the market: NumNom

The app is a free brain age style puzzle game. I would really appreciate any feedback you guys can give! I am looking to improve it. Feel free to contact me if you have any issues!

PS:

If you download it, join the xda group by going to high scores -> groups -> "plus sign" -> xda

I hope you guys enjoy it!
-Aurash

N

neumaian

Nice game :)

Can you add App2SD support for Devices running Froyo?

N

neumaian

Maybe it's using the phones IMEI for some sort of identification. android.telephony.TelephonyManager.getDeviceId() needs the READ_PHONE_STATE permission

wayferer

Jun 4, 2010
This game can get addictive! You've been warned :)

Sent from my HTC Hero (FloyoCM + flykernal) using the XDA App

MaloventEvil

Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for playing guys! If you guys have any other feature suggestions please let me know! i will add them to my TODO list.

There was no way to turn off the sound and I found that the instructions were lacking.

The sound can be turned off by using the dedicated volume+/volume- buttons while in game (they change the media playback volume, not your ringer volume). Which part of the instructions were lacking/unclear? I would be happy to fix them. I am sad about the two star you gave me. :(

edit: i am also working on a settings menu that will have a toggle to "mute all in game sounds" and "haptic feedback on/off"

Thanks!
-Aurash

Last edited:

MaloventEvil

Jul 20, 2010
Nice game, but why need the game privileges to read my calls?

The "read phone state" permission lets me get at the device id to uniquely identify a user for high score purposes.

I tried using ANDROID_ID, but I had a bunch of situations where when the phone had a factory reset done that it was reset to a different value upon factory reset (It is documented in the android APIs that way as well http://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Secure.html#ANDROID_ID ). :(

Jul 9, 2009
Fun game, instructions are clear. Would be kinda cool to have different sum totals other than 18 and 19. Thanks for the fun game yo!

MaloventEvil

Jul 20, 2010
I added a settings menu that allows you to toggle sound & vibrate functionality!

Fun game, instructions are clear. Would be kinda cool to have different sum totals other than 18 and 19. Thanks for the fun game yo!

Thanks man! I see you're killing on the XDA group :D

In the donate version I have totals ranging from 13-20; I am working on transitioning some of these over to the free one.

MaloventEvil

Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for the support! Please tell your friends! (more users = more fun!)

I added an update last night that lets you choose the Target Number(s) that you want in the settings ("make groups of X").

Hope you guys like it :)
-Aurash

MaloventEvil

Jul 20, 2010
Just pushed another update! :) XDA is still rocking the leader boards (despite there being almost 10k players lol)! Thanks for the support!