[game] how to correctly backup/transfer angry birds data

Search This thread

Coolman4now

Nov 17, 2010
As I recall, you can do exactly the same thing by " Angrybirds 3*1 Backup" available on the market for free.

yeoching

Dec 5, 2008
nice, and it works for me. i don't need to bother with root anymore. Now i just need to figure out a better way to run the command without typing it over and over again to backup/restore in the terminal emulator. Thanks for the helpful post.

This method will also work without root:

Backup using terminal emulator (download from market) or adb shell.
Code:
$ cat /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/highscores.lua > /sdcard/highscores.lua 
$ cat  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/settings.lua > /sdcard/settings.lua

Like the OP said, use the correct.package.name for your version of Angry Birds. And for the love of all things android, make sure the files copied correctly before you wipe. (And if you're backing up before rooting, backup your sdcard to your computer.)

To restore:
)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This also works with seasons and rio as well.
    Pre-requisites:
    • rooted phone/tablet
    • root explorer installed
    First of all, use root explorer to go to
    /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds (use corresponding names for seasons and rio)/files
    Copy these two files:
    • highscores.lua
    • settings.lua
    Now you can go to same location on the target device and paste them; however, make sure you rename the original files first.
    This step is the most important: fix the permission. Make sure both files have three read and write, and NO EXECUTE (X) because it will cause reboot when you run the game!!!
    Done.