Possible soft brick

Search This thread

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hi, i was currently using SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2D-6 and i tried getting the lte. During that process when i took out my sim card everything started going wrong.
My phone would at first only boot up and wouldn't get past the second samsung screen. Now it gets stuck at the boot animation screen. I wasn't able to get into download at first but after a successful try of pressing up real quick i can get into Download. I've downloaded a few tars from the threads hoping it will be fixed but i keep getting the same results. I go to the noob section tried downloading the tars for stock but when i try to download them they are the wrong format and wont open in odin. I am currently just sitting in odin and the download section. Can anyone help me :(

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
i believe it messed up because i save everything to my simcard instead or my sd card and when i took the sim card out to reboot it caused the soft brick

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
OMG IT WORKS YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT EVEN CARE IF ITS GINGERBREAD!!! IT WORKS WOAHHHHHH

lol Thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
ok so i restored back to a earlyer time not ics but gingerbread but i always get a message saying

Sorry!
the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
sounds like corrupt data or restore. Try a fix permissions in clockworkmod, or rom manager.

And if i helped u, hit that thanks button ;)

Reactions: Dwolf16

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So i did the odin to stock thing and at first all was well. I then reinstalled clockwork mod through odin then i restored from a nandroid backup. And it seemed good except i couldnt call or look at my conacts. So i restarted thinking things would get better. And now i'm going through the same problem. So later ill just do the ics through one click and hope that works

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So i downloaded the tar for ucld2 and i have ics but unrooted. My question now is how do i get my download section back? i cant seem to get into downloads but i have a system recovery image now. I want to get the new touch recovery could i get the zip and add it that way instead of using odin?

Last edited:

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
If you don't have cwm you have to use Odin to flash that recovery back onto your phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
what do u mean by downloads? SD card folder? in any case u can't use one recovery to flash another, use Odin.

Top Liked Posts