The effects of the curve

Search This thread

antny

Dec 10, 2008
Portland
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
After using this phone.. Has anyone tried looking at a flat phone and see the corners bending backwards? I know they're not but the flex has made my eyes seem like the corner of other phones look like they're bending away from me.

Omg I thought it was just me! For a while, every time I used my Nexus 4 it looked bent to the back until my eyes got used to it. With a case on the Flex, (or at least my case) the curve is less prominent so it helps if you switch to a flat phone every now and then.

-Sent From My LG G Flex Using XDA Premium -

Reactions: TemperedUncle69

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I thought yall were crazy but I picked up my sons Nextbook 7 to root it last night and it seemed as if it was curved the opposite way from our curve. WEIRD.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Sep 15, 2010
Charleston
I noticed this with my wife's new phone and tried to explain it. She cared about as much as you'd expect... which is not at all. It is significant though. It really messes with your eyes.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I sold my Nexus 7 since I wasn't using it and just prefer one device. Maybe I'll pick up my wife's HTC One and see.

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
Omg I thought it was just me! For a while, every time I used my Nexus 4 it looked bent to the back until my eyes got used to it. With a case on the Flex, (or at least my case) the curve is less prominent so it helps if you switch to a flat phone every now and then.

I can never look at my nexus 4 the same again lol...let alone another phone that doesn't have a curves...Thanks LG :eek:

Tornlogic

Dec 11, 2010
I notice this everytime i use my work issued BlackBerry z30
Oddly enough when i go back to my Flex at the end of the day it seems normal

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

fleurdelisxliv

Jan 19, 2011
Louisiana
Cant blve someone made a thread about this lol bc i thought i was goin crazy! I rly love the flex, the only thing that worries me is the ghosting on the screen. Hope it dont stay, so far it just fades away. Ive seen it on every flex ive touched [emoji53] oh well screen is still nice and the battery is sick. I dont think i would pick any phone over it right now but thats just me [emoji4]

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX

Reactions: TemperedUncle69

techmojo

Jun 11, 2009
Confirmed ...everytime time I look at the wife's G2! Trippy!

Sent from my LG-D959 using xda app-developers app

Chr0nos77

Feb 22, 2012
Lackawanna, NY
I haven't noticed the bending backwards, but when I picked up my wife's iPhone 5s, I couldn't believe how small it is! I was afraid I was going to break it. Pictures looked bad, because they were so small, items were hard to click on, it was horrible!

juggamonkey

Jan 18, 2010
Heck try using a iPhone 4 it blew my mind almost thought it was fake cause it was so small.but any phone I look at not beside the flex seems to look like its bending out

Evofusion

Feb 14, 2011
Heck try using a iPhone 4 it blew my mind almost thought it was fake cause it was so small.but any phone I look at not beside the flex seems to look like its bending out

I told this to my friend when I was using his note 2. The corners look like they're bending out and theres a ball in the center. So weird. kind of like convex and our phones are concave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After using this phone.. Has anyone tried looking at a flat phone and see the corners bending backwards? I know they're not but the flex has made my eyes seem like the corner of other phones look like they're bending away from me.
    Give me some of that stuff your smokin. Hehe

Holy shiz i thought i was insane great thread haha

Cant blve someone made a thread about this lol bc i thought i was goin crazy! I rly love the flex, the only thing that worries me is the ghosting on the screen. Hope it dont stay, so far it just fades away. Ive seen it on every flex ive touched [emoji53] oh well screen is still nice and the battery is sick. I dont think i would pick any phone over it right now but thats just me [emoji4]

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX