[Q] Problems Flashing Clockwork Mod

Search This thread

timefalls

Dec 30, 2010
North East, United Kingdom
Hey All,

I am trying to install CyanogenMod 6.1 onto my DHD. I have successfully rooted, but when I try to install ClockworkMod Recovery via Rom Manager, It says that the flash was successful, but when I attempt to reboot into recovery I get a red triangle with an exclamation mark. I'd upload a picture but as I am new I'm not allowed yet :(

So obviously it hasn't installed properly even when it says it has. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, and when I try to install older/newer versions of CWM, it says that an error has occurred.

Does anybody know how to fix this? or alternatively is another recovery firmware available, such as Amon_RA for the DHD?

Thanks in advance guys ;)

leppie

Dec 21, 2008
Cape Town
on the sdcard in the Clockwork directory, delete the .settings file and the download directory.

Try again it will flash now.

I have already 'reported' the problem here.

Last edited:
Reactions: timefalls

timefalls

Dec 30, 2010
on the sdcard in the Clockwork directory, delete the .settings file and the download directory.

Hey there leppie,

I did as you instructed, I closed the application, deleted the .settings file and download directory inside the clockwork directory, and it reinstalled. No difference, still getting the phone icon with the red triangle and exclamation mark :(

do you any other suggestions I could try?

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
You are rooted, but are you s-off? You need s-off to bypass the emmc lock on your phones memory.

If you have only root, anything you flash will disappear back to stock whenever you reboot.

Sent from my performance enhanced Desire HD.

Reactions: timefalls

timefalls

Dec 30, 2010
You are rooted, but are you s-off? You need s-off to bypass the emmc lock on your phones memory.

If you have only root, anything you flash will disappear back to stock whenever you reboot.

Thanks for your reply, I am currently S-ON, which probably explains the issues I'm having. Could you point me in the direction of a straightforward guide for turning S-OFF for the DHD?

timefalls

Dec 30, 2010
You can take a look here, here or here, for example. Or maybe next time you could try to use that funny button with "SEARCH THIS FORUM" written on it. :p

I have managed to get S-OFF and I'm successfully running CyanogenMod 6.1.2 :D It feels like i've set my phone free, it's much faster and the additional options and tweaks are very much appreciated!

Now it's time for a faster kernel :p :p

Thanks has been given to all who helped in the thread :)

Happy New Year to you all tomorrow!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can take a look here, here or here, for example. Or maybe next time you could try to use that funny button with "SEARCH THIS FORUM" written on it. :p