IceColdSandwidch then Jellytime experience

Search This thread

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Hi everyone/anyone,
I can't post in the developer sections so I'd like to comment here then.
Have used IColdS on my Desire S for about 6 months as a work phone with heavy email and talk usage. The biggest pain was email not showing the email body and then not responding - alot. Every now and again other apps stop responding.
Anyway, I came back here and tried Jellytime as a random pick. Worked great after a week of use. Even USB tethering and Wifi hotspot works. Apart from the 5mp camera photo issue and Bluetooth not working at least email and general stability is good. The 2 issues are known and being worked on. Great upgrade I think and extended the life of the old girl a little longer.
Axel

zertyx

Nov 26, 2010
How is battery life on this ROM? I am currently on Pacman 19.3, but have issues with 3G battery draining. So I only use 2G of wifi.

Otherwise, I like the Pacman ROM a lot. Now and then a spontaneous reboot when the phone is idle, but until now, it hasn't disturbed me.

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
How is battery life on this ROM? I am currently on Pacman 19.3, but have issues with 3G battery draining. So I only use 2G of wifi.

Otherwise, I like the Pacman ROM a lot. Now and then a spontaneous reboot when the phone is idle, but until now, it hasn't disturbed me.

I must say I haven't run on battery alone for a whole day yet. At my work desk it's always docked and charging. This weekend I'll be running off the battery so will report back how it goes.
Axel

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
I must say I haven't run on battery alone for a whole day yet. At my work desk it's always docked and charging. This weekend I'll be running off the battery so will report back how it goes.
Axel

Phone was about 70 odd % Friday night. It was 2% Monday morning after only 2-3 phone calls over the weekend with no charging. My un-scientific conclusion would be it's battery life is worse than IceColdSandwich. Bothers me none. I prefer the stability (so far).

Reactions: zertyx

zertyx

Nov 26, 2010
And is this with 3G activated or do you use WiFi all weekend? At home my battery lasts long, but when I leave and put 3G on, it's terrible. 2G is ok.

Verstuurd van mijn Desire S met Tapatalk

dhruvg14

Feb 7, 2013
Upgrade

Hi everyone/anyone,
I can't post in the developer sections so I'd like to comment here then.
Have used IColdS on my Desire S for about 6 months as a work phone with heavy email and talk usage. The biggest pain was email not showing the email body and then not responding - alot. Every now and again other apps stop responding.
Anyway, I came back here and tried Jellytime as a random pick. Worked great after a week of use. Even USB tethering and Wifi hotspot works. Apart from the 5mp camera photo issue and Bluetooth not working at least email and general stability is good. The 2 issues are known and being worked on. Great upgrade I think and extended the life of the old girl a little longer.
Axel

Some of the custom rom builds like the one build by @blindndumb (jelly time 4.2.1) has a new release every third day. Is it possible to upgrade to latest release over the air if u have previous release on the device?:confused:

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
The battery life in JellyTime is great.

Yes I see that there is a new version as of a few days ago. I'll update to it this weekend and hopefully enjoy Bluetooth and better battery life. As it stands with JellyTime R.4.0 the battery lasts me 7:30am to about 7pm before the battery goes into red < 20%. Can't complain but it used to be better.

Ah also, some users reporting their phone locks up requiring the battery to be removed. This has happened to me about 4 times. I'm pretty sure every time it happened when I rebooted or powered off/on the Desire S. I'm not keen on removing the battery but waiting for 10min or so it wouldn't reboot itself. Holding down all the buttons didn't work either. I might try connecting via adb next time it happens.

Last edited:

its_Khal

Aug 29, 2012
I just changed to Jellytime from Icecold sandwich. I'm having a problem with AOSP roms. Taking screenshot in some screen seems impossible unlike sense roms where u just need to push POWER +HOME to take screenshots. on AOSP roms, i cant take screenshots of a zoomed pic,zoomed webpage etc. anyone knws any app that can assign keys to take screenshots?

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
I just changed to Jellytime from Icecold sandwich. I'm having a problem with AOSP roms. Taking screenshot in some screen seems impossible unlike sense roms where u just need to push POWER +HOME to take screenshots. on AOSP roms, i cant take screenshots of a zoomed pic,zoomed webpage etc. anyone knws any app that can assign keys to take screenshots?

I just tried it then with JellyTime and it works here bud.
Held down volume button and then held down power button until the screen shot captured. Worked fine. ;)

I have also had the one earphone side only issue. Only when I have answered the call and then plug the earphones in. I work around that by selecting loudspeaker on then off. Then I can hear audio in both earbuds.
Cheers

Last edited:

its_Khal

Aug 29, 2012
I just tried it then with JellyTime and it works here bud.
Held down volume button and then held down power button until the screen shot captured. Worked fine. ;)

I have also had the one earphone side only issue. Only when I have answered the call and then plug the earphones in. I work around that by selecting loudspeaker on then off. Then I can hear audio in both earbuds.
Cheers

Worked great!!!! Thanks buddy!

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

aliegm

Aug 17, 2010
Jellybean ASOP Feedback

as other users i don't have the rights to write on the dev threat to report issues and experiences, then lest do it here.
Upgraded from Saga to ASOP jellybean a week ago, the process pretty strain forward and no issues.
Bugs I've found so far:
- The battery drains very quick (less than 24h on normal use), despite of the settings on not altered from default ones.
- The wifi and phone signal meter it's showing very low values, but no issues or loss of signal at all, seems more like a signal meter calibration.
- The proximity sensor when on call in progress is not working, i mean, display doesn't turn off and the ear can mess up with commands on the phone screen.
-Time to time background apps (google now, google +, swift keys) crashing and restarting, no loss of data noticed.
-Some random problems when shooting videos.

In general the ROM is very responsive, a big improvement from ICS, and can be used for a daily basis, still need to be improved but stable enough to adopt it.

Hemmodeli

Feb 25, 2013
JellyTime feedback too

Hi,

I can't write to dev section, so here's my problems with JellyTime. I can't adjust screen lights, buttons change but there is no diffrence. I have MDDI panel, so it might be related to it. Thanks again to pointing it out. Battery drains a little bit faster than I expected, but it's generally really good and stable ROM.

ROM: JellyTime R6.1 - Saga Edition

Last edited:

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
as other users i don't have the rights to write on the dev threat to report issues and experiences, then lest do it here.
Upgraded from Saga to ASOP jellybean a week ago, the process pretty strain forward and no issues.
Bugs I've found so far:
- The battery drains very quick (less than 24h on normal use), despite of the settings on not altered from default ones.
- The wifi and phone signal meter it's showing very low values, but no issues or loss of signal at all, seems more like a signal meter calibration.
- The proximity sensor when on call in progress is not working, i mean, display doesn't turn off and the ear can mess up with commands on the phone screen.
-Time to time background apps (google now, google +, swift keys) crashing and restarting, no loss of data noticed.
-Some random problems when shooting videos.

In general the ROM is very responsive, a big improvement from ICS, and can be used for a daily basis, still need to be improved but stable enough to adopt it.

I did a complete wipe/format of everything before install of 6.1.
- Battery drain seems normal to me coming from ICS
- Wifi and Network levels look and behave normally for me
- The proximity weirdness was apparent to me and solved after installing the Sweep2Wake app and disabling.
- I get no crashing of any apps. None since moving to Jellytime 4.x and now 6.1. I don't have any games. Just news/weather/email/web apps.
- I must admit I don't film videos. The camera and video control is so slow and clumsy I don't bother.

Sounds like your issues all relate to something local with your phone IMO.

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Hi,

I can't write to dev section, so here's my problems with JellyTime. I can't adjust screen lights, buttons change but there is no diffrence. I have MDDI panel, so it might be related to it. Thanks again to pointing it out. Battery drains a little bit faster than I expected, but it's generally really good and stable ROM.

ROM: JellyTime R6.1 - Saga Edition

I'm not sure what you mean. The backlight/LCD brightness? Works fine for everyone else. If you have the Sony LCD then your in another boat altogether and yes I'm pretty sure changing brightness doesn't work which will make your battery life interesting. eBay out your phone and buy find another one there if your a fan of the Desire. Otherwise upgrade to another model.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Axel

Phone was about 70 odd % Friday night. It was 2% Monday morning after only 2-3 phone calls over the weekend with no charging. My un-scientific conclusion would be it's battery life is worse than IceColdSandwich. Bothers me none. I prefer the stability (so far).
    3g, data and WiFi all on. All weekend. I live in an area that requires 3g or I lose reception.