[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA (dlx)

Search This thread

mjpitts

Feb 16, 2013
Still has odd WiFi connection issues. Seems solid in use but disconnects when idle and refuses to reconnect without reboot. Working through it for now in hopes an upcoming nightly makes the fix.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using xda app-developers app

Turning airplane mode on and off works for me instead of rebooting.

Reactions: Phibernaut

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Reminder: if you have a problem, please post logs, a concise description of the steps needed to reproduce it, the behaviour that you expect to see and what you actually see.

Without that, there is very little chance that your problem will be fixed by anyone working on our phone.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Reminder: if you have a problem, please post logs, a concise description of the steps needed to reproduce it, the behaviour that you expect to see and what you actually see.

Without that, there is very little chance that your problem will be fixed by anyone working on our phone.

This is words from a wise man. Also thanks for the kernal.

Johnson90512

Feb 7, 2010
Atlanta
Just flashed this, and all of a sudden my wireless charger is no longer working :( Anyone know of any fixes for this?

Last edited:

mfinlay04

Oct 18, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7
Still has odd WiFi connection issues. Seems solid in use but disconnects when idle and refuses to reconnect without reboot. Working through it for now in hopes an upcoming nightly makes the fix.

I have had this issue as well. Although I did seem to have success with this app to correct the WiFi issue.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brilliapps.wifiandmorefixer

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
I did a clean flash to 12/7 and then dirty flashed to 12/8 all is well on my end.

Only thing is that USB-OTG not readable. It mounts but can't read the data off of it.

Same here DSP FC's and the speaker has a crackle but other then that everything is smooth. Very impressive actually

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
I did a clean flash to 12/7 and then dirty flashed to 12/8 all is well on my end.

Only thing is that USB-OTG not readable. It mounts but can't read the data off of it.

Check the logcat when you plug it in. Maybe the filesystem has an error and you need to manually check and repair the filesystem.

USB-OTG support for sdcards was fixed awhile ago.

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC
Check the logcat when you plug it in. Maybe the filesystem has an error and you need to manually check and repair the filesystem.

USB-OTG support for sdcards was fixed awhile ago.

Yes I need to get that done. But I plugged in the exact same cable and drive into my nexus 7 and no problems there. In about an hour I'll upload a logcat.

Sent from my KitKat powered device!!!

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone else like the 4.3 stock email app than the 4.4? It looks too much like the gmail app interface which I hate...

HTC DNA

Reactions: robnhl

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Does anyone else have any issues with just their calendar not syncing? Every time I go into calendar it asks me to sign in with my Google account and then fails after I type in my credentials. Everything else is syncing properly.

I'm on 12/8 with crpalmer's new kernel and the new bionic libs.

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC
How did you create the SD card? I don't have any problems but your log says it had an issue with the UUID. Sounds like this commit, if it gets marged, might change it:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55353/

but I don't know how to reproduce it. Can you tell me how you created the SD card (OS, file format, etc.)?

Formatted it on a windows 8 machine FAT32. With the built in windows format option. In twrp beta recovery it reads it no problem I can make nandroid to it no problem with. Windows 8.1 reads it. Windows 7 reads its, nexus 7 tablet on stock rooted kitkat reads it.

At this point I might need to reformat to see if it works then, I'll have to wait to tomorrow to try that and I'll report back at that point.

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
Does anyone else have any issues with just their calendar not syncing? Every time I go into calendar it asks me to sign in with my Google account and then fails after I type in my credentials. Everything else is syncing properly.

I'm on 12/8 with crpalmer's new kernel and the new bionic libs.

I've had this before...download Google calendar from Play Store...as soon as I did that the one included with gapps started syncing. Then you can uninstall the downloaded one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC
How did you create the SD card? I don't have any problems but your log says it had an issue with the UUID. Sounds like this commit, if it gets marged, might change it:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55353/

but I don't know how to reproduce it. Can you tell me how you created the SD card (OS, file format, etc.)?

Formatted it on a windows 8 machine FAT32. With the built in windows format option. In twrp beta recovery it reads it no problem I can make nandroid to it no problem with. Windows 8.1 reads it. Windows 7 reads its, nexus 7 tablet on stock rooted kitkat reads it.

At this point I might need to reformat to see if it works then, I'll have to wait to tomorrow to try that and I'll report back at that point.

Alright I reformatted my sdcard with a windows 7 machine with the windows built in format option and still the same thing.

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
I've had this before...download Google calendar from Play Store...as soon as I did that the one included with gapps started syncing. Then you can uninstall the downloaded one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. My calendar actually worked before I downloaded Google Calendar. As soon as I downloaded it, that's when my problems started. I uninstalled it and all is well.

Nagrom Nniuq

Dec 12, 2007

Turning airplane mode on and off works for me instead of rebooting.

Can't believe this hasn't been sorted out yet. This was around prior to the final 10.2 and they released 10.2 stable even though this happens constantly to lots of people, and now transferred to 11... We shouldn't have to be switching in and out of airplane mode to make our phones work on a supposedly stable build... Sucks because it means I'll have to drop Cyanogenmod and go to something else until this get's fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: cm-11.0 nightlies have stopped for this device. While these builds will likely stick around and be usable, they will no longer be updated. See here for cm-12.0 nightlies: http://xdaforums.com/droid-dna/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-nightlies-droid-t2998065
    (Yes, you can dirty flash this over a cm-11.0 build)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Metadata error when flashing? Make sure you have the LATEST ClockworkMod installed. Other recoveries *may* work, but will not be supported here. The reason for this is SELinux. It needs to set metadata on the files and old recoveries (with kernels that do not support SELinux) cannot do this. Make sure your ClockworkMod is at least version 6.0.4.5 or it will fail.
      [*]You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
      [*]If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
      [*]Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
      [*]LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=dlx&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Useful Links

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Special thanks to the CM10DNA team too, they've done great work on this device, and I look forward to working with them on official repos!
    - Chad0989
    - crpalmer
    - Flyhalf205

Also to intervigil and all the m7 guys, we share a lot of work with them!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA, ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    invisiblek
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM 6.0.4.5 or Later

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    what does this mean?

Really, not much. I have basically been a maintainer without the title for awhile now. But, thanks @jbarcus81 for the love.
    Wow. I can't believe that you just quoted my post that said not to use ART to ask if you can use ART???

The current CM stance is that ART is an experimental feature and not supported. Personally, I will spend zero effort investing any bug report from someone running ART and I would almost guarantee that the same would be said by @invisiblek.

Lol, we were talking about this on IRC the other night. I went on an ART hating streak. This was the results:
    http://imgur.com/a/XXxPD

(FYI this post is completely unrelated to development and should serve as an example of what NOT to post in development threads)
    Can't believe this hasn't been sorted out yet. This was around prior to the final 10.2 and they released 10.2 stable even though this happens constantly to lots of people, and now transferred to 11... We shouldn't have to be switching in and out of airplane mode to make our phones work on a supposedly stable build... Sucks because it means I'll have to drop Cyanogenmod and go to something else until this get's fixed.

You should ask for your money back. You're clearly getting ripped off on your subscription fee.
    lol... Looks like the fanbois are out.

That's not a lack of appreciation, it's common sense, nor is it a knock on their hard work, it's a suggestion to not release as final and stable if it isn't. It's also helpful if people give feedback and report bugs, rather than just saying, oh, airplane mode on off fixes this, so no worries. Clearly this is a major issue affecting a large number of users.

Fanboi? Or maybe someone that has done a little bit of android development and understands what is involved. Maybe someone that for years has been reading post after post from unappreciative, entitled whiners that come into these forums and do nothing but complain about something they know nothing about. People who CHOSE to root their phones and flash a firmware not tested/approved/released by the manufacturer or service provider and then are blown away when it's not perfect.

I agree with you, it should not be released as "stable" if it is not. That said...nobody is forcing you to run it. If it's not up to your standards then run something else, research and learn how to fix it yourself, or wait for the guys that put in countless hours trying to with little to no appreciation and constant complaints. Your little rant contributed nothing whatsoever. Post a log instead of just crying about how you will have to flash something else because an issue that not everyone is having hasn't been fixed.

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk