This tablet is laggy as $h!+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
Having all other apps closed but Lecture Notes and Myscript calculator in multi window, this thing really dogs. Myscript seems to be OK when both windows are open, but writing in lecture notes is laggy as hell. Close the calculator and all is fine again in LN. The performance and lag is seen elsewhere too, but this is the worst. I swear, when I first booted and played with it, it seemed fine. Applied the update that was supposed to help with lag and it got worse. Jesus samsung. This is bad. If I weren't afraid of bricking this device because of lack of warranty, I'd root it and speed it up. Although, as is, it's pissing me off to the point I don't want to use it anyway, so a $400 brick wouldn't be that bad.

salemsayed

Jul 20, 2012
Having all other apps closed but Lecture Notes and Myscript calculator in multi window, this thing really dogs. Myscript seems to be OK when both windows are open, but writing in lecture notes is laggy as hell. Close the calculator and all is fine again in LN. The performance and lag is seen elsewhere too, but this is the worst. I swear, when I first booted and played with it, it seemed fine. Applied the update that was supposed to help with lag and it got worse. Jesus samsung. This is bad. If I weren't afraid of bricking this device because of lack of warranty, I'd root it and speed it up. Although, as is, it's pissing me off to the point I don't want to use it anyway, so a $400 brick wouldn't be that bad.

I don't have the device yet, but a lot of guys here really recommend installing CleanROM to help with the lag issue

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
I don't have the device yet, but a lot of guys here really recommend installing CleanROM to help with the lag issue

I'd like to, however, I'm not familiar with Samsung devices and don't want to risk permanently bricking it should something happen during root. I don't care about knox warranty void being tripped as I only have a 90 warranty on it anyway. I've tried asking if its likely to mess up on something to the point of being permanently bricked with no fix, but no one has answered that and I am thus apprehensive to even try.

salemsayed

Jul 20, 2012
I'd like to, however, I'm not familiar with Samsung devices and don't want to risk permanently bricking it should something happen during root. I don't care about knox warranty void being tripped as I only have a 90 warranty on it anyway. I've tried asking if its likely to mess up on something to the point of being permanently bricked with no fix, but no one has answered that and I am thus apprehensive to even try.

I've unlocked and rooted numerous Android devices before and never I have faced a problem, my advice to you is to find a correct tutorial and just follow it, pretty sure it will go just fine. Either that or just return the device if it's really that's laggy, doesn't make sense to spend $400 on something you hate!

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
Multiwindow will always be a little bit laggy. Don't use that feature if it bothers you that much. Android was never really designed to fully run multiple apps at once but it works fine for most apps.

salemsayed

Jul 20, 2012
Multiwindow will always be a little bit laggy. Don't use that feature if it bothers you that much. Android was never really designed to fully run multiple apps at once but it works fine for most apps.

Even with a de-bloated ROM like CleanROM? MultiWindow is one of the reasons I'm excited for this tablet!

Stocklone

Aug 18, 2010
I concur with others that rooting this device (wifi model) has been one of the easiest roots I've done. If you don't give a crap about warranty, I'm not sure why you are hesitating.

As for the lag, it is a LectureNotes issue more than a Samsung Note issue. If I have both Quill and LectureNotes open at the same time there will be zero lag impact on Quill (another note taking app) but LectureNotes will lag like crazy.

I am currently rooted with Knox disabled. LectureNotes still lags. Maybe check out Quill and see if that will work for you.

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
I concur with others that rooting this device (wifi model) has been one of the easiest roots I've done. If you don't give a crap about warranty, I'm not sure why you are hesitating.

As for the lag, it is a LectureNotes issue more than a Samsung Note issue. If I have both Quill and LectureNotes open at the same time there will be zero lag impact on Quill (another note taking app) but LectureNotes will lag like crazy.

I am currently rooted with Knox disabled. LectureNotes still lags. Maybe check out Quill and see if that will work for you.

I'm hesitating because I don't know the likelihood of hard bricking. I'll check out quill. Thanks

Reactions: Serinety

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
Even with a de-bloated ROM like CleanROM? MultiWindow is one of the reasons I'm excited for this tablet!

Well, the lag isn't too perceptible in most apps, but it is in lecture note. There will always be a degree of slow multiwindow though. I think lecture notes slows down because the notebook is rendered in a very high resolution. You can easily tell a difference in performance between full resolution and lower res (like other tablets would use).

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
Stock Rom and rooted here ....fast and no lag......If u hate it so much ....sell it and buy a Apple....Everybody knows how great those are! Lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Elim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts