[Q] How to configure student wifi proxy for apps

Search This thread

Dhaval Bhatt

Jan 30, 2013
Vadodara
Hey,
I wanted to know if there is a method for changing the proxy setting s for various apps in my phone to the same as the wifi proxy.
Thanks.

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
No.I want to use the proxy for my apps.For eg playstore can be accessed from browser but not app because the proxy is not configured.

What are you talking about :confused:
What proxy are you using? It's an app your installed? Proxies are for browser usually i don't understand why you're talking about app and proxy that doesn't work together.
Can you tell me more about what you try to do?

Dhaval Bhatt

Jan 30, 2013
Vadodara
What are you talking about :confused:
What proxy are you using? It's an app your installed? Proxies are for browser usually i don't understand why you're talking about app and proxy that doesn't work together.
Can you tell me more about what you try to do?

exactly that.WHy cant i open the same thing as an app which i can in a browser

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
no becoz the wifi uses a proxy and only thru dat internet can be accessed.

So you're trying to say that only the browser works and all other apps have no internet access?? Facebook and stuff?

Edit: Finally understood the situation, if you're using the schools wifi and they blocked apps to work (my college wifi does that too), the only way to get it to work is if they unblock it themselves. That's why you should get a data plan lol

Last edited:

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Is VPN an option for you? Sounds like deep packet inspection to me. If you'd use VPN your whole traffic will be encrypted. So no dpi to look in your traffic

Sent from Xperia Z1

Reactions: Written

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is VPN an option for you? Sounds like deep packet inspection to me. If you'd use VPN your whole traffic will be encrypted. So no dpi to look in your traffic

Sent from Xperia Z1