HD Video: Best Apps for Galaxy Gear NULL ROM

Search This thread

JasonJ1968

Apr 3, 2014
Toronto
Hey everyone:

I have been installing and uninstalling lots of apps and widgets to determine what works on the Galaxy Gear Smartwatch. I've got my Gear Null Rom'med and connected to a Galaxy Note 1 Phone. Since I am not giving up my Note 1, the Galaxy Gear looked to be my only choice thanks to the work of the NULL ROM developer. Mostly everything on the Gear works-- except notifications, weather, and third-party contact apps. I'm looking forward to the SMS developments going on in another thread. My partner also has the same phone and Gear, so I've got two mouths to feed!

Otherwise, these are the best apps for the Gear 1 that I have found so far. I am learning some new stuff too, so there may be a part two in the near future.

Please comment, looking forward to your feedback, and I salute all of the developers who are continuing to hack the Gear device. Thanks guys!

Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8OBb_OnTk

Last edited:

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
great list - i use voice translate as well on mine and another one that's a big help when travelling is Word Lens - lets you translate signs by using the camera snd brst of all it does so without the need to tether (caveat - cost $4.99)

Hey everyone:

I have been installing and uninstalling lots of apps and widgets to determine what works on the Galaxy Gear Smartwatch. I've got my Gear Null Rom'med and connected to a Galaxy Note 1 Phone. Since I am not giving up my Note 1, the Galaxy Gear looked to be my only choice thanks to the work of the NULL ROM developer. Mostly everything on the Gear works-- except notifications, weather, and third-party contact apps. I'm looking forward to the SMS developments going on in another thread. My partner also has the same phone and Gear, so I've got two mouths to feed!

Otherwise, these are the best apps for the Gear 1 that I have found so far. I am learning some new stuff too, so there may be a part two in the near future.

Please comment, looking forward to your feedback, and I salute all of the developers who are continuing to hack the Gear device. Thanks guys!

Jason

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Great to see another Torontonian using the same watch/phone combo that I am! What a fantastic and informative video as well...I can't wait to get home and try out that remote media controller as I have my note automatically connect to a decent set of Bluetooth speakers when I walk in the door. It'll be really cool to control the music from anywhere in the house..
I noticed that you are using a stock touchwizz ROM on your note. What version of gear manager are you using and with what degree of effectiveness? I am using an AOKP kitkat ROM on my note that I absolutely love and don't think I could tear myself from but I may just nandroid and try stock if you tell me that there is greater functionality..

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Great video! Nicely edited and covers a lot of mysterious capabilities n features that aren't immediately obvious to beginners-including myself. Nicely done!

PS: Love Google Goggles and Price Rythem for instant product information, nutritional facts, reviews, current pricing! Either scan the bar code or take a picture of the item, and your done!

Runner up would be Pie Controls to quicky access your favorite apps. from your watch face.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JasonJ1968

Apr 3, 2014
Toronto
Great to see another Torontonian using the same watch/phone combo that I am! What a fantastic and informative video as well...I can't wait to get home and try out that remote media controller as I have my note automatically connect to a decent set of Bluetooth speakers when I walk in the door. It'll be really cool to control the music from anywhere in the house..
I noticed that you are using a stock touchwizz ROM on your note. What version of gear manager are you using and with what degree of effectiveness? I am using an AOKP kitkat ROM on my note that I absolutely love and don't think I could tear myself from but I may just nandroid and try stock if you tell me that there is greater functionality..

Hey fellow Torontonian! Does the KitKat ROM on your Note 1 allow you to keep the S Pen features?

I can only get to Gear Manager 1.2 and basically none of the notifications work-- the Gear Manager is only able to open the Contact app on the phone. The Gear's camera app does transfer photos to the phone automatically. Nothing else works in Gear Manager. I can't give up S Note on the phone, so it hasn't been rooted since Samsung released a JB update a year ago. I wish that SMS and email notifications could work but--- but there's not really any other smartwatch that will work with the Note 1 so I accept these compromises.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone:

Jason
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8OBb_OnTk