[Q] nexus 5 poor WiFi signal

Search This thread
H

HasnaCuz

Hi all, new here, please take it easy if I posted in wrong thread but many of us users especially me, the nexus 5 has very poor WiFi signal.
At home my nexus 7 2013 has full WiFi bars and like 3 metres away from router and on the other hand the nexus 5 has one bar wtf

Please help I'm running stock rooted 4.4.3 Franco r52

H

HasnaCuz

Is there anyone who can help?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

H

HasnaCuz

I'm being patient still

H

HasnaCuz

Anyone going to help???????

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
The question is, do you still stay connected to WiFi and does it work properly? If so I wouldn't worry about "how many bars I have"

N5

jackylim

Dec 2, 2013
singapore
Mine too. I find out that the WiFi signal is not really good. I had a HTC butterfly I put it together HTC got 4 bar and Nexus 5 got 1-2 bar....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

The Nexus 5 WiFi signal is really very weak...dunno will Google do something on it not?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

H

HasnaCuz

It must be a hardware issue, getting repaired soon by lg in Australia

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Not sure quite how to say this but basically, "bars" are not an accurate form of measurement, nor are they comparable between devices.

Do a speed test and compare transfer speed and latency.

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
Weak Wi-Fi signal was one of the reasons I returned my Nexus 5.

My SGS3 had two more bars than the Nexus 5 in my living room.

Poor Wi-Fi antenna probably. Can't expect more for 350$.

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
Bars are a joke. Some manufactures set the bars to be full at very low dBm levels. Hence why some phone have "GREAT" wifi coverage and some need "help". lol Get Wifi Analyzer from the play store. Load it up on both devices. See how the dBm levels differ from the same spot. If the N7 has more dBm's then the N5 than you have conclusive proof to back your complaint. Should take all of three minutes to to some testing. Let us know the results.

Reactions: bblzd
H

HasnaCuz

Bars are a joke. Some manufactures set the bars to be full at very low dBm levels. Hence why some phone have "GREAT" wifi coverage and some need "help". lol Get Wifi Analyzer from the play store. Load it up on both devices. See how the dBm levels differ from the same spot. If the N7 has more dBm's then the N5 than you have conclusive proof to back your complaint. Should take all of three minutes to to some testing. Let us know the results.
Yeah hi, if I haven't mentioned before I've already tested both devices and the nexus 7 actually had a 15% better signal than nexus 5 while testing with WiFi analyser

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Yeah hi, if I haven't mentioned before I've already tested both devices and the nexus 7 actually had a 15% better signal than nexus 5 while testing with WiFi analyser

15% doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You could try forcing the correct WiFi frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) on your phone to see if that helps at all.

H

HasnaCuz

15% doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You could try forcing the correct WiFi frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) on your phone to see if that helps at all.
Don't worry soon enough I'm going to gt it RMA by lg this week or so and I'll let u guys know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.