"OK Google" from any screen

Search This thread

uishido

Aug 2, 2012
Amsterdam
hi there,

I've looked around on XDA a bit but haven't found anything yet so here's my question:

Since 'OK Google' is available from any screen now since the last Google Search update was released, is there any way/hack to make this feature work outside of the states (I'm in the Netherlands)?

If I open the voice settings in Google Serach the option just doesn't appear. My phone is the Nexus 5, language is set to English (US), the ok google thing is working from the home screen or within search.

thanks!!

veryjiggy

Apr 26, 2010
Would love to know this. Am in the UK on an unrooted Nexus 4. Don't have the option to start it from any screen.

From what people say, Google activates it server-side on an account-to-account basis, but what I am not sure of is is this valid only for people within the US or people elsewhere also get it (once it gets activated for your account) if they set their language to English (US)?

uishido

Aug 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Would love to know this. Am in the UK on an unrooted Nexus 4. Don't have the option to start it from any screen.

From what people say, Google activates it server-side on an account-to-account basis, but what I am not sure of is is this valid only for people within the US or people elsewhere also get it (once it gets activated for your account) if they set their language to English (US)?

It's working now from NL :D