[Theme][3/30/2012]SerenityV3.2 [Virtuous .21/WSG]

Search This thread

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
NOTE

the GoogleQuickSearcBox apk mod will kill your OTA .21 update and give you the red exclamation of death. So roll back to your original file first. Trust me, I know :)

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
What OTA? i only support Virtuous/WSG/AOKP on my themes now.

Correct me if I am wrong, and if I am I will alter my post, you also made at 1 time early on a stand alone GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk? I have it, I use it, I swear I thought you did that. You might have rolled it into full theme, but at 1 time I got it someplace and I could have sworn it was you. Am I wrong?

And when I say OTA I am referring to the .21 OTA update from a few days ago. It will fail with this apk in place.

It might have stemmed from this original thread from you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562095 as in it, on page #1 you mention V.X BETA Themed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

I am not pointing fingers or pissed or anything, just trying to alert people that IF that had that legacy apk and IF they try to do the .21 OTA update and IF it fails, they need to roll this apk back to the OG file and the OTA will work

Last edited:

reNeglect

Aug 9, 2011
Calgary
Correct me if I am wrong, and if I am I will alter my post, you also made at 1 time early on a stand alone GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk? I have it, I use it, I swear I thought you did that. You might have rolled it into full theme, but at 1 time I got it someplace and I could have sworn it was you. Am I wrong?

And when I say OTA I am referring to the .21 OTA update from a few days ago. It will fail with this apk in place.

It might have stemmed from this original thread from you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562095 as in it, on page #1 you mention V.X BETA Themed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

I am not pointing fingers or pissed or anything, just trying to alert people that IF that had that legacy apk and IF they try to do the .21 OTA update and IF it fails, they need to roll this apk back to the OG file and the OTA will work

The fact is that mod was way before custom roms were out. After custom roms came, you noticed i deleted all the old mods for stock? I'm surprised you still have it but yeah. Also you're linking me to my other thread which is specifically for AOKP, which does not have OTA's. Yes i realize you're just reporting a bug or troubleshoot whatever but the point is i don't support or even recommend using this specific theme on stock roms. Yes it might work but it will have some problems as stated by lock n load.

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
Drop your tablet in a tub of ice cold water and let it stay submerged for about 24hours, don't forget to add some salt as well.

On a serious note just re-flash w.e rom you're on.

Hey, that doesn't sound so crazy when you consider people fixing graphics cards etc by cooking them in the oven.:p

Anyhow, I'm on WSG and MasterZen hard bricked his Prime yesterday, right before releasing an update, so I'm looking to freshen up my ROM any way possible. So thanks for the theme... looks slick.

reNeglect

Aug 9, 2011
Calgary
Hey, that doesn't sound so crazy when you consider people fixing graphics cards etc by cooking them in the oven.:p

Anyhow, I'm on WSG and MasterZen hard bricked his Prime yesterday, right before releasing an update, so I'm looking to freshen up my ROM any way possible. So thanks for the theme... looks slick.

This isn't really anything... Should check out my theme for AOKP. =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    serenitybanner.png

Hit That Thanks button, it only takes a second =)

Read Everything.

New Hot-Fix Link
    Download Virtuous .21 V3.2

Download V3.1 For WSG 0.0.3 Beta

V3.1 Includes
    Pinstripe QSP
    Stock ICS Buttons
    Themed Out Quick Setting Buttons
    Google Search Bar Mod
    Home Screen Page Indicators
    New Folders Icon
    Notification Panel Background
    re-added my bootanimation =)
    Unlock Screen Circle thingy

scaled.php

Images created by Scar45 =)

Requirements:
    Rooted
    Running VirtuousROM V2 or WSG 0.0.3 Beta

Instructions:
    1. Download and Transfer the zip to your TFP.
    2. Reboot into CWM Recovery
    3. Select "Install zip from sd card"
    4. Select "Choose zip from sd card"
    5. Find the zip and flash away.

Code:
    [B][SIZE="5"]Change log: [/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE="3"]V1.0[/SIZE][/B]
    Initial Release
    ====================================
    [B][SIZE="3"]V1.1 [/SIZE][/B]
    Fixed CPU Indicators on Quick Settings Panel.
    [B][SIZE="3"]V2.0 [/SIZE][/B]
    Cleaned up theme, now with custom icons. 
    Also added Google search bar mod. 
    (Make sure to backup the original apk in system/app)
    [B][SIZE="3"]V2.1[/SIZE][/B] 
    Added more custom icons
    Quick Panel Setting setting icon,notification sd card,
    file browser and eject icons.
    [B][SIZE="3"]V2.2 [/SIZE][/B]
    Added Pinstripe QSP Mod.
    [B][SIZE="3"]V2.5 [/SIZE][/B]
    Removed Dark QSP support. Added CWM Zip.
    [B]V2.5i Includes my Bootanimation.[/B]
    [B][SIZE="3"]V3.0 [/SIZE][/B]
    VirtuousROM .15 V2 Support
    New Wifi QSP Icon
    Notification Panel Background 
    New folders Icon
    [B]V3.2[/B]
    Support for Virtuous .21 Added.

Hmm?!?... Tired and bored of the plain blue hue of the Asus Quick setting panel?
    Well now introducing Pinstripe Quick Setting Panel mod by reNeglect.

V3.0 Preview
    screenshot2012030616595.png

Boot Animation
    Also i've made a custom boot animation Thanks to l33tlinuxh4x0r and the previous author for the boot animation. I've incorporated it into my boot animation as part0 and mines as part1.
    Heres a preview of bootanimation v4
    Also i dont know why the first time running through my boot animation lags.. after that its all smooth.. awh wells.

Installation:
    Same As Above.

Big thanks and credits to scar45 for creating and letting me use some of his PCB images
    Credits to Doktaphex for helping me fix the updater script and the Launcher2 Page indicator images.
    Well, this theme is for Virtusous Rom (build .15)... it would appear that you are having issues, b/c you're on the new build .21. Must have been changes/updates in the SystemUI.apk.

This ^ haha

Will decide whether to update this trmw or on saturday and maybe not even at all and ask an admin to delete this thread as most of the ungrateful people on here feel like they're entitled that i theme this and that for them.

Here's a lil more insight, when comparing the downloads to thanks the ratio is way different. But that was not a discouragement, chosing the path of a themer instead of a dev for roms or kernels. Its what expected, unless you're as big as someone like Master Vertumus. But as a themer, we work on the front lines visually improving the user interface and user experience which is breath taking. The discouragement comes when someone posts why doesn't it work on a newer released rom? Oh please support this and that, making the themer feel insignificant & pressured. Theming an app can take hours and hours of work. I mean i don't get paid for this, i choose to spend my free time theming trying to enhance your experience and what do i get? I'll let you make that call.
    Works here. Looks better, IMHO.
    One difference when I did it was that I didn't lose my wallpaper, (using a live wallpaper), and it didn't change until I shut down and restarted the tab.

I think its cause you were using a live wallpaper, it changed for me because i used picspeed lol anyways glad it worked for you =)
    Glad you guys like it, might work on a custom battery now. Going to check out the xmls...
    Do you still have the stock white buttons with stock blue glow? something that I could apply to the stock ROM (Not Virtuous)?

Erm you just want the buttons right? can you pass me the systemui.apk?

Download

Here this is the stock ICS buttons with no other mods. its CWM Flashable zip so yeah...

Also everyone should ahem hit ahem the ahem thanks ahem button ahem ^_^