[ROM] KDZ ROM for P936 (Nitro HD can flash)

Search This thread

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Wow, this is great! I'll go ahead and keep this for potential unbricking purposes. (Shouldn't be necessary now that I have CWM, but it's always good to have a plan lol)

Edit: Since I never intend to flash this, can someone else confirm if this kdz is an ICS?

Last edited:

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
\swdata\WEBSW\LGP936\AHKGBK\V10c_00\V10C_00.kdz(Undefined/default)
Error. File not found.

:-(

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Wow, this is great! I'll go ahead and keep this for potential unbricking purposes. (Shouldn't be necessary now that I have CWM, but it's always good to have a plan lol)

Edit: Since I never intend to flash this, can someone else confirm if this kdz is an ICS?

It's not an ICS, it's an Gingerbread 2.3.6. And it seems very strange, it's only 307MB file.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
OMG! I just finished installing this KDZ. It's an international rom, which contains many languages and supports an RTL-languages like arabic and hebrew. I'm so happy and excited! I have no words! From this moment it's my favorite rom!!!

LGSU640, you are the MAN! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: renaldo2

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
Odd, I literally just finished downloading the file and the link is still working fine for me. Maybe try a different browser?

good idea, gave it a whirl, same error!! weird eh, i'll try a proxy and see what happens although now that I know it's not ics I'm not rly interested...:)

but I am curious why my ip gets that error.

I'm in los angeles.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

proxy:

Not Found
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

Cromson

Jan 18, 2008
Kunming / China - 昆明 / 中国
Mmh, international sounds interesting. So that comes as stock with the new P936? Heard that phone will eventually come out on the European market too, that would explain multilanguage.
Does it work like stock versions for P930 and Nitro HD?

sent from LG-LU6200

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Mmh, international sounds interesting. So that comes as stock with the new P936? Heard that phone will eventually come out on the European market too, that would explain multilanguage.

sent from LG-LU6200

Yes, it does.

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@Machzelet,

I'm very interested to know if your baseband is the same version as the new Nitro update. Can you confirm?

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
I have a problem to root my device now with the new rom. I tried all of methods and didn't succeed.

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Good luck getting root working. I really hope you can, because I'd really like a baseband.img and firmware.img from your phone :)

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Good luck getting root working. I really hope you can, because I'd really like a baseband.img and firmware.img from your phone :)

I can't root my device :D
I tried SuperOneClick, DoomLord, Root, UnlockRoot, manual root via ADB, but without success.
All the time I get error message that the system is read-only. Well, I really don't need root, but I just wanted to add APN file, host file and to do a few little changes in the system folder.

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010

sent from LG-LU6200

Not eventually, it came out yesterday in Europe. It's exactly the same phone as the P930, but the LTE antennae are tuned for european frequencies, and the software is LG's generic instead of AT&T branded.

Reactions: Malnilion

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@aremcee,

The LTE antenna tuning you are referring to, is that done at the hardware level or is it controlled by the baseband firmware? As I'm living in Europe currently with a P930, I'm quite interested to know if my device may be able to use LTE over here.

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
@aremcee,

The LTE antenna tuning you are referring to, is that done at the hardware level or is it controlled by the baseband firmware? As I'm living in Europe currently with a P930, I'm quite interested to know if my device may be able to use LTE over here.

It's hardware. The antenna is too short for the 1800/2600 wavelengths, since it was tuned to AT&T's 700. If your carrier does 800 MHz it will work, but sub-optimally.

Reactions: Malnilion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overview of Firmware LG-P936-V10C
    (Compared to the stock firmware LG-P930-V10F from AT&T)

Important: At the moment there is no way to get Root!

1. There is no any carrier's "junk" in the firmware.
    2. After flashing the phone works perfectly - no lags, brakes, etc.
    3. There is a choice of operating mode of the network: GSM/WCDMA, WCDMA only, GSM only, GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto.
    4. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB/Wi-Fi Tethering are working fine.
    5. Internet is stable, does not fall off.
    6. Subjectively, the phone works smoother, faster, more pleasant to use and keeps the battery last longer.
    7. There is support for RTL-languages ​​- Hebrew is displayed correctly, I do not know about the Arab, but I think it will be displayed correctly too.
    8. When completely unloaded applications CPU load of 0-20%, whereas the stock firmware from AT&T in the same state as the load on the CPU for some reason was 50-100%.

System languages:
    German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Malay, Portuguese, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Chinese.

Keyboard languages:
    The same as the system languages.

Flashing firmware:
    Flash as a .KDZ file, so it should be flashing on the [Guide] Unbricking Solution for LG Nitro HD (P930).
    There it is!!
    Thanks to dczz from bbs.gfan that release the source.

I add in this Rom my kernel v1 and tweak from my last Rom everything else is stock.

Note: this Rom will work on Bell Optimus LTE without problem.
    but if you use other carrier you will need to change apn.
    (The way it work for me is to change apn in system/etc/apn.conf with root explorer and in settings-Wireless & networks-Mobile networks-Access Point Names Reset to default.)

HO!NO!_Rom_Bell_Optimus_LTE-P936_Full_stock_signed.zip

Don't forget to full wipe before using this rom
    It will be great if some one make it as a custom ROM flashable through recovery.

i am working on that...
    hopefully this will be up at the end of this week.

my 2 cent here
    what the f.... are you doing LG?? the P936 kernel source is not correct to compile from the start.. we have to make correction in... even the read-me file as some mistake... grrrrr
    \swdata\WEBSW\LGP936\AHKGBK\V10c_00\V10C_00.kdz(Undefined/default)
    Error. File not found.

:-(

Odd, I literally just finished downloading the file and the link is still working fine for me. Maybe try a different browser?