[Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key ROOT

Search This thread

iceddeath

Sep 19, 2012
Thank you for your response iceddeath. I am fully aware this forum is about rooting and i did mention that i have successfully rooted my phone with the above method however when i read about installing cwm it says you must have root and unlock. I assumed from what i read that the root proccess would infact also unlock the phone so i politely asked if i was missing a step hoping someone may point me in the right direction. Unfortunately your response pointed me in no direction so if anyone could clarify as to how unlock is possible i would be very grateful.
I'm not being funny but was unsure of the context of your response. I couldn't be sure if you just assumed that this issue is really simple or if you were maybe being a little arrogant?

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to
i don't really know how to unlock bootloader, i just wanted to remind you that this thread is about rooting
i was afraid you were mistakenly thought this method unlocks the bootloader too. because u said u did it 2 times already and u have issue of the bootloader still locked (which is not relevant)
again, sorry. have a nice day :)

ynkamat

Jul 1, 2011
A simple correction

First of all thank the machine the front of oopsware Great God, produced below a key forum ZeRospot

1. Preferred adb tool on the computer, and have installed adb driver. Is the driver of the machine, the peas like software is installed on the line.
2.Phone off, press the "volume down" and "power" key to boot, do not release the volume down key until the screen appears with a red triangle robot.
3 Insert the USB connected to the computer, use the "volume" down select "Apply update from ADB, press the power button to determine two lines of yellow text prompts.
4 Double-click ROOT.BAT.
5.Installation is complete, the phone to return to the menu cursor restart items, press the power button to restart the phone.
6. Superuser icon appears on the phone, running "information page, click here to check for updates, connect to the network, mandatory update

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.uploadtak.com/images/j794_root.rar

I first of all Thank the user for the tutorial and files. But I am writing for few noobs like me who couldnt figure this out in first try. Couldnt get help here without getting a deafhear to bull****s so figured this out myself. There is no need for adb driver (skipped downloading 400+mb of google SDK). Just extract the folder root on your windows drive where your OS is installed. In most cases C drive. After that you follow steps 2-3 and then run the root.bat and it will successfully install root on your phone. Cheers.

Reactions: Neural_oD

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy
Re: [Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key

Yes, you can root and unlock with the file of this thread.

Envoyé depuis mon LG-P880 avec Tapatalk

igorstoja83

Dec 9, 2012
i just carefuly followed instruction and stuck on: sending: 'slideload' 20% two times WHY?
edit: again on 35% WTF

Last edited:

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
i just carefuly followed instruction and stuck on: sending: 'slideload' 20% two times WHY?

Just reboot into recovery (battery on, press vol-&power button)
Select "Apply update from ADB" and press power button to confirm.
Connect the phone to the PC.
Double-click ROOT.BAT
Wait untill the phone finish the install and reboot.

Forget the 1st step.

Or leave it for tomorrow... I think that you already had enough of O4X for today :)

igorstoja83

Dec 9, 2012
Just reboot into recovery (battery on, press vol-&power button)
Select "Apply update from ADB" and press power button to confirm.
Connect the phone to the PC.
Double-click ROOT.BAT
Wait untill the phone finish the install and reboot.

Forget the 1st step.

Or leave it for tomorrow... I think that you already had enough of O4X for today :)

i just did as you say and same stock on 5% f..k this leave this for tomorrow.thats enough :) thanx bro

Feb 11, 2011
hyderabad
Re: [Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key

Moderators make this sticky....XD
Was seconds away from downgrading....:p
Thank you again for saving a lot of my time. ...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Mar 9, 2013
HELP!

hi, can someone reupload the file to another host please?, I see the link dead :c pleaaase D:
EDIT: i'm sorry, the link is fine
pd: you are my new god *o*

Last edited:

igorstoja83

Dec 9, 2012

il try again.Why i always stuck?Help please
EDIT: Problem is solved.The problem is on usb ports.i use my usb ports on front my pc and didnt work,then i switched my usb cabel in behind port on my pc and then it works like at charm :)
Finaly i have rooted and unlocked phone yeaaaahh :D

Last edited:
L

L2Deliver

thanks all. is factory reset required for this root? like so in V10 roms?

Is it possible to change su management app from SuperUser to SuperSU? how to do so?

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus

thanks all. is factory reset required for this root? like so in V10 roms?

Is it possible to change su management app from SuperUser to SuperSU? how to do so?

Factory reset isnt even required in v10! Just boot into recovery, select install update from adb then run the file named "root" in the folder. As for changing superuser, just install supersu and update the binary through it, uninstall superuser completely though or you will have major clashing between the two

Sent from my rooted and beanified P880

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Factory reset isnt even required in v10! Just boot into recovery, select install update from adb then run the file named "root" in the folder. As for changing superuser, just install supersu and update the binary through it, uninstall superuser completely though or you will have major clashing between the two

Sent from my rooted and beanified P880

After install SuperSU and update binary, Superuser just vanish from mine...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key ROOT

First of all thank the machine the front of oopsware Great God, produced below a key forum ZeRospot

1. Preferred adb tool on the computer, and have installed adb driver. Is the driver of the machine, the peas like software is installed on the line.
    2.Phone off, press the "volume down" and "power" key to boot, do not release the volume down key until the screen appears with a red triangle robot.
    3 Insert the USB connected to the computer, use the "volume" down select "Apply update from ADB, press the power button to determine two lines of yellow text prompts.
    4 Double-click ROOT.BAT.
    5.Installation is complete, the phone to return to the menu cursor restart items, press the power button to restart the phone.
    6. Superuser icon appears on the phone, running "information page, click here to check for updates, connect to the network, mandatory update

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.uploadtak.com/images/j794_root.rar
    With all due respect - the link you provided pushes a piece of adware... Do you have a clean location, or can you attach a zip to the thread? (and the original link from page 1 resolves to a page in Arabic, so I have no idea)

Thank you

Ok, wait... Do you REALLY think, that one could be sooo stupid, to make something endlessly great, something, nobody has done before, and then, instead of releasing it for download, give a virus or something for download!? I checked the link twice, but it's no adware...
    The 'link from page 1 resolves to a page in Arabic', because the page he uploaded it is arabic, but the file isn't up anymore...
    But if u still think, that the folder is adware, u can have this folder I provide and u can download it and check it a hundred times for adware if you want to...(although u won't find any aware or anything...)
    Here you are!:thumbup::thumbup:
    http://db.tt/lsfbhmmo

This is my Tapatalk signature... btw, i sent this message as usual with my awsome LG Optimus 4X HD using XDA app ;)
    Aand check out my new thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176392
    too late

just a few minutes ago I flashed back to v10 to get root on v20.... :eek:
    Easiest method ever...
    Enter recovery by holding VOL Down while turning on the phone.
    Select in recovery menu - Apply update from ADB.
    Double click ROOT.bat from archive.
    Done.
    Thanks a lot! .)