Gs5 from t-mobile on att

Search This thread

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
People like me, who travel across countries, having many bands is actually more helpful, along with the ability to switch between types of data networks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Makes sense. I just didn't know other carriers used those bands.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
I'm in California. Just bought brand new S5 from t-mobile, question. ...on cellunlocker do I need to say that I'm in Canada or will they give me the code regardless? The dma info is throwing me....any "special" steps needed to get the code for a U.S resident?

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I'm in California. Just bought brand new S5 from t-mobile, question. ...on cellunlocker do I need to say that I'm in Canada or will they give me the code regardless? The dma info is throwing me....any "special" steps needed to get the code for a U.S resident?

Shouldn't matter. I unlocked mine with no issues.

I used cell unlocker

All I mentioned was that it was Samsung Galaxy S5, and that it needs to be unlocked.

Go to this link to go direct unlocking page.
Under carrier select "all US networks".

Last edited:
Reactions: louforgiveno

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Buy the phone from T-Mobile, unlock it via on of the reliable online unlocking services, unlock the phone. If you have an existing AT&T account with LTE, its easy as slipping in the sim. If not, its a little trickier, AT&T will generally restrict non-AT&T phones to 3G/4G --> No LTE. If you are activating a new account, you will need to provide them an IMEI from an AT&T branded phone with LTE, they will then provision your account for LTE service. Some people use a fiends old AT&T LTE phone, or from another source.

Actually, it shows up as a SM-G900T and i do get LTE after i gave them my IMEI. you do, however, have to manually enter in the APN settings:

Name: ATT Phone
    APN: phone
    Proxy: not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: not set
    Password: notset
    server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 420
    Authentication typw: None
    APN type: default, supl, mms,hpri,fota
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Mobile vrtual network operator: not set
    You don't need T-Mobile service to get the at&t unlock. For my T-Mobile note 3 I unlocked it for at&t with chainfire s app called region away. When I did it it didn't support KitKat but that was a few months ago. I'm sure its updated by now. There is a thread on here on how to do it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

I have also used the cellunlocker.net and it works like a charm for about 25to 30 bucks I think it was.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app
    Thank you for responding. I was just wondering since it's a tmobile phone on the att network what type of roms would I use if I wanted to flash roms....tmobile roms since it's a tmobile phone or att roms since it's operating on att network.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Like I said, it works outright without the need to flash anything.

I am on AT&T with TMo based ROM. I used it on AT&T without evening rooting for a few days.

And if you want to flash, you could flash just about anything, as long as the ROM OP states that it supports the model (900T in this case).

Also, if a person's post helps you, you could simply hit the thanks button :)
    Well the band's are useless if you're using it on ATT though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

People like me, who travel across countries, having many bands is actually more helpful, along with the ability to switch between types of data networks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Shouldn't matter. I unlocked mine with no issues.

I used cell unlocker

All I mentioned was that it was Samsung Galaxy S5, and that it needs to be unlocked.

Go to this link to go direct unlocking page.
    Under carrier select "all US networks".