Votes: 7 9.5%
  • I know how to, but no

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
Cornea's coming back! This thread will have a link to another thread for the new Cornea. Wow, threadception.

Cornea
Cornea is based upon my Motorola XOOM program, XOOT.
It's hard to explain...so I'll try my best.
Check out Cornea's official site at Site is down :(

THERE ARE TOO MANY ONE-CLICK SOLUTIONS FOR ANDROID.
Cornea has the ability to combine these into one application.

All you need is a toolkit for your Android device. (You can find these in the post below). Copy this into Cornea, and Cornea can suddenly do so much more with your device.

CAN'T FIND A TOOLKIT FOR YOUR DEVICE?
The best thing is, you can develop your own toolkits too. You can find out how to do this in Post #3

In my eyes, this is a revelation for Android hacking.

The possibilities are infinite. Make a toolkit that operates with your bootloader, or one that hacks your recovery. Or make an AllInOne toolkit that has the best of both worlds.

n00b FRIENDLY
It's easy to use for n00bs and hax0rs alike. It eases you through the first worrying steps of hacking, and you've also got a whole forum full of moderators and developers to help you out.

THE KEY TO THE LOCK OF RECOGNITION
If you've made your own toolkit, send it to me and I'll add it to the below post for public download!

Created by Epic118/FaizSaleem118

[Below post: Download Center - download Cornea and toolkits for your device]
[Post #3: Cornea Development Guide]

Last edited:

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
Download Center

Cornea's coming back! This thread will have a link to another thread for the new Cornea. Wow, threadception.

Change logs
v4.0 (TBA)
A fantastic, easy to use, intuitive GUI.
All toolkits upgraded to GUIs!
The Toolkit Download Center - download toolkits that work on your device only to reduce risk
Fastboot Flash UI - a user interface for the fastboot tool
Internet integration, with Help and Q&A built straight into the application. No need for fiddly websites!
Automatic OTA updates thanks to a new OTA daemon
Works on Windows XP properly. In fact, to guarantee this, the entire of Cornea will be built on XP.
Automatic %PATH% association: No need for administrative privileges like before
Even more!

v3.0 (planned) (NEVER RELEASED)
UNKNOWN

v2.0 (03/24/2012) (LOST)
No more metadata or EXEs - a simple BAT that'll work on all Windows computers
Many more tools for devs!
Official support for Cornea GUIs
OTA toolkit downloading
Universal toolkit enhanced

v1.2.2 (02/13/2012)
Changes version metadata from 0.1.2.1 to 1.2.2.0
Cornea now recognises if a toolkit exists or not, rather than stating "Toolkit not signed" and then FCing
Revamped Readme for easier usage (now includes tiimestamp)
Cornea.sc.bat included in case you want to modify it (find it in the sc folder)

v1.2.1 (03/12/2012)
Icon added (eye with HTC phone in the middle)
Converted into EXE format (no more twiddly batch files)
'Obese' toolkits (toolkits with adb binaries) are now rejected by Cornea

v1.2 (02/11/2012)
Universal Toolkit added

v1.1 (02/10/2012)
Removes ADB binaries from toolkits and adds them to C:\Cornea

v1.0 (02/08/2012)
Initial release

TOOLKITS
3 Toolkits Available.
That's not a lot. However, expect more, both from me and from the XDA community!
To use a toolkit, use WinRAR to EXTRACT HERE and then copy the new folder to Cornea's tooklit folder
Downloads can be...downloaded from the bottom of the page.

Motorola XOOM (Wi-Fi tested, 3G/4G may not work)
Bootloader lock and unlock
Flash CWM recovery (Tiamat)
Root (thanks solarnz, for your Universal Root thing)
Flash to stock images/convert to GED
Flash a non-CWM bootanimation.zip

SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace (limited. S5830, will be updated to have more features soon)
Flash CWM recovery (official)
Enter recovery mode if you have jammed buttons
Odin mode (copies Cooper.ops to Desktop, kicks device to DownloadMode and then opens Odin)

Universal toolkit
Included from Cornea 1.2
Install APK files to /system/app, /data/app and /sdcard
Send shell commands via ADB shell
Push and pull files
Remount system as r/w
Reboot into any supported mode (system, recovery, fastboot, download, rsa)
Show logcat

Cornea's official download site is down, use the mirrors!

Mirrors - Mediafire
Mirror - Cornea 1.2.2
Mirror - Cornea toolkit - S5830
Mirror - Cornea toolkit - XOOM

Last edited:

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
Anyone brave enough to have tried 3G xoom, as it states it might not work.?

Haraldr Blaatand

Sep 30, 2010
I think something like this (ONE common, extensible 'hacker' platform) is sorely needed. I see tweak threads, but each dev goes his/her own way about it.

One suggestion: Remove the adb files from the toolkit folder, so toolkits are much smaller and one doesn't have 20 copies of adb.exe.

• Cornea/
    • cornea files
    • adb.exe
    • AdbWinApi.dll
    • AdbWinUsbApi.dll
    • MySampleToolkit/
      • toolkit .bat files [Provide a template to setup ../adb.exe reference.]
      • other files (opt)

Hmm... I don't use ADB, but could the toolkits be written in "sh" style. That way Cornea could also exist as a sh script for rooted BusyBox users?

Just my $0.02.

P.S. I vote option 4: I do/don't know how, but I would rather use other peoples' toolkits.

Last edited:

Haraldr Blaatand

Sep 30, 2010
What functions can be written in scripts?

From inferring and a 30 second review of the code...

A) On the PC, toolkits are "DOS" batch files. For functions (in the program flow sense), you can do whatever you want with all the quirks of batch files.

B) To change something on your phone, you are using ADB. Read the documentation to learn more. (Personally, I've never used ADB.)

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
I'm glad to hear that people like the idea of Cornea. I'm a n00b too.

Implementing ADB into Cornea would be a good idea. I was contemplating that but it'd be pretty difficult to do that, particularly if people are browsing through folders during runtime and the like. I had found a way to do it, which was to do it via calling the *.bat instead, but when I got up, my inbox already had a few toolkits in there, and I really couldn't be bothered!

One way I could do this is make an installer for Cornea that copies ADB-required files to C:\Windows\system32 and then update Cornea...tell me what you think!

Also you can execute BusyBox SH files...if I'm right, you could adb push it to a working directory, then do adb shell sh, and then when done you could use adb shell rm to remove the file?

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
I think something like this (ONE common, extensible 'hacker' platform) is sorely needed. I see tweak threads, but each dev goes his/her own way about it.

One suggestion: Remove the adb files from the toolkit folder, so toolkits are much smaller and one doesn't have 20 copies of adb.exe.

• Cornea/
    • cornea files
    • adb.exe
    • AdbWinApi.dll
    • AdbWinUsbApi.dll
    • MySampleToolkit/
      • toolkit .bat files [Provide a template to setup ../adb.exe reference.]
      • other files (opt)

Hmm... I don't use ADB, but could the toolkits be written in "sh" style. That way Cornea could also exist as a sh script for rooted BusyBox users?

Just my $0.02.

P.S. I vote option 4: I do/don't know how, but I would rather use other peoples' toolkits.

Oh, sorry! I completely forgot your last question! Erm...no, I can't write it as an sh file because I'm uneducated on the subject. Maybe someone could help who could?

Bentenrai

Retired News Writer
Jan 16, 2010
East Coast Pimpin'
www.brpstudios.com
I'm keeping my eyes on this because I think it's a good idea and sorely needed. Before I try to get this in the portal can you add a list of tweaks included in the kits you have already released? Also, any new kits expected soon?

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
I'm keeping my eyes on this because I think it's a good idea and sorely needed. Before I try to get this in the portal can you add a list of tweaks included in the kits you have already released? Also, any new kits expected soon?

1) I will do so, yeah.
2) No kits from ME expected soon, because I only own a Galaxy Ace and a XOOM, both of which have a kit from me.

Provided you still have those retired devices, you could make quite a few kits - it's pretty simple and easy to do. Even if you don't, it'd be interesting to see some Nook hacks.

Bentenrai

Retired News Writer
Jan 16, 2010
East Coast Pimpin'
www.brpstudios.com
1) I will do so, yeah.
2) No kits from ME expected soon, because I only own a Galaxy Ace and a XOOM, both of which have a kit from me.

Provided you still have those retired devices, you could make quite a few kits - it's pretty simple and easy to do. Even if you don't, it'd be interesting to see some Nook hacks.

Yeah I was gonna try to make a bloat removal script for the E3D but I'm not too versed in the workings of my Nook so I don't have any decent idea there. Actually, on second thought, I can probably whip up one that fixes the market, netflix and the screen density but that's aboot it. I'll get started on it later tonight.

Anybody got a mirror up?

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
Yeah I was gonna try to make a bloat removal script for the E3D but I'm not too versed in the workings of my Nook so I don't have any decent idea there. Actually, on second thought, I can probably whip up one that fixes the market, netflix and the screen density but that's aboot it. I'll get started on it later tonight.

Anybody got a mirror up?

Mirrors now up on both mediafire.com and cornea.site40.net (preferred, Cornea's official site!)
Most new toolkits'll be up on Cornea's official site. Usercreated ones will not be uploaded to mediafire by default. If you want a mirror, you'll have to upload it by yourself and send the mirror URL to me.

Reactions: Bentenrai

R1150GSA

Jul 24, 2009
Does anyone get a compatibility error message when trying to start Cornea.exe?

Using Win7 32bit. Should I be starting it from a command prompt? I read the README but it didn't specify anything besides moving & renaming the files directory to the root and appending the environment variables path.

I have a feeling this post is going to be REALLY embarrassing for me.

OK, lay it on me. I'm ready. Which stupid human error did I commit?

epic118

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham
Does anyone get a compatibility error message when trying to start Cornea.exe?
Using Win7 32bit.
That shouldn't be. I've tested a lot, and Cornea has been mostly flawless.

Should I be starting it from a command prompt?
No.

I read the README but it didn't specify anything besides moving & renaming the files directory to the root and appending the environment variables path.
That's all you SHOULD have to do. Of course, you're having problems.

I have a feeling this post is going to be REALLY embarrassing for me.
No, it won't. Even the best of us make mistakes.

OK, lay it on me. I'm ready. Which stupid human error did I commit?
None. In fact, if anything, it's probably my fault. You see, I use a BAT-EXE converter to finish off my batches, and I must have accidentally chosen 64bit compiling instead of 32. (Sorry, I'll fix it when I've got time!)
In the meanwhile, you can use the Cornea batch sourcecode, which is included with the Cornea download. It's in the same folder as Cornea.exe, but it's called Cornea.sc.bat (or it's in the /sc folder, depends which version you've got). It's exactly the same thing, and there's not much (if any) difference other than the missing metadata/icon.

Have fun using Cornea!

Epic118

Last edited:
O

oblato

You call this a website?
SHUT UP!
Makes me remember smosh! haha
If you want I'll make you a nice site for free

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
Take a look at my stuff in my signature......I started making toolkits for different devices some time ago. If you look at my source you can get some new ideas and features ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cornea
    Cornea is based upon my Motorola XOOM program, XOOT.
    It's hard to explain...so I'll try my best.
    Check out Cornea's official site at Site is down :(

THERE ARE TOO MANY ONE-CLICK SOLUTIONS FOR ANDROID.
    Cornea has the ability to combine these into one application.

All you need is a toolkit for your Android device. (You can find these in the post below). Copy this into Cornea, and Cornea can suddenly do so much more with your device.

CAN'T FIND A TOOLKIT FOR YOUR DEVICE?
    The best thing is, you can develop your own toolkits too. You can find out how to do this in Post #3

In my eyes, this is a revelation for Android hacking.

The possibilities are infinite. Make a toolkit that operates with your bootloader, or one that hacks your recovery. Or make an AllInOne toolkit that has the best of both worlds.

n00b FRIENDLY
    It's easy to use for n00bs and hax0rs alike. It eases you through the first worrying steps of hacking, and you've also got a whole forum full of moderators and developers to help you out.

THE KEY TO THE LOCK OF RECOGNITION
    If you've made your own toolkit, send it to me and I'll add it to the below post for public download!

Created by Epic118/FaizSaleem118

[Below post: Download Center - download Cornea and toolkits for your device]
    [Post #3: Cornea Development Guide]
    Download Center

Change logs
    v4.0 (TBA)
    A fantastic, easy to use, intuitive GUI.
    All toolkits upgraded to GUIs!
    The Toolkit Download Center - download toolkits that work on your device only to reduce risk
    Fastboot Flash UI - a user interface for the fastboot tool
    Internet integration, with Help and Q&A built straight into the application. No need for fiddly websites!
    Automatic OTA updates thanks to a new OTA daemon
    Works on Windows XP properly. In fact, to guarantee this, the entire of Cornea will be built on XP.
    Automatic %PATH% association: No need for administrative privileges like before
    Even more!

v3.0 (planned) (NEVER RELEASED)
    UNKNOWN

v2.0 (03/24/2012) (LOST)
    No more metadata or EXEs - a simple BAT that'll work on all Windows computers
    Many more tools for devs!
    Official support for Cornea GUIs
    OTA toolkit downloading
    Universal toolkit enhanced

v1.2.2 (02/13/2012)
    Changes version metadata from 0.1.2.1 to 1.2.2.0
    Cornea now recognises if a toolkit exists or not, rather than stating "Toolkit not signed" and then FCing
    Revamped Readme for easier usage (now includes tiimestamp)
    Cornea.sc.bat included in case you want to modify it (find it in the sc folder)

v1.2.1 (03/12/2012)
    Icon added (eye with HTC phone in the middle)
    Converted into EXE format (no more twiddly batch files)
    'Obese' toolkits (toolkits with adb binaries) are now rejected by Cornea

v1.2 (02/11/2012)
    Universal Toolkit added

v1.1 (02/10/2012)
    Removes ADB binaries from toolkits and adds them to C:\Cornea

v1.0 (02/08/2012)
    Initial release

TOOLKITS
    3 Toolkits Available.
    That's not a lot. However, expect more, both from me and from the XDA community!
    To use a toolkit, use WinRAR to EXTRACT HERE and then copy the new folder to Cornea's tooklit folder
    Downloads can be...downloaded from the bottom of the page.

Motorola XOOM (Wi-Fi tested, 3G/4G may not work)
    Bootloader lock and unlock
    Flash CWM recovery (Tiamat)
    Root (thanks solarnz, for your Universal Root thing)
    Flash to stock images/convert to GED
    Flash a non-CWM bootanimation.zip

SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace (limited. S5830, will be updated to have more features soon)
    Flash CWM recovery (official)
    Enter recovery mode if you have jammed buttons
    Odin mode (copies Cooper.ops to Desktop, kicks device to DownloadMode and then opens Odin)

Universal toolkit
    Included from Cornea 1.2
    Install APK files to /system/app, /data/app and /sdcard
    Send shell commands via ADB shell
    Push and pull files
    Remount system as r/w
    Reboot into any supported mode (system, recovery, fastboot, download, rsa)
    Show logcat

Cornea's official download site is down, use the mirrors!

Mirrors - Mediafire
    Mirror - Cornea 1.2.2
    Mirror - Cornea toolkit - S5830
    Mirror - Cornea toolkit - XOOM
    Cornea Source Code Center

For the meantime, there'll be nothing here.

Anybody got a mirror up?

Mirrors now up on both mediafire.com and cornea.site40.net (preferred, Cornea's official site!)
    Most new toolkits'll be up on Cornea's official site. Usercreated ones will not be uploaded to mediafire by default. If you want a mirror, you'll have to upload it by yourself and send the mirror URL to me.
    Cornea's dead. Here's why.

Hey.
    This is Faiz Saleem, the developer of the now-abandoned Cornea.

I don't think this was very sudden, as I haven't updated since June (and the latest available version is from February). But, I do have my reasons for discontinuing it.

== 1. I have school work. ==
    As you know, I'm still in secondary school (UK Year 9, US 8th grade). I've just started my GCSEs, and there's a lot of stress. Unfortunately, this means that I've no longer got the spare time to develop on Cornea.

== 2. Lack of interest from users ==
    Cornea started with a massive buzz, just like Xoot did, then it slowly died out until nobody really cared anymore. Most of the posts on the thread are from me, and the last post is mine. I won't delete the thread - I hope for it to remain open for discussion on this. However, I can't control this, and it may be removed/closed by an admin or a moderator.

== 3. Lack of interest from developers ==
    OK, so we had 'xmc wildchild22' making the Megakit for Cornea, and me making the toolkits. That was it. No other developers, AFAIK. We had 7 people on the poll saying that they'd develop, and one of those people was me. Out of them all, I was the only one who did (except XMC might have voted, I can't tell.)

== 4. Not necessary ==
    Back in February 2012, I had high hopes. I was intending to make it all in Java/VB, make a great UI, and actually go somewhere with Cornea. However, it's just a little frontend for batch files. Sure, we had the %PATH% editing and all that, but a user could easily do that themselves. If it was a UI, and if the toolkits made inside of Cornea consisted of UIs, then I might have considered continuing Cornea. However, it was essentially pointless.

== 5. What would I do with it? ==
    Many developers develop something and actually intend to use it. However, now that I think about it, I never once used Cornea. I always used the command line. And because of the lack of interest from anybody else, why would ANYONE use Cornea?

As you can see, there really is no need to continue Cornea. I'll definitely be releasing the (unfinished) sourcecode for Cornea 1.2, Cornea3 1.0, Cornea OTA, CorneaBin and Cornea Installer (not instantly, though). They'll probably be up on Cornea's GoogleCode page (http://code.google.com/p/cornea/) by next week.

Feel free to discuss this/PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Faiz Saleem