[Q] Good lightweight Rom for emulators

Search This thread

loki1000

May 29, 2007
Duluth
I am looking for a lightweight rom (fast) that I want to use for emulators, any recommendations? I have tried searching and am very overwhelmed with all the post and how old some of them are. I have yet to use a PS1 emulator so if I could get some recommendations on that as well in relation to the recommended ROM I would appreciated it. By the way I have a locked boot loader with ATT rom operating on Net10 with ATT sim card. I am hoping to root it sometime today if I can figure out the where to download flashtool :) Also is there a way that I can have all my apps run on SD card without partitions my SD card has problems with partitions Thank you for any help!

WhiteWashed

Jan 26, 2014
Vivaro
I am looking for a lightweight rom (fast) that I want to use for emulators, any recommendations? I have tried searching and am very overwhelmed with all the post and how old some of them are. I have yet to use a PS1 emulator so if I could get some recommendations on that as well in relation to the recommended ROM I would appreciated it. By the way I have a locked boot loader with ATT rom operating on Net10 with ATT sim card. I am hoping to root it sometime today if I can figure out the where to download flashtool :) Also is there a way that I can have all my apps run on SD card without partitions my SD card has problems with partitions Thank you for any help!
I reccomend you to use the "gin2kitkat" rom for many reasons. First of all, is the lightest and smoothest ROM i have ever tried (takes less than 100 MB) and very friendly with RAM (you have free a little less than 250 MB of free RAM). With this ROM I've played Ace Combat 3 with FPSE (Ps1 emulator) with no lag or other problems. I've also played NDS games with DraStic emulator and, excepting heavy graphic games, there's no lag.
If you don't like it, try the "gbx_play v3-rebuild" ROM which is also a good ROM for gaming.
You can find both of them here on XDA and both of them are GB stock based ROMs.

lordsolrac2

Jul 6, 2012
Gurabo
How about one for Higher End Emulation? PSP and Low End PC..? Or just one that works with Medium-High Graphics? (Med Poly)