|AOKP Discussion Thread|

Search This thread

MajorTankz

Jan 20, 2012
Does AOKP, or our port specifically, have the beats mod built in? I noticed much less bass punch when I flashed back to calkulins GB rom.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Really amazing work. Will be so glad when source drops. I can't wait for this ROM to be fully functional. It is so close now it isn't even funny. Amazing work considering what resources you have had to work with.

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Running milestone 5 on fe07 kernel tablet mod, experience fc on Google search, typical remedies unsuccessful, also can't open thumbnails in browser under Google images, anyone have these bugs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Search? Have you installed Voice Search?

I myself never had any FC on Search but I've seen it reported that one or a combination of both of the above fixes does the trick.

As for the other issue, what browser are you using?

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
I am a newb to the world of rooting. I have been pretty good so far as to not brick my phone. I am currently running AOKP M5 on my E4GT, and I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as I am. they are as follows:

1) I have a voice mail Icon in the notification tray that originally directed me to *86, but I was able to change it to my actual cell number, but it still will not clear from the tray. I have tried calling my voice mail and going through all my messages to clear it, to no avail.

2) My native text messaging sms/mms force closes when I try to open any message. I am currently using Google voice instead for my text messaging needs.

3) IDK what it is called, in the about phone section were you repeatedly click on the Android version and it plays the little ICS theme. If you change the phones position from portrait to landscape it closes.

4) I used Titanium Backup to restore the stock photo editor. But it FC after selecting a picture.

These are the only ones I can remember at this time. I don't belive there are too many more. Non of these are a deal breaker for me. I have found work-a-rounds for some of the issues and other problems don't come up that often for them to make me want to switch back.

I am wondering if flashing from Calkulins ICS to AOKP has caused some of these issues. If so should I flash back to stock EL29 and then flash AOKP?

Any advice or comments are greatly appriciated!!!
:(

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
I am a newb to the world of rooting. I have been pretty good so far as to not brick my phone. I am currently running AOKP M5 on my E4GT, and I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as I am. they are as follows:

1) I have a voice mail Icon in the notification tray that originally directed me to *86, but I was able to change it to my actual cell number, but it still will not clear from the tray. I have tried calling my voice mail and going through all my messages to clear it, to no avail.

2) My native text messaging sms/mms force closes when I try to open any message. I am currently using Google voice instead for my text messaging needs.

3) IDK what it is called, in the about phone section were you repeatedly click on the Android version and it plays the little ICS theme. If you change the phones position from portrait to landscape it closes.

4) I used Titanium Backup to restore the stock photo editor. But it FC after selecting a picture.

These are the only ones I can remember at this time. I don't belive there are too many more. Non of these are a deal breaker for me. I have found work-a-rounds for some of the issues and other problems don't come up that often for them to make me want to switch back.

I am wondering if flashing from Calkulins ICS to AOKP has caused some of these issues. If so should I flash back to stock EL29 and then flash AOKP?

Any advice or comments are greatly appriciated!!!
:(

did you wipe data from el26/29 cwm recovery before flashing the rom? you should wipe data, dalvik-cache, and cache immediately before flashing rom. i think the voicemail bug is common. you can't restore a stock touchwiz app onto a non-touchwiz rom.

Reactions: Scar107

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
did you wipe data from el26/29 cwm recovery before flashing the rom? you should wipe data, dalvik-cache, and cache immediately before flashing rom. i think the voicemail bug is common. you can't restore a stock touchwiz app onto a non-touchwiz rom.

Yeah I wiped everything. I have been able to work around the testing and calling issues, by using Google Voice and GrooVe IP. I have seen better battery performance from AOKP then stock. So I'm not rushing to change it. I was just curious if going from Calkulins rom to AOKP has any effect on my issues. For the TW app, are you referring to the photo editor, and if so, should I just delete it?

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
Yeah I wiped everything. I have been able to work around the testing and calling issues, by using Google Voice and GrooVe IP. I have seen better battery performance from AOKP then stock. So I'm not rushing to change it. I was just curious if going from Calkulins rom to AOKP has any effect on my issues. For the TW app, are you referring to the photo editor, and if so, should I just delete it?

when aokp was first released, you first had to flash cm7, boot into cm7, then go back into recovery to flash aokp and gapps. i still do that and haven't had any problem other than the typical bugs reported by others.

yes, delete the stock photo editor. photo editor is a system app. touchiz and gingerbread system apps cannot be restored onto ICS aosp/aokp roms.

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
when aokp was first released, you first had to flash cm7, boot into cm7, then go back into recovery to flash aokp and gapps. i still do that and haven't had any problem other than the typical bugs reported by others.

yes, delete the stock photo editor. photo editor is a system app. touchiz and gingerbread system apps cannot be restored onto ICS aosp/aokp roms.

OK, now that I am on AOKP. Should I install cm7, and then reinstall AOKP? Or what would be the best course of action?
Thanks for your help too. I really appreciate it.

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
OK, now that I am on AOKP. Should I install cm7, and then reinstall AOKP? Or what would be the best course of action?

Flash EL29 recovery through Odin, reboot into recovery, wipe data-cache, flash akop, flash gapps, reboot, make mama proud. You don't need to mess with CM7.

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
Flash EL29 recovery through Odin, reboot into recovery, wipe data-cache, flash akop, flash gapps, reboot, make mama proud. You don't need to mess with CM7.

Thanks, I will give it a try later on. Lol the Mrs, doesn't like me playing with my phone on Sundays, it's the only day we have off together. I will have to wait for her to go to dinner with her mom. ;)

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010

you shouldn't have to flash cm7 anymore. but if you flash aokp again and you still run into wierd bugs that no one else seems to be having, then try flashing it over top of cm7. wouldn't hurt anything, but i dunno what difference that would make though. i've always done it just out of habit.

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
you shouldn't have to flash cm7 anymore. but if you flash aokp again and you still run into wierd bugs that no one else seems to be having, then try flashing it over top of cm7. wouldn't hurt anything, but i dunno what difference that would make though. i've always done it just out of habit.
I just flashed it back to stock. I am about to re-flash AOKP.. Here's crossing my fingers..

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I just flashed it back to stock. I am about to re-flash AOKP.. Here's crossing my fingers..

AOKP wouldn't flash, but Calkulin's did. Does rouge recovery work with AOKP or does it have to be CWM?

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
Yes, if you noticed upon first flash, it probably flashed super quick. So flash twice and then flash gapps. Also, I would flash using EL26 kernel with CWM not rogue.

OK, it took me forever, but I am back on AOKP. However I ended up with the yellow triangle, when I didn't have it before. But everything I was having issues with seem to be fixed, except for the voice mail in the notification tray. I plan to use QBKing77's fix for the triangle tomorrow. :D

R0CKSTAR3N3RGY

Jan 6, 2012
Chicago, IL
I've had this error 3 times now:

Back on Build 34 I would constantly get "process com.android.phone has stopped working".

It went away on Milestone 5, but today on Build 35 after 3 days of use it happened again.

Anyone know why this is happening? Only solution that worked was full wipe (Cache, Dalvik, Data, System) then reflash. Then it would happen again later.
This has nothing to do with the 3G Supercharger build.prop tweak does it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check here for the details of the old thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27412962
    All I can say is WOW! This build is coming along really nice. Very minor little bugs that of course has already been mentioned and is known about. Everyone involved has done a really great job. I can't wait to see how this thing progresses.

On a side note to TCP. Have you thought any about doing a Vanilla ICS ROM? I know alot of people love these extra tweaks but Im sure some would like a Pure Vanilla like what comes on the Gnex. Its just an idea to throw around. Again you guys have done a great job.

Yea i do have a vanilla rom, just never shared, ill upload later tonight when i get home from work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Hmmm... B39?? :D

Here is my own personal PORT of Build 39. Take it for what it is. I dont have an updated kernel since FF02 so that is what is included. I will not be maintaining it. Should work well enough to feed the need.

DOWNLOAD
    I know a lot of people were being douchebags because they didn't get an update every 3 days but what i want to know...

Did the development actually stop and the thread got closed down or...

...did they just close the thread because of those people mentioned above and once 38+ gets its kinks worked out it will be back?

Hasn't stopped. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    i dont really think thats appropriate. times_infinity is a well respected dev who came over and has since made aokp from source. he managed to figure out a lot of teh bugs and get it rolling pretty damn well in the time its taken him. (i started to work on making aokp from source myself about a week or so ago, got it compiling just not booting)

he doesnt have the device and he did a crapload of work to put out build 39, so i guess im failing to see where he isnt wanting to help?

i thought you were real busy with medical stuff and didnt have a whole lot of time? hence why aokp was still on build 37 cuz you had to swap libs and apks etc etc from the galaxy nexus build. his is purely a source built version which means that he can do it every week when a new version comes out and it takes compile time + upload. i figured youd be thanking him for helping relieve soime of teh workload off you... apparently i was wrong...

I logged on just for this :D, yea i was a bit moody for the past couple weeks, I do appreciate everything he has done :D, and i didnt mean the things i posted ( thats why they are gone :p) sorry for acting like a ****, wont happend again ;)

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

yea dont flash.ive bricked. do not flash

o really? how was this? the rom has emmc brick fix, and a safe recovery everything so u dont brick ( thanks to chris)